Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Removing the glass to glowstone plugin
Started by [E] randalserrano

I have been in a creative server working on an automatic tree farm to put into Minetown. It is almost complete, and it works great! The problem is I use glowstone to put redstone on top of because it gives the instant vertical power when a switch is toggled. I need glowstone to do that in Minetown so I can create this and other machines that use the same methods. Perhaps there could be a way to craft glowstone dust using a different method. Perhaps even with the crafting table. (4 lavabuckets + 5 redstone = 2 glowsone dust dust for instance) But the current method would void everything I have tested. Other users would probably want to use glowstone the way I do as well. Please leave feedback!
I have nothing against using glass to make glowstone, however I fail to see why it was changed from soul sand, I don't see what was wrong with that! If someone knows the reason please enlighten me! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
It lagged the server if I am not mistaken. The glass to glowstone thing is a part of a larger plugin (i believe craftbook) that has been in Minetown for a while so it was just a matter of activating it. Since we have redstone lamps now, I don't see any reason to have glowstone turn into glass with redstone anymore besides making glowstone.
just a quick point i believe isoccers stone farm was scraped becasue it was hurting the economey this may happen with your tree farm.

Thanks and peps dont think i am a economey nartcey.

However i would like to see this plugin changed or removed
My automated tree farm isn't 100% automated. I still have to plant the tree and bonemeal it. I don't think it will do anything with the economy. I will be keeping my wood prices the same, I will just be able to keep up with the demand now. It seems everytime I turn around, my wood is gone. Lol. And thanks for the feedback.
randalserrano wrote:
My automated tree farm isn't 100% automated. I still have to plant the tree and bonemeal it. I don't think it will do anything with the economy. I will be keeping my wood prices the same, I will just be able to keep up with the demand now. It seems everytime I turn around, my wood is gone. Lol. And thanks for the feedback.

If you have to plant the trees, place the bonemeal, do everything yourself, surely it isn't automated? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
It takes the leaves away, moves the logs into a collection area, and stores them. we are working on not having to use bonemeal right now.
I do agree that glowstone to glass and back should be removed because with redstone lamps now it is no longer used for its original purpose and only used for gathering glowstone.
Also, here is a pic of the tree farm i am working on that got me to make this thread in the first place. The glowstone all has redstone on top of it. Which is currently impossible to do right now on Minetown because of the glass to glowstone part of craftbook. I think that feature can be turned off without completely shutting off craftbook. 661030.jpg
No way man. My shop thrives on the conversion.