Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Format, Wtf is that?
Started by [E] GACKT

And to the people who didnt bother to read the actual topic of this thread:

We are talking about people who dont know what a ban appeal format is and need a link on there ban appeal reply or something, not the ban appeal format -_-

I find it funny how on a thread about people not being able to understand simple instructions and read basic info, as some people said already in the forums 'its common sense', that people are coming in, completely NOT reading basic info about this thread and commenting on what they THINK its about... lol ironic or what.

I mean I said new people could get lost, but some of the people going completely off topic are pretty known members (the owner, lol) This is a perfect example.
Thanks for your wise words dunsjohn on autism, but could you make a separate topic on you're life issues, I'm trying to talk about a problem here in mine.
XCoaster wrote:

If this is possible with enjin, we could have the banned player have a pop-up window with the appeal format when you click to create a new thread under ban appeals?

This is not possible with Enjin, it could be possible using some custom javascript, although I'll have to think about it. I don't really want to have to "hold the hands of banned people". If they been banned in the 1st time, it's because they failed to respect the rules. If they're not smart enough to post a proper ban appeal, well I don't see any valid reason why they should be part of our community. And... making this javascript thing would take me a small amount of time, but I'm not sure if this time is worth it...

Even if this would be in place, there would still be people not finding the forum section...

If you are enough smart and have enough wish to come back on the server, I think it's easy enough to find the proper format.
i think that xcoaster's idea about making some kind of popup window to the banned people is a really good idea. it could also be a mail or a message. that would make it easier to those who are not used to the forum and/or are not that good at english. its actualy a pretty big group of people.
If you just throw a line down in the rules:

'If you get banned use this format to make your ban appeal in this link: link'

or simply

'If you get banned post your ban appeal in this thread: link with the ban appeal format on page 1 of that thread.'

Im sure if they figure it out then... you can play the 'you read and accepted that you read and understood the rules' card

simplez
GACKT wrote:
Woah Woah You guys completely went off topic, this isn't about the ban appeal format at all, this about the new people who are young, never been on a forum before. Yes it's obviously stick'd right there in the ban appeal forums. But think about it, if you had no idea what the format was, do you think the first thought in your head would be "OH he/she must be talking about the format located in the stick'd topic somewhere on this site huhuhu".

I'm not going to even argue with dunsjohn, he disagree's with about 95% of everything, and pretty much blows everything out of proportion, I've been away so I see he hasn't changed his ways. Calling us ignorant when we didn't even state our 'cases' as he says, just our suggestions and opinions.

I never called you or anyone participating here ignorant. Please read. As well, when you WERE here, I wasn't active on the forums that much. So... another point against you. As to me being 95% against everyone all the time... just makes me lol.
Coffeey wrote:
hmm that autism comment is pretty... uninformed and uneeded. Id say a lot of people with autism could out brain you in 80 percent of things

Did I say they're stupid or something? No. It IS a common sense impairing disorder. Please look it up, and inform yourself.
GACKT wrote:
Thanks for your wise words dunsjohn on autism, but could you make a separate topic on you're life issues, I'm trying to talk about a problem here in mine.

You took one sentence out of a couple paragraphs responding to your topic. Who is looking like the idiot? Not going to apologize for that if you're going to blatantly attack me (which you did before you left as well, glad to see you haven't changed).

I have stayed on topic and responded to things that people stated. If you're going to attack me, Gackt... at least try to be smart about it.
Noticed there was a mention of the griefer traps and the disapproval of them.

They are not in any way considered as luring. Luring is a term used when you provide misleading information in order to 'lure' the player into a trap. Griefer traps clearly state they are traps and not to be touched else they will be banned as it is against minetown rules to steal.

Almost all banned cases using this trap are from guests. These players are already breaking minetown rules by doing this and griefer traps are our way of removing these types of members from our server before they get the chance to steal from actual players.

We have taken good measures to keep them limited and refuse to allow regular players to create them. The main point for these traps is to weed out the bad players that don't seem to understand stealing is wrong. Players who look into the chest are okay, its the ones who become greedy and take that get punished.

EDIT: Also now locking this as the thread isnt really on topic anymore and most questions were answered. You can moan about the ban appeal format all you want but if you want it changed then make a new thread with some solutions. No point moaning if you are not going to provide a solution <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
dunsjohn wrote:
GACKT wrote:
Woah Woah You guys completely went off topic, this isn't about the ban appeal format at all, this about the new people who are young, never been on a forum before. Yes it's obviously stick'd right there in the ban appeal forums. But think about it, if you had no idea what the format was, do you think the first thought in your head would be "OH he/she must be talking about the format located in the stick'd topic somewhere on this site huhuhu".

I'm not going to even argue with dunsjohn, he disagree's with about 95% of everything, and pretty much blows everything out of proportion, I've been away so I see he hasn't changed his ways. Calling us ignorant when we didn't even state our 'cases' as he says, just our suggestions and opinions.

I never called you or anyone participating here ignorant. Please read. As well, when you WERE here, I wasn't active on the forums that much. So... another point against you. As to me being 95% against everyone all the time... just makes me lol.
Coffeey wrote:
hmm that autism comment is pretty... uninformed and uneeded. Id say a lot of people with autism could out brain you in 80 percent of things

Did I say they're stupid or something? No. It IS a common sense impairing disorder. Please look it up, and inform yourself.
GACKT wrote:

You took one sentence out of a couple paragraphs responding to your topic. Who is looking like the idiot? Not going to apologize for that if you're going to blatantly attack me (which you did before you left as well, glad to see you haven't changed).

I have stayed on topic and responded to things that people stated. If you're going to attack me, Gackt... at least try to be smart about it.

duns next time you talk about autism dont search google for the worst ones ....

i have pdd-nos LOOK IT UP .....

so i have to say you wrong ..... not everybody is like this > : I highly doubt those whom are banned all have such or anything else that destroys their ability to tell right from wrong, as well as destroys their ability to read and understand.........

I know how to tell right from wrong

I know how to read and understand ....

you only know the autism ppl proberly who have the classic Autism ( what acctually is the worstkind of it ...)

furthermore ....

The idea coaster told is just briliant ...