Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Removing the glass to glowstone plugin
Started by [E] randalserrano

So does the soulsand to glowstone not work anymore?
same goes to here...dont know what's the reason of using glasses into glowstone dust., it lose the meaning of soulsand already.

And from this point of view, I dont see any reason why need to go nether anymore if the egg is available in world map.

anyway, either way is ok for me.
I also agree, the glass to glowstone plugin must be disabled, with Soulsand put back into that role instead. It is hurting Millenium City's Expansion due to the fact that I require large amounts of glowstone, and have a decent stockpile of soulsand in order to do just such. Which was completely sideswiped when they removed the plugin. This also controlled netherack being able to light off by redstone, therefor making the expansion of my Firewall, impossible unless it is re-enabled.
I would however, be fine with removing glass->glowstone if it was replaced with another block (Soulsand->Glowstone)
I feel it's worth pointing out that the ability to convert soulsand/glass into glowstone and then harvest the glowstone was never an intended use of FalseBook/CraftBook plugin on this server-- it was strictly for switchable lighting, and the ability to harvest that lighting was a side effect. Given that this feature has now been superceeded by the built-in features (redstone lamps), and that there's no way to configure it to something other than glass (The change from soulsand to glass was a plugin change, not a configuration change), and that there are plenty of uses for glass around redstone circuitry where transforming into glowstone is undesirable, this feature will be disabled on server restart.

Sorry guys, I know many aren't going to enjoy the loss of cheap glowstone, but it's causing problems for players now and it's not worth and time investment to engineer a workaround now that the original purpose is gone. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object> noooo *Starts harvesting all sand possible*
Thank You So Much! I can now make my tree farm!
so does this mean that we WILL be able to use glass to make glowstone?
No, it means you have to collect glowstone legitamately now. Glass/soulsand/anything else were never meant to be used as a source to farm glowstone.

And honestly its not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. You have to collect netherbrick legitimately, and just look around, theres TONS of the stuff to be had. Glowstone is no harder to collect.
Made one just like this except much simpler. When the tree grows for some reason on the server the leaf blocks will replace anything near it, aka anything in the path of tree growth is deleted automatically without dropping the item. Sorry bra~