Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Format, Wtf is that?
Started by [E] GACKT

sawine wrote:
@ikailaz

...Why are you mad over traps ? I don't get your point here...

It just get rid of the weed faster... ... trap thieves are usually the top end of not-so-smart people...

Exactly. Its like have you ever seen the show Bait car? Or just seen Cars Police officers have rigged to catch car thefts? Its the same idea.
Fettuccini wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
Fettuccini wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
It is true that what nemenix said about the steal traps these traps are really tricky

Which part is tricky? The signs surrounding the chest that say "GRIEF TRAP DO NOT STEAL", or the signs surrounding the chest that say "IF YOU STEAL YOU WILL BE BANNED"?

Why Would there even be a grief trap?

Its just getting players a feeling like .... OOOOOOO SHIT if i steal i might get banned but maby i will get away with it ...

Such a trap isnt even necesary in here

you only make the amoun of bans higher ....

Why not ban the ppl that steal from acctually people their NON TRAP chests....

I think the grief traps are a kind of luring ....

If you dont want ppl to steal

DONT MAKE A FREAKING steal/grief trap....

Dawh

Grief traps are made to more actively catch people with a blatant disregard for the rules. If they are arrogant/stupid enough to steal from a chest that is OBVIOUSLY monitored by staff, then they are more than willing to steal from other players first chance they get. With how well the traps are marked, this is EVEN LESS sneaky than just leaving an unlocked chest in your own house, which is obviously not sneaky.

As for banning people who steal from non-trap chests: Seriously? Have you even glanced at the ban appeals section before? Probably 80% of the appeals in there are for EXACTLY that.

Grief traps only get people banned who would inevitably be banned for stealing anyway. This just save some would-be unlucky player from being dragged into by being stolen from.

i just think the traps are Not needed ....

whats the use for it ? LURING PPL INTO STEALING ....

WHY would ppl steal from a open chest?

Because they can .....

And this part?

This just save some would-be unlucky player from being dragged into by being stolen from

First of all ... Everybody can steal things .... thats why we have the LWC ..... and stuff to protect it

it`s just stupid ....

if you find a wallet with a f load of money in it without any names of somebody in it license ECT

Would u bring it to the police station and say i found this??

it evenhappend me once ...

i found a wallet with money .. picked it up and walked away ...

Police followed me till my house ... i got a ticket for it .....

Cause i "stole" a wallet full with money ....

Thats kinda the same as her

Your getting lured into a trap and you get a "ticket"(BAN)

In my opinion i just find that player unfriendly
dunsjohn wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
I find that piece very disturbing ...

Why is it disturbing? Autism is well known for it's common sense impairment. I highly doubt those whom are banned all have such or anything else that destroys their ability to tell right from wrong, as well as destroys their ability to read and understand. The average person (of literate countries) is able to read and understand their language. Considering this is a mainly English server (application and rules are in English, so they at least need understanding for those), I don't see why they are unable to make a proper ban appeal.

Cause i have friend that have autism.....

And those arent like the kind you discribed ...

Neither am i like that kind

But i can see what you mean ....
ikailaz wrote:
Fettuccini wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
Fettuccini wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
It is true that what nemenix said about the steal traps these traps are really tricky

Which part is tricky? The signs surrounding the chest that say "GRIEF TRAP DO NOT STEAL", or the signs surrounding the chest that say "IF YOU STEAL YOU WILL BE BANNED"?

Why Would there even be a grief trap?

Its just getting players a feeling like .... OOOOOOO SHIT if i steal i might get banned but maby i will get away with it ...

Such a trap isnt even necesary in here

you only make the amoun of bans higher ....

Why not ban the ppl that steal from acctually people their NON TRAP chests....

I think the grief traps are a kind of luring ....

If you dont want ppl to steal

DONT MAKE A FREAKING steal/grief trap....

Dawh

Grief traps are made to more actively catch people with a blatant disregard for the rules. If they are arrogant/stupid enough to steal from a chest that is OBVIOUSLY monitored by staff, then they are more than willing to steal from other players first chance they get. With how well the traps are marked, this is EVEN LESS sneaky than just leaving an unlocked chest in your own house, which is obviously not sneaky.

As for banning people who steal from non-trap chests: Seriously? Have you even glanced at the ban appeals section before? Probably 80% of the appeals in there are for EXACTLY that.

