Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] GOTY 2010
Started by [E] GACKT

Oh excuse me.

I have to somewhat agree with Happy's GOTY, tho Red Dead Redemption was a GTA clone taking place in the 1920's I did really enjoy it, one of the memorable games i played in 2010.
I think that is is a masterful work of art, for the plain and simple matter of the excellent story. Bringing back old characters from other games, killing people off at just the right times, varied and quite fun levels, on top of the very large number of new weapons made it a wonderful experience. Add in the choppers, perk store, customization options, and the task system, and multiplayer was insanely fun. Medal of honor is buggy, glitched and all around mediocre, didn't even finish the storyline because of the terrible gameplay. TF2 is much better than either of them, in my honest opinion. Unlike both of those games, TF2 shall never, ever, not in a million years, die. There will always be TF2, never a TF3, never a million spinoffs and ripoffs. It is genuine fun, and the trading system is wonderful, it makes me vie to be to best, always wanting to get this hat or that hat, or this unusual or those metal or those keys. Everything balanced out, no team is ever more powerful than the other, and if it turns out a team is inadequate, just change the class and walla, everything is fixed. TF2 is truly the GOTY
Draed, the simple fact that you called Black Ops, or any COD game in general a "masterpiece" is proof that the debate would go nowhere. Your opinion on games is flawed. And TF2? Seriously? THe game came out like 2 years ago. Oh yeah, thats right, it had that huge update with new Hats. I forgot about that, nvm totally GOTY. Lrn2play real games.
the best game of 2010 for me was Halo Reach.
For some unusual reason, I brought TF2 ( Now I realise it was for the Gmod content ) and played a few offline matches. They were alright, loving the sniper. Then I find a server, connect and BAM. Sitting there for half an hour waiting for the damn thing to download peoples HATS. I never play It anymore. But yeah, in my previous comment I said RDR or AC B But I think that they are both good in different ways. RDR for its freestyle environment and replayability and AC B for its combat and multiplayer.

I've never played a Halo game, am I missing out on something?
well mr worm, FUDGE CAKE YES your missing out! but the game isnt for everyone so id rent it first if i where you <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f606.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":lol:">:lol:</object>
I don't have an Xbox360 and don't plan on getting one, is it available on steam?

I'll check now.
sorry xbox onlys do you only have steam? if so id say portal is probably the best game.
Portal is brilliant, GLaDOS was voted #1 Character of the year in magazine Game Informer, but I'm not looking forward to portal 2 atm, looks like you need to be a genius to get any of the puzzles done ._.
Broly, it isn't just new hats. They come out with new items, new polycount packs, levels, hats, weapon updates, bug fixes, fixing broken animations, on top of new achievements, and it's still nice and crisp with each and every update. Blasting fools with my 'tascha is fun, stabbin fools with my knife is fun, burnin fools with my flamethrower is AWESOME. Just because I don't play non-mainstream stuff and not think it's shit because it really really is shit, doesn't mean I have a bad taste in games. I play a wide variety of things, but I would rather spend what little dough I have lying around on games that I KNOW will be good, instead of taking chances on shit that might suck a donkey's ass. MoH is total crap, CoD is a million and twelve times better, I have already went over this, you give me no reason as to why my opinion on games is flawed, and merely insulting the game I chose because I truly thought it was wonderful. I made an intelligent and well thought out answer, please do me the same favor.