Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] To Claim Or Not To Claim?
Started by [E] Afroman

sovietscottie wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
People are always given 2 weeks notice about there land being claimed. You may not claim something If a person has made a thread about going away for a certain amount of time.

So that is 2 weeks anyways, of you being in game and on forums, for somebody to contact you telling you that somebody is trying o claim your land.

In my opinion I think its very fair.

Hmmm, thats pretty strange since after I was banned and (not perma-banned) that you claimed almost all of my property at the ORIGINAL /warp covetown and warp covecity, edited out most of my information, then took the credit and sold my buildings and moved them to towns all over minetown?

I don't really have a problem with you, and I don't really care about my old towns (which you said you would return and still haven't) BUT, I never recieved any sort of message about it, and I didn't find out about it until I logged back in either. Now, whenever I wander around minetown, I see alot of my buildings chillin around, and they have other peoples names on them who claim to have built them. For example: A house I built which is now in /warp archades, I talked to the owner of the city and he was under the impression that Xx_hazelxX or some name like that had "handcrafted" it. Other than the fact that my old town is a wreck now and alot of my buildings are scattered across the map, the point is that there was no right to take it, being misinformed by others is not really an excuse in my opinion.

I'm sorry if this message is harsh since I don't have a problem with coffeey but I figured I would speak my mind on this topic since alot of time from me and rabbi_sababa went into said towns. Not to mention that place would fetch a far price if sold as a whole.

Actually, your ban WAS determined perma by colddev before your second ban appeal, so whoever claimed your land was allowed to do so per the current system, ergo Coffeey did nothing wrong. But, that is an old issue. It can be seen in this thread http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/2292305-ban-appeal in case you "forgot".

In my opinion, I think "inactivity" shouldn't be a factor to claim someone's land. People always have real life issues that make it hard for them to be on Minecraft. I think the only time we should have property given away is when someone is perma-banned.
Luckily, I had already started Divinities reach with reggief, but if I didn't have that, I would have probably been pretty angry.

If the person who took the property had any decency they would have restored it to it's original state and given up their permissions.

I don't think alot of other people in this situation would be so apathetic.
Minetown Historical Society? Seems the direction this is going anyway.
ScottishSoviets wrote:
Hmmm, thats pretty strange since after I was banned and (not perma-banned) that you claimed almost all of my property at the ORIGINAL /warp covetown and warp covecity, edited out most of my information, then took the credit and sold my buildings and moved them to towns all over minetown?

I don't really have a problem with you, and I don't really care about my old towns (which you said you would return and still haven't) BUT, I never recieved any sort of message about it, and I didn't find out about it until I logged back in either. Now, whenever I wander around minetown, I see alot of my buildings chillin around, and they have other peoples names on them who claim to have built them. For example: A house I built which is now in /warp archades, I talked to the owner of the city and he was under the impression that Xx_hazelxX or some name like that had "handcrafted" it. Other than the fact that my old town is a wreck now and alot of my buildings are scattered across the map, the point is that there was no right to take it, being misinformed by others is not really an excuse in my opinion.

I'm sorry if this message is harsh since I don't have a problem with coffeey but I figured I would speak my mind on this topic since alot of time from me and rabbi_sababa went into said towns. Not to mention that place would fetch a far price if sold as a whole.

You were perma banned dude. And also I offered to give you back covecity and you didnt want it back. The offer still stands as open for you to have your city back...
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
LucyLooseLegs wrote:

Of course the exception being: No one wants to save a dirt-cobble house.

Outside of crappy houses, I think preserving Minetown's map is important.

Aren't you the one who built us a new spawn area? That's a historical part of Minetown's map isn't it?

I'm not trying to be snide here. I love the new spawn area, i'm just making a point.

I don't see the point that you are trying to make.

I claim no ownership over spawn.

Spawn belongs to the server and Sawine himself supervised and personally approved of the changes made to spawn.

I didn't walk up in spawn and /pe new claim diz bitch

I think you're veering off topic.

P.S

FYI There IS an original copy of spawn preserved elsewhere. It's not destroyed.

Actually I directly responded to your post which stated that preserving Minetown's map is important.

I was merely stating that it is odd you say that, when you changed the spawn, whether you own it or not. I'm not trying to be mean in saying this but its a valid point, and I'm not veering off topic, so don't state I am.

If there was to be changes with the claiming system I would suggest having a fee to claim someone work should be implemented based on the size of the structure/s and the materials used in the structure/s.
I'm pretty sure, perma-banned includes never coming back....man, you got me.