Grief traps only get people banned who would inevitably be banned for stealing anyway. This just save some would-be unlucky player from being dragged into by being stolen from.

i just think the traps are Not needed ....

whats the use for it ? LURING PPL INTO STEALING ....

WHY would ppl steal from a open chest?

Because they can .....

And this part?

This just save some would-be unlucky player from being dragged into by being stolen from

First of all ... Everybody can steal things .... thats why we have the LWC ..... and stuff to protect it

it`s just stupid ....

if you find a wallet with a f load of money in it without any names of somebody in it license ECT

Would u bring it to the police station and say i found this??

it evenhappend me once ...

i found a wallet with money .. picked it up and walked away ...

Police followed me till my house ... i got a ticket for it .....

Cause i "stole" a wallet full with money ....

Thats kinda the same as her

Your getting lured into a trap and you get a "ticket"(BAN)

In my opinion i just find that player unfriendly

So you know, such traps say "Grief trap, do not steal, do not steal, do not steal." Any idiot who ignores those warnings should be banned. Also, I saw a sign at candyland grief trap "You will be banned if you steal." They serve it. Keep the grief traps.
ikailaz wrote:
dunsjohn wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
I find that piece very disturbing ...

Why is it disturbing? Autism is well known for it's common sense impairment. I highly doubt those whom are banned all have such or anything else that destroys their ability to tell right from wrong, as well as destroys their ability to read and understand. The average person (of literate countries) is able to read and understand their language. Considering this is a mainly English server (application and rules are in English, so they at least need understanding for those), I don't see why they are unable to make a proper ban appeal.

Cause i have friend that have autism.....

And those arent like the kind you discribed ...

Neither am i like that kind

But i can see what you mean ....

I babysit someone with Autism. I know exactly what I'm talking about. They have an understanding of what is right and wrong, yes... but they are unable to do the right action based on the understanding. Why? They have to have some way to communicate. I'm not talking about bullshit autism that is easy to diagnose. I mean those who can't even talk coherent English. Those who will randomly start singing, then crying, then randomly want to eat, etc. Autism is one of the easiest psychological disorders to be diagnosed with. Look it up. They lower the standards every year. There has been talk within the psychological medical field about making higher standards to be diagnosed with such. Why? If you have Autism, you have a relatively easy time graduating from high school. You can't fail a special ed class. There's not A,B,C,D,F system there. It's just pass, or pass with flying colors.
Griefer traps aren't going anywhere anytime soon...we have 7 and they work well. They help us catch those who would steal. Why would we want them here?
Woah Woah You guys completely went off topic, this isn't about the ban appeal format at all, this about the new people who are young, never been on a forum before. Yes it's obviously stick'd right there in the ban appeal forums. But think about it, if you had no idea what the format was, do you think the first thought in your head would be "OH he/she must be talking about the format located in the stick'd topic somewhere on this site huhuhu".

I'm not going to even argue with dunsjohn, he disagree's with about 95% of everything, and pretty much blows everything out of proportion, I've been away so I see he hasn't changed his ways. Calling us ignorant when we didn't even state our 'cases' as he says, just our suggestions and opinions.
XCoaster wrote:
sawine wrote:
I understand it can be "sad" that some not-so-smart people are contacting random people to get support with their ban appeal... but I don't think there is anything to gain by making the ban appeals more idiot friendly.

Unless anyone comes with a very good suggestion to counter "this issue", the current ban appeal system is alright in my opinion.

Cya

If this is possible with enjin, we could have the banned player have a pop-up window with the appeal format when you click to create a new thread under ban appeals?

I'm glad you have actually understood what were talking about <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> Somewhat, a first
Coffeey wrote:
XCoaster wrote:
sawine wrote:
I understand it can be "sad" that some not-so-smart people are contacting random people to get support with their ban appeal... but I don't think there is anything to gain by making the ban appeals more idiot friendly.

Unless anyone comes with a very good suggestion to counter "this issue", the current ban appeal system is alright in my opinion.

Cya

If this is possible with enjin, we could have the banned player have a pop-up window with the appeal format when you click to create a new thread under ban appeals?

I'm glad you have actually understood what were talking about <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> Somewhat, a first

That sounds great, if it is possible.
dunsjohn wrote:
To those saying new people have a hard time navigating forums. Try this on for size:

common sense. I find it hard to believe that everyone banned has autism or any other common sense impairing disorder.

hmm that autism comment is pretty... uninformed and uneeded. Id say a lot of people with autism could out brain you in 80 percent of things