Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Moderator Applications
Started by [E] DanniDorrito

Moderator Applications

A moderator is responsible for overseeing other players within Minetown Main Server and Minetown PVP Server. Be ready to set aside your own projects to take care of issues that arise. This will definitely have an effect in your play time on Minecraft. If you think being a moderator is something to do in your spare time or it would be nice to have a position of power, please do not apply. We are looking for dedicated members that wish to help the server any way they can.

Application Requirements:

• You have to be 16 years of age or older; there is a helper rank available for under 16's but you cannot apply for this, its a specially selected rank
  • Do not post applications for any other rank
  • When applying must be able to use TeamSpeak; Can download TeamSpeak free here.
  • Be truthful on your application; age, any past bans ect
  • Don't post anything other then an application
If we find out you did not follow any of the above requirements your application/post will be considered void and will get deleted.

Further action and punishments will be placed for continuous offenders.

• Apply the rules. http://www.minetown.net/rules
  • Overseeing chat and making sure everyone is having fun and not abusing others or the game itself
  • Attend petitions and deal with them to whatever the player needs
  • Checking possible griefing via the Hawkeye System
  • Inventory checks to make sure no one is stealing or duping
  • Confronting people who break the rules and take the necessary actions; such as jail, mute, kick, ban ect
  • Manage warps and region protections ensuring they are correctly done and given
  • Help people and answer questions in chat
  • There are other minor duties but the overall mission of a moderator is to serve and protect Minetown
  • You will represent Minetown as a staff member so would need to watch how you act and speak to players

• Apply the rules http://www.minetown.net/rules
  • Overseeing chat and making sure everyone is having fun and not abusing others or the game itself
  • Attend petitions and deal with them to whatever the player needs
  • Inventory checks to make sure no one is stealing or duping
  • Regularly check to ensure players do not used hacked clients such as xray
  • Confronting people who break the rules and take the necessary actions; such as jail, mute, kick, ban ect
  • Help people and answer questions in chat
  • There are other minor duties but the overall mission of a moderator is to serve and protect MineTown PVP
  • You will represent MineTown PVP as a staff member so would need to watch how you act and speak to players

Its frowned upon for moderators to be in factions so if you really are interested in a staff position please be prepared to not participate in factions. This is because staff will need to deal with a lot of faction problems and staff need to not be involved with the factions so they are able to form none biased opinions on the matter in hand. This has been discussed between staff and this was an overall opinion on it. If you do have a problem with this then post on the suggestions section of the forums, not here.

To apply, please copy and paste the text below into a new post and fill out correctly.
Quote:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Minecraft Ingame Name:

2. Age:

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America):

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average):

5. How long have you been in MineTown:

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?:

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?:

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?:

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown TeamSpeak?:

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain:

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?:

______________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: ScottishSoviets

2. Age: 17 (8/15/94)

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Eastern U.S.

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): Anywhere from 5-50 depending on the time of year, College starts in August which puts stress on time allocated to games and performance art groups take up my weekends starting in November, as well as having performances during the Summer.

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Over a year.

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: Reggief, Kingmark, Rabbi_Sababa, Destroyer1239, Jallaf, Gearelite, Dannyboyg1, kutha, 8x8johan, Landr0, RadicalMguy, Xcoaster, stickysticks, Kong, Krank2015

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Yes, once involving a misunderstanding between myself and a trial mod, the next was a mishap involving an egg investigation where I was innocent.

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: Only on small local servers, but I have alot of admin experience with other gaming communities (EVEonline, Guildwars, Guildwars2)

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: I get on occasionally to see whats new.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain:Experience on the server, figuring out what needs to be done instead of bitching about why it needs to be done or who is going to do it. I have no interest in struggling for power or command permissions, just willing to do my part.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: My name is Scottie Knight, I live in Richmond Kentucky and go to Eastern Kentucky University where I am an undeclared major but leaning towards writing, culinary, or computer forensics. I am a percussionist and I perform in several world class ensembles as well as local community groups. I live in an apartment with two other people and have a fairly good concept of how things are run here, seeing as I've been here for an exceptional amount of time, especially for a minecraft server, which most of the time have a habit of inconsistency. I also teach drums at a local high school and run websites for people and fill out surveys to pay my rent.
1. Minecraft IGN: WackJob

2. Age: 17 (Born December 30th, 1994)

3. Timezone: PST - Pacific Standard Time.

4. Hours per week you play: I play around 45 - 50 hours weekly (If it was a good week). I always have the time to intervene on the server.

