Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] To Claim Or Not To Claim?
Started by [E] Afroman

Italy08 wrote:

Coffeey gets banned for calling Irethena a stupid head. Its perma <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
... but I realised that, before that, Italy08 wrote:

Here's a Hypothetical example:

F**k <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

My opinion is that it depends on the work and the amount of work that someone has put into that land, for example if someone were to claim somebuilding like Italys whole building and storage/ spawn farms area that would be a deffinate NO since the work and time he has put into that, if someone were to claim /warp forrest which is basically a piece of land with nothing changed about it that would probaly be an ay okay.

If not that people should pay for their supposed claims on land and protections for the blocks used in it and the work put into it to be later payed to the orriginal owner if they were to ever return.

But wait i have some examples <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Emagine if you have built the millennium falcon to scale and to size!

You have been working on it for 5 months strait but in a serious car crash you have broken all your arms and fingers (causing you to be unable to play minecraft)

You have been gone for 3 months in hospital and another 4 months to work and pay off the medical bill, once this is done you are joyed to go onto minetown to go to your beloved spaceship to find it has been claimed my some member and turned into a strip club...

Would you like this if it happened to you?

i guess not since its your time that has been claimed, giving a full reson that things should not be claimed unless the person has been said their officially permabanned or has said that they have quit minetown, dont forget to grab evidence to prove they have left like screenshots? forum posts? and ban apeals?

Thankyou for your time, and hopefully my opinion will be understood (unless my tone of the english languange is not valid <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>)

Love

Luggious
Since we at townville are getting ready to claim some neighboring land i'm writing down my opinion.

I think abandoned land should be claimable.

I do agree with most of Lucy concerns, and even recently have saw some player returning after a couple months to see it's land and work taken.

However after spenting a lot of time building in single player, loosing it all in the upgrading processes and finally noticing i dont care anymore with the stuff i did 1 year ago, I would prefer that someone would look after my work if i ever left minetown, and I'm sure someone will since we have quite a good crew at townville. Hell i can't even point anything that i may say it is solo my work anymore.

I prefer to see evolution to the sheer quantity of abandoned buildings/towns we do have. Even if said building took a loot of effort to build. I do believe that others work should always be respected and integrated in new projects, especially if it is good work.

This said, I think the actual process to claim land is alright, mods are mostly aware of who are active and not, and quite fair regarding players feelings. I do however feel that 2 weeks-1 month is not enough to claim anything, even cobble or dirt. At townville we give 1-2 months average and even so we had at least 1 player returning. No one ever got bored since we explain why we don't want unactive buildings (and we have it ruled).

For me activity is much important than beauty. Dynamics much better than static. I love to see change, but that is only my opinion.

Regards.
And ofc, i like kitties.
Zionia wrote:
i voted kitties because my personal thoughts were not expressed in voting options...

Claims should be allowed given proper handling, communication, and time. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

^^^^I agree 100%. I thought about it, and if someone's land had been sitting there for a year and it's obv they aren't coming back, someone should be able to claim it if they put the effort in and go through the correct process. I think the question is, should we have a more difficult and thorough process? And of course, the fact that the land shouldn't just sit in their name, but have plans to improve on it...unless it's blocking a town expanison.

Of course, permabanned players' land is up for grabs as soon as their ban appeal is decided per the current system. If they somehow get unbanned later, tough cookies. It's your fault you got banned, you're lucky enough to be back on the server at all if you get unbanned from a perma.
i liked the idea of having that form you posted earlier and having it go thru a process of moderation. perhaps add that onto what i was saying with the sending posts and messages to the owner, as well as that form to a particular board that can be added in similar to ban appeals. then wait 2 months and if still interested bump the post so the staff see it and can go do the backlog checks. Will ensure only people who truly are interested in improving land will get things...

can also use that same form for permabanned claims as well to make it more official and publicly noted as to what happened with the land...
Its a little simpler... The person who owns the land has to give it... Even if permaban.
Zionia wrote:
i liked the idea of having that form you posted earlier and having it go thru a process of moderation. perhaps add that onto what i was saying with the sending posts and messages to the owner, as well as that form to a particular board that can be added in similar to ban appeals. then wait 2 months and if still interested bump the post so the staff see it and can go do the backlog checks. Will ensure only people who truly are interested in improving land will get things...

can also use that same form for permabanned claims as well to make it more official and publicly noted as to what happened with the land...

I like the idea of using it across the board, for both permas and inactives. That way it's much more consistent. That along with the fee and the requiring to improve upon the land instead of just claiming it would probably deter many people from wanting to claim things...
Well I didn't write this thread with the intention of influencing staff protocol.

I think their doing a fine job as it is, which in all honesty is probably less labor intensive on staff resources.

I'm just glad to see what peoples opinions are <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Well, after reading all these posts and re considering. I do agree that claiming peoples things are unfair. Heres what i think the requirements should be to take them....

-Must be more inactive than 6 months

-Make an app on a staff made post about this subject

-Must want to do something useful with the land like

-Must have contacted the person through enjin or some other device and gotten his permission

-If he is perma-banned like FOREVER not like try and make an appeal later this one dont count ^

Those are just my thoughts <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Also in spite of this thread im removing my claim request for that town i wanted as i didnt want to do anything i should have done with it..