Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Format, Wtf is that?
Started by [E] GACKT

When people post ban appeals without doing the format and are obviously new(Join date, post count, etc), don't just say "Please post in the correct format" Mods, they obviously don't know what it is, I've gotten 3 PM's in the past 2 weeks asking about it randomly from members who don't know anything about the format. I don't mind helping out but I feel it's getting a bit out of hand. At least post the format along with you're post.

It's a rather small issue, but could save a lot of time and confusion. Thanks~
My friend who got banned was actually saying to me that he hadn't a clue what it was either lol.

He didnt know how to find the ban appeal thread so he gave up
The "Ban Appeal: Posting Guidelines" is the second on the list when you go to ban appeals on the forum. Those who don't actually care that much to be on this server are ignorant about it. They choose to post whatever they feel is right, in their mind. However, I know of many ban appeals of NEW members (at the time of the appeal) in which they made a proper format on the first try.

I mean, hell... I get 10-20 pm's EVERY WEEK asking "How do I join the server?" Are you F*ing kidding me? You can't see the big join now at the top? -_- It's common sense that ban appeals are in the forums, so they click forums. They see ban appeals at the bottom, they click on that. If they could only open their eyes at this stage, as well, they'd see how to make a proper ban appeal format. Coffeey, the situation you explained is rare, from what I see. Roughly 1 out of every 15 or so ban appeals are in the general discussion thread (again, from what I see, but I don't spend 24/7 on the forums).

I mean no offense, but what you are both explaining are just cases of ignorance, nothing more. Staff does a good enough job. Hell, most of staff gives the link or shows how to make a proper ban appeal in their reply to the OP. Only a few staff don't do that. And, it's the staff's choice whether or not to make it easier for them. Honestly, staff shouldn't have to baby everyone during a ban appeal. If they did, why bother banning them in the first place? If people truly love being on this server, they'd at least take an effort in trying to be unbanned.

I've seen ban appeals as short as this, before: "Unban me now or I'll get my friends to DDOS you." "Unban me plox." "WTF!? I didn't do anything wrong, unban nao." My favorite: "My brother/cousin/sister/dad/dog/penis was on and I forgot to turn my computer off. I didn't do anything, so you should unban me." Seriously... if these people who got banned could at least READ the rules. Wait, not just read. When submitting an application, you agree to "terms and conditions" of being on the server, in a matter of speaking. If they don't understand the rules, it's not the staff's fault. They are written in as simple English as possible. "You are responsible for your account even if you're not using it" (paraphrased). Honestly... in the rules, dumbest excuse in the book. I'm waiting for this: "I was taking a dump for only a couple minutes and I come back and I'm banned?" That's about the only excuse I haven't heard with people using other's accounts.

You think I went off topic, but I didn't. Given this... if they can't even understand the rules, who's to say they'll be able to understand what a proper ban appeal format is? My vote, leave everything as is. If they want to be on the server, they'll work for it. If they don't work for it, just let them swim with the sharks for a bit until they learn.
To summarize what dunsjohn said:

The ban appeal section with the correct format thread STICKIED AT THE VERY TOP is not difficult to find/read/comply with.

Do you REALLY want to keep someone on this server if they dont care enough/dont have the extremely basic level of intelligence required to do this?

I dont.
Gackt is right and i have my own opinion too. When mods say something like this: Read and use the ban appeal format before making a ban appeal and make a new one, wouldn't it be better to give the thread link or the format with that. I think i would feel nicer if a mod would warmly help me and that i won't lie in my ban appeal. Otherwise if the rules would be added into the application i can say that 40% less people would be banned, because when people make a app they just simply dont read it always, same as the ToA, i never read them.

Also the steal traps should be removed. I know there are a lot of signs that say DON'T STEAL YOU WILL BE BANNED!, nearly everyone has it in them to steal, we are humans and we make faults. If i would be new, poor and open a chest with all those good items, maybe i would consider taking them to look rich so people won't laugh about me if i would buy a plot at a town and that i wouldn't have any supplies to build something on it. Of course go mine, chop wood, dig dirt, sand etc. and gather them, but if you have something to start with, thats only better.
Curious, I never found the "Ban Appeal Format" difficult to find...
^ lol so true (:
ModernDragoness wrote:
Curious, I never found the "Ban Appeal Format" difficult to find...

You are a mod+ and staff manager... you have experiance with forums, i presume.

A lot of people dont and when join the server are thrown straight into the whole forums aspect of it all. If you are new to forums, then it wouldnt be as easy to find as you or I could find it.
i know 6 people in real life that are on minetown (me included) and only me and one of the others would know how to make a ban appeal (havent had a reason yet) without me telling them how to. just saying. and yet only one of them have been banned. i think its a common problem for those who arent talking english all the time, and who arent used