5. How long have you been in MineTown: I have been a registered member since November of '11 and a server member since December of '11.

6. Close Friends in Minetown: I just met DonkeyyKong, who is very nice and is recognized by the majority of the players. I have gotten to know plausibility and others in the "Guard" clan. Other than this, I have remained a quiet "builder" and have created numerous creations.

7. Have you ever been banned before: Not Once.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?:

Yes, 'Caror' and I used to run a small server of our own, just for fun. It had a small player base but none the less I acquired many beneficial skills. For example, I got the chance to learn the basic uses of the permissions plugin. I am highly skilled with world edit, locket and many other bukkit plugins, as well as LWC and a RPG faction plugin. Throughout the time I was an 'Owner' with Caror, I learned many of the commands bukkit had to offer, and helped all players in any way I could.

9. Can you use Mumble/Used Minetown Mumble: To be quite honest, I have only used it a couple of times. I am sure I could learn to use it for the Moderation of the server since it is very much needed. And as said before, no, I haven't used Mumble as frequently.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator:

First and foremost, I would like to minimise the amount of rule breaking and create an enjoyable experience for the whole player base. But more to the point I would like to become a mod to help and encourage new players, provide them any assistance they may need, and generally aid any player in any way they require in a polite, respectful and accelerated manner. Finally, I would like to help relieve some of the stress of the other staff members by being active and helping consistently.

I would bring my commitment, I would try me very hardest to provide players with informative and helpful answers to all their queries, I would do this frequently to make sure all players have an enjoyable experience.

Also because of my previous experience I have a great understanding of appropriate sanctions and the best means to deter rule breakers, by simply making fair unbiased decisions. I also have high amounts of time and patients, which I think would be essential when helping players come to grips with rules and any problems that have.

*Edit* Sorry, I Copy/Pasted My Old App :/

Edit: (Since I can't delete my own post) please disregard this application, I'd prefer to stick with the Build Team.

1. Minecraft Ingame Name: Slurth

2. Age: 25

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Mountain

I'm mostly on at night after my wife and kids are in bed. 10pm-1am are kind of my play hours.

Since November 2011

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: Italy08, HolySm0kes, Coffeey, TPrez, Luev, Abzilla, XCoaster, Dillon, DunsJohn, BeckyBeauty, Moon_Rocks, Madster, Antonyoo, Fettuccini. Oh, now that I’ve re-read the question I suppose only Holysm0kes. The others are only so so… <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":-p">:-p</object>

Never, for any game I’ve ever played.

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?:

I am presently a Sergeant on the Prison Server, additionally I have been in Administration positions within another gaming community. I was a senior admin in their TF2 servers as well as a trainer for junior admins. (I can give more information in private to avoid from opening naming the community, as they do host a minecraft server) I'm a fast study for commands and with my two monitors I often have minecraft wiki open on the other screen, so I easily have the server commands available for view.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?:

I had an active stint on Mumble a couple months back. Sometimes mumble is difficult for me as I am active somebody in the house is usually sleeping, so I try to be relatively quiet.

I have a good moral compass and a decent sense of honor. I've slipped up here and there and taken my jokes across the line on occasion, but I owned up for my transgressions and have moved past them. I love this community and want to help give back, and I think this is an excellent opportunity to be able to do so.

My life in a nutshell, after highschool in went into the US Navy where I quickly progressed in rank from E-1 to E-5 in three years (pretty rare considering my job) Got out of the Navy, started school, had a kid, and now I'm a stay at home dad, full time student, and volunteer firefighter. These three things, while each awesome, can cause some stress and Minetown helps me wind down. Sometimes I'm kinda goofy, others I'm a little abrasive, but I know how to uphold myself in a professional manner while I'm wearing a uniform, I've done it most of my adult life. I view the Mod tag as a uniform, and I will wear and respect is properly.
Revels21's Moderator Application

________________________________________________________________________________

1. Minecraft Ingame Name: revels21

2. Age: 17

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT (London)

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): I play around 42 - 56 hours a week on Minetown. Out of that I probably only play about 5 hours a week on the PVP server, however I would be happy spending more time on the PVP server if necessary!

5. How long have you been in MineTown: I have been in Minetown since October 25th, 2011. So exactly 9 months today!

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: Obviously I try to get along with and help everyone, however close friends would include BTechnique, airbornejones, Madster, ronvandorp, leogt123, DanniDorrito, Krystalin and Luggious.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: i have been banned twice, I would say that the reasons don't really matter now, the last time was about 2 or 3 months ago, but I have learnt from what I did wrong and I haven't been banned or cautioned since!

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: I am currently an Admin on Madster's server and I also helped out for a while on the MCBall server, when the permissions weren't quite complete and I had access to the Admin commands, I tried to help people out to the best of my abilities until the permissions were sorted and now I hope to become a full Moderator on that server aswell! I have been an OP on mine and my friend's server, however there is only a limited amount of administrative experience you can gain from a 5-player server! ;P

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: I am on Mumble almost everyday now and try to join in the conversation as much as possible, even when I am unable to actually speak, I will still try and join in by typing (generally only in the evening thoough)!

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I am not too busy on Minetown anymore, I have got two towns set up which need occasional maintenance and a shop which I only need to stock occasionally, so I feel I have more than enough time to dedicate to Moderation activities such as answering Petitions, looking through applications and generally just helping people! I have learnt a lot from the current moderators about what it takes to be a Mod and how they handle different situations! I have also learnt a lot from the Forums and feel as though I have good morals and when it comes down to it, I believe that I will be able to make a sensible and unbiased decision to resolve any situation, no matter who is involved! I also know how to use many of the plugins such as WorldEdit/Guard, PetitionPlugin, MCTowns however I am very intuitive when it comes to Plugins and using them, and anything I don't already know how to do I would be dedicated and able to learn very quickly!

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am currently at College and one of the courses I am taking is computing, learning to code Java, and even outside of College I am dedicated to learning the language and whether I am accepted as a moderator or not I will probably still apply for a Developer position in the future, when I feel that I have a greater understanding of Java (and then hopefully Objective-C after that), because I would like to help out the server one way or another and I feel becoming part of a very decent Dev team would further add to my skills! Having said that I think I am very dedicated to this community already and would be honored to receive the position and be able to give back to the community! As mentioned before, I was banned twice however I look back on the bans now and see them as learning curves and have used them to better my judgement and to avoid making the same mistakes as well as advising others not to either!

Thank-you for reviewing my app and good luck to everyone else! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Copyied from old application and edited =D

1. Minecraft IGN: abzilla

2. Forum username: abzilla

3. Age:19

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Central

5. Hours per week you play(average) and how long have you been in MineTown: Its almost a full time job I avg 30-40 hrs a week I started playing around Dec 15, 2011. Even tho alot of people don't play as much i still am active =D.

6. Friends in Minetown: I have alot of friends ill just name a couple for ya Jjd712, Zionia, Italy08, Irethena, iSoccerplayer, , Jallaf, Luggious, PokemonGardevoir, Predspread, Coffeey, Dillon1975, DimBulb, IvyDreams <3, Gotmilk, DonkeyyKong, Kong999, Sonic_Recreation, Jazza23, Landr0, HolySm0kes, Mattgehring123, Okifool, TPrezzle, Luev, Themilkybarkiduk, Santacruz3r, Ronvandorp, Stealthm23, Tarantula2 and alot more than that just the starting of the members I talk to and the list is growing everyday.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: Yes, I was banned once before. I was banned for x-ray. I know it doesn't look good =\ but people get greedy and lost control. I was lucky enough to catch a blessing and go unbanned by the lovely Danni =D thank you <3. But i have learned that cheating isn't the right way to do stuff. You'll get more satisfaction from doing stuff the old way. By earning your items not by just logging on and looking thru the ground and saying o there's a diamond. I realized that and I'm sorry for what i did. But also i had done the crime and i also served my time. But that's the past not trying to do anything stupid again sticking on the straight and narrow. Even tho a ban is bad I found this to be good because it happened before I could of done more harm to the server.

8. Do you have any experience with Minecraft administration?: Honestly I did a while back not much tho just a friends server (this is not advertising it) just to hang out with tho.

9. Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes, I have mumble installed and I use it every so often =D but can be on more.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator? Explain: I honestly feel as if I could be a good moderator I'm not saying I'll be the best mod you'll ever have. But if you give me a chance I will surprise you. Alot of people have doubted me in my life and all I try to do is prove them wrong. One of my goals is to try to become mod and when I was banned I didn't feel as if id ever get a chance at mod. But people kept telling me to try you'll never know what will happen. So this is my try and trust me if I don't get mod(trial mod) its fine its not the end of the world life will go on.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I'm a really chill laid back guy who doesn't mind to get his hands dirty if something needs to be done. I know how it feels to be on the wrong side of the fence as a delinquent. I know how it feels to be that person. I also know how it feels when you are banned for such a crime. But in that sense I'm also caring about the person. But if someone needs to be banned i will do it.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: 

Coffeey

2. Age: 17

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): 

GMT+0 (Ireland)

Main: Used to be about 50 hours a week, but my playtime has decreased recently

PVP: Was about 40 a week for about 3 weeks, but that also has declined recently.

