Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] GOTY 2010
Started by [E] GACKT

Ya the only reason i still have the game is because of the zombies, even if it is really laggy on the playstation.
Draednar wrote:
Gackt wrote:
Medal of Honor(MADE BY DICE/PUBLISHED BY EA) is not a bad game, at least not as bad as people have been making it out to be. Sure there are problems, many of them surprisingly technical, but there are truly moments (and mechanics) of brilliance at work here. This is certainly not the work of an upstart developer who is trying to simply get a piece of the shooter pie. However, the problems are also not ones which are indicative of a well seasoned development studio. They are a result of a rush to production, things which obviously could have been fixed and tightened up if the looming shadow of Call of Duty wasn’t bearing down on them like a shirtless drunk uncle with a hard on.

The bugs themselves are indefensible. Teammates not responding to cue’s which would push the mission along, getting stuck standing on a vehicle which then makes the entire world turn upside down literally, and some messy animations really tar the experience. The game also does a fairly lousy job of letting you know exactly what you should be doing at any one time. Often times I would be left standing around, trying to figure out what I should do or where I should go while my teammates are off screen shouting at me to hurry up.It’s really a shame that most of the gameplay is so mediocre because the settings themselves are fantastic, and could have really led to some incredibly diverse gameplay and mission goals. The mountainous terrain in particular is rendered so beautifully, and with such a believably organic feel, that they look downright photorealistic in their presentation. I could go on, but none the less not a bad game, but not worth a buy, maybe a gamefly or rent.
Draednar wrote:
Medal of Honor lost all respect I had for it when it grew a vagina. They had the taliban as the enemy in the newest one, until some group started piping up about it, because playing as the taliban ment killing US soldiers. Instead of sticking by their game, they changed it to 'the enemy force'. CoD wouldn't take that shit. They'd slap the shit out of the haters and keep on truckin'. Medal of Honor gets the rating it deserves, and it deserves a rating of 'Total mediocre shit'.

I apologize but your comment is completely fucking stupid, "CoD wouldn't take that shit"? Yes they would, and for one the people who made CoD are named Infinity Ward, Plus that group just so happened to be the United Kingdom's Defense Secretary, a game company up against a countries government, yeah they have the right to be scared, they DID try to defend there game, but they lost, so dont call Medal of Honor(DICE) pussies, Because if it was Infinity Ward in there place, they would be shitting there selfs as well.

Of course no one makes a big deal about people playing Japanese and killing Americans in WWII multiplayer games, or playing Germans doing the same thing. And no one cares about being Russians in Modern Warfare games killing Americans either. Why? Because terrorists are scary brown people and it is currently in vogue for brown people to be scary.

Or, in other words, it SUCKS TOTAL ASS. CoD:BO is a masterpiece, even the single player, which is rare in CoD games. Medal of Honor is bad. It's just bad.

Talking to you about games is depressing, lack of knowledge of actual good games, game industry, developers makes talking to you almost seem impossible, sadly thats your pitiful opinion, you have been exposed to current generation gaming.
You don't have to be a know it all douchebag. If you really want me to, I can start beating you up the street with it, but I don't have the patience to start a debate tonight.
Draednar wrote:
You don't have to be a know it all douchebag. If you really want me to, I can start beating you up the street with it, but I don't have the patience to start a debate tonight.

I'm not being a douche, I'm stating facts thats all, You can "beat me up the street" all you want with it, I hardly doubt it will be much of a debate though, because facts are facts, I really don't want to hear your opinion. lets hope your patience doesn't wear thin haha.
Between the twenty griefers that I had to report, inappropriate sprays, mic spammers, four recruits, burning the shit out of my arm in the oven today, and having to take my dog to the hospital, I really don't have time for your bullshit. Discussion over.
I'm sorry you've had such a horrible day, please take it to the General Discussion, this is obviously a gaming topic, to point out you have time to post posts telling me you don't have time for my discussion.

Oh goodness, I'm making a list of what i think is GOTY as we speak.
How did Game of the Year turn into Argue Until It Turns Irrelevant?

~SN
Someone posted their opinion of their favorite game and other people couldn't handle it because it wasn't what they liked...

From,

Chris.
No, it wasn't, go back and read, it was due to an ignorant comment after explaining what really happen between the UK defense Secretary and DICE. It was obvious he wasn't posting his opinion on a favorite game, but somewhat "trolling". Nor was it an argument, more like i listened to complaining.

Id like to know why any of you think CoD Black ops is GOTY material or a masterpiece, I'm not going to go against it or anything, but I want to know why you think it deserves that title, what in the game makes you think that.

But really ignore it, get back on topic.
I'm talking about the original post saying Medal of Honor was Oki's game of the year, not any of the arguements, I'm on your side. I had more fun with a broken beta of MoH than I did with months of MW2, honestly.

From,

Chris.