Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Format, Wtf is that?
Started by [E] GACKT

I got 30+ messages on how to get unbanned..
I knew about it before I was a mod and if you're in the Ban Appeals section, it's not a literary feat to read "ban appeal format". I find it amusing that I must have learned everything I know about the server after becoming staff, instead of learning lots before.
Yeah Ire, thats totally true. But when people say I am banned on their thread name and post the thread, you can see its not even placed on the ban app section most of the time. They havent seen the ban app format than.
ModernDragoness wrote:
I knew about it before I was a mod and if you're in the Ban Appeals section, it's not a literary feat to read "ban appeal format". I find it amusing that I must have learned everything I know about the server after becoming staff, instead of learning lots before.

Well im glad for you lol. But as I said; if someone is literally brand new to forums.. they might not know how to navigate threw threads to find the ban appeal section or whatever, and someone saying 'Post in the correct format, cya' is just jargon to them.
Having a coloured name is a pain... and donating for inconvenience is my concern.
Nemenix wrote:
Gackt is right and i have my own opinion too. When mods say something like this: Read and use the ban appeal format before making a ban appeal and make a new one, wouldn't it be better to give the thread link or the format with that. I think i would feel nicer if a mod would warmly help me and that i won't lie in my ban appeal. Otherwise if the rules would be added into the application i can say that 40% less people would be banned, because when people make a app they just simply dont read it always, same as the ToA, i never read them.

Also the steal traps should be removed. I know there are a lot of signs that say DON'T STEAL YOU WILL BE BANNED!, nearly everyone has it in them to steal, we are humans and we make faults. If i would be new, poor and open a chest with all those good items, maybe i would consider taking them to look rich so people won't laugh about me if i would buy a plot at a town and that i wouldn't have any supplies to build something on it. Of course go mine, chop wood, dig dirt, sand etc. and gather them, but if you have something to start with, thats only better.

You practicaly have to stare directly at the Appeal Format thread in order to post an appeal. What possible reason is there that mods should have to baby anyone through something as simple as this? There is none.

There is also no reason to put the rules directly in the application. There is a great big button on the very top of the of every page on this website that says "RULES". In fact its DIRECTLY NEXT TO the Join button. If they figured out how to join, they have no excuse for not having read the rules, so ignorance of the rules is NEVER a valid excuse. When you apply you agree to the rules. If you havent read them by then or soon after, and then break them, you don not belong here. Period.

Yes, everyone has it in them to steal. This does not make it ok to steal, ESPECIALLY when there are tons of signs around a chest saying that its a trap. Sure, anyone can get the urge to steal, but if you have so little self control as to where you cant NOT steal, why should you NOT get banned?
Sorry but the only thing what im seeing * Thrue my eyes*

Not Even 1 staff member Put a reaction to the * Place a link or format if ppl dont know or didnt put a ban appeal the right way ...* I MAY HAVE OVERSEEN IT if somebody did reacted to this ... my excuses if it whas placed <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

It is true that what nemenix said about the steal traps these traps are really tricky and when new member join they think .... Hey an open chest ... im poor like hell

So maby the person who owns it doesnt mind if i take a little bit to get started

The idea of posting a link in an Bad made bann appeal To the Correctly bann appeal format is a great idea ...

It may take longer to get your post there but still ... it helps People who aren`t familiair with these kinds of forums

well thats my input for today <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Yours sincerly ikailaz
If you're too ignorant to not use the correct format (which we have used for quite a long time), then that's too bad for you. It's there to make the appealing process easier.
I don't understand what's so hard about finding the format or any other of the wealth of information provided to us.

When I was a guest I clicked around most articles on the wiki, read the rules a couple times and lurked the forums. None of these things are effort extensive.

If somebody is too lazy or dim to look up the proper procedures then I feel like they don't really care about being a part of the community. Mods telling them to put it in the proper format is sufficient, mods shouldn't have to bend over backwards accomodating lazy players who break the rules and demand access back online.
ikailaz wrote:
It is true that what nemenix said about the steal traps these traps are really tricky

Which part is tricky? The signs surrounding the chest that say "GRIEF TRAP DO NOT STEAL", or the signs surrounding the chest that say "IF YOU STEAL YOU WILL BE BANNED"?