Since July 15th 2011

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?:

TPrezzle and 8x8johan are my 2 closest friends. My other good friends are savage1106, happyworm360, iGackt, r3411y, gatschet, irethena, dancraft, abzilla, dannyboyg1, slurth, luggious, ironcross, exeriti and cauldwellar.

It's safe to say I would fornicate with most of them.

I apologise to anyone I left out, like jallaf. LOL

I would say I like everyone in Minetown, but I don't, because believe it or not, I'm not a perfect human being. Sadly.

I was banned for 12 hours for an argument in game to allow both parties to cool down.

I'm currently a forum and in-game mod on a minecraft tekkit server.

I was an op on colddevs old server, ColdCraft.

I was mod on a few other bad servers but that's about it. I know the basics of world edit and that sort of stuff also.

I was also Lomtown staff for like 2 hours. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?:

Only everyday (except this week I'm away on holidays)

I have been knocking around the place for a substantial amount of time now, everyone knows me whether as friend or foe. I know how most things work around here; I know the rules like the back of my hand. I have seen every trick in the book in regards to ban appeals, reports etc.

I can reinforce and uphold the rules of minetown as a mature person. As I've often said before, any person can slip up and get angry when they have nothing to stand for or lose.

I do not get rattled by pressure nor do I cower from a task when something gets too hard. I am a respectful person, and I will show all the respect under the sun to people as long as they deserve it and are respectful to me.

All in all, I would reinforce the minetown rules while being mature, respectful, unbiased and all while maintaining a good relationship with the community

I like video games, music, arguing topics with people <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>, watching movies, reading, jallaf.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: sauvilbob

2. Age: 16 almost 17

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Pacific Standard Time

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): Up to 40-50 hours a week during summer vacation. Time will be limited during school due to Technical School and High School together.

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Since December of 2011 actively.

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: DeeQue, Destroyer1239, Inceptioned, FatalPudding, Wysperr, Pwnmaster_dx34, Minecraft123999, Favine. Eh, who am I kidding, I really don't have a problem with anybody in Minetown.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: I have never been banned.

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: I used to run tekkit servers, I am currently a clan owner and leader, and I help people any time they need something that they don't understand, but don't require a mod for.

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: To be frank, I have mumble, but I've only used it once. I plan on using it more at some point.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I think I would make a good mod because I help people constantly ingame and I don't have a problem with it. I don't have a problem asking a question about something I don't understand. I am relatively patient with people I am irritated with and I am quite patient otherwise. I follow chat extremely well, also, and can carry out multiple conversations at once with few to no mistakes as per talking to the wrong person. The last reason is that I can sort out problems people may have with one another or something that they are doing by making them think about both sides of the problem.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I can joke with everyone and have fun, but when I need to be serious, I can indefinitely do so, and I don't really have guilt when it comes to making an important decision. I also think that everything that requires seriousness also needs to be straight to the point, instead of being a literary work, and in a serious situation, I will get to the point quickly. The way I see it, none of this is up to me, and I could do everything possible to make myself look better than I really am, but I would rather be honest about what I can do than make it sound like I can do everything I know I cannot.
1. Minecraft Ingame Name: CyberDrifter

2. Age: 44

3. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): Eastern Standard Time

4. Hours per week you play on Minetown Main and PVP (Average): too many <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> 25 - 30 ish

5. How long have you been in MineTown: Since December 2011

6. Any close friends you play with on Minetown?: I am friendly with everyone, no player that I would call close except my son Catman234.

7. Have you ever been banned before? Why?: I have not been banned

8. Do you have any previous or current experience with Minecraft administration?: None on a public server, I do run my own family server and use some of the same basic plugins as Mintown,

9. Have you spoken much on Minetown Mumble?: I have been on Minetown Mumble a fair amount but, do not talk much.

10. Why do you think you will make a good moderator on Minetown? Explain: I am tolerant, forgiving, and fair, however play by the rules and expect others to do so as well. It is not in my nature to seek retribution for perceived wrongs. While can be strict i understand allowances can be made for mistakes without intent.

11. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am the type of geek that even will read a fair amount of the end user licensing agreements that ship with software. I am a computer constant / programmer by trade. I like to learn. I am applying for mod status because many occasions when I am on Minetown there are limited amount of staff online on the main server. With the development of the new servers even less staff has been there. I just want to help fill the need

Thank you for your time, CyberDrifter