But it was also only a month when I was "gone" where somebody who already wanted my town took advantage, and I asked for permissions back a LONG time ago. And this entire thread is kind of discussing why the current system is, nicely... "garbage"

In the system nothing is wrong but obviously some people took advantage over others with it.
Coffeey wrote:
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
LucyLooseLegs wrote:

Aren't you the one who built us a new spawn area? That's a historical part of Minetown's map isn't it?

I'm not trying to be snide here. I love the new spawn area, i'm just making a point.

Spawn belongs to the server and Sawine himself supervised and personally approved of the changes made to spawn.

P.S

Actually I directly responded to your post which stated that preserving Minetown's map is important.

I was merely stating that it is odd you say that, when you changed the spawn, whether you own it or not. I'm not trying to be mean in saying this but its a valid point, and I'm not veering off topic, so don't state I am.

If there was to be changes with the claiming system I would suggest having a fee to claim someone work should be implemented based on the size of the structure/s and the materials used in the structure/s.

Spawn isn't an individual players property.

Spawn is the first thing that new players see when they enter the server.

It is therefore important to keep spawn up to date and as presentable as possible at all times.

Yes it has been changed, however I will re-iterate that spawn is a server feature and not a normal members property.

The original spawn will be implemented into the North spawn area in the future, so I see no point in using my changes to spawn as a point of discussion.

Let me ask you this Coffee.

If for whatever reason, you had to go offline.

You had no way of accessing the forums, mumble or Minetown period.

What happens when someone comes along and claims your property New Adelaide?

You won't get it back.

You won't be refunded.

If you agree to keeping land claim easier, it will work both ways. Your property will be just as vulnerable for claims as the next persons.

You as an individual are no exception to the rule that you support.
Not really man. You were officially perma banned, and then someone unbanned you. Not my fault you were unbanned? I offered you your town back and you said no.

If you dont want it back its fine... Il give it to somebody else
Find the thread, where I said no?

"someone" unbanned me, I wonder who that mysterious stranger is...
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
LucyLooseLegs wrote:

P.S

Spawn isn't an individual players property.

Spawn is the first thing that new players see when they enter the server.

It is therefore important to keep spawn up to date and as presentable as possible at all times.

Yes it has been changed, however I will re-iterate that spawn is a server feature and not a normal members property.

The original spawn will be implemented into the North spawn area in the future, so I see no point in using my changes to spawn as a point of discussion.

Let me ask you this Coffeey.

If for whatever reason, you had to go offline.

You had no way of accessing the forums, mumble or Minetown period.

What happens when someone comes along and claims your property New Adelaide?

You won't get it back.

You won't be refunded.

If you agree to keeping land claim easier, it will work both ways. Your property will be just as vulnerable for claims as the next persons.

You as an individual are no exception to the rule that you support.

I was literally just giving a relevant response to your statement. Whether owned by members or not, its still going against what you said in the first statement. That is why I was using it as a point of discussion. And it was in fact, very relevant.

Its all well and good going back on the statement now saying that 'Spawn is the first thing that new players see when they enter the server.' but also the area around spawn is seen just as much as spawn. And a lot of that is VERY deteriorated. But lets move on...

Somebody being COMPLETELY unable to access the forums and in game for over 3 weeks would be a very rare thing.. It would be pointless to bring in precautions for that reason.

I myself, would never be inactive for 3 weeks and not post a warning about my stuff. If people cared A LOT about there stuff they could always use there phone and post a quick thread or contact someone to post it for them.

When danny lost his internet he was still able to tell people, example.

Also it would always be about 2-3 weeks before somebody noticed you were very inactive to attempt to claim a building. Therefore It ould even be about 4-5 weeks a person would have to announce there where about's to save there buildings.

If someone's buildings were very important to them they would know to announce that they are leaving for a period of time.

'What if noobs who don;t know the rules about claiming go inactive thinking there buildings are safe'. My response to this before someone says it is, new people will generally not build much straight off the bat.

Someone who see's a crappy cobble building will never go to the trouble of claiming something.

It is also rare for somebody to come back from somewhere and be pissed about losing a building, and I myself have never seen it before.

However with scott, he was officially permanently banned and I claimed his town after about 3 weeks, maybe more.

I had no idea he would be unbanned and when he was, I offered him his city back which he didnt take back. That is not my fault

The offer is still open to him to take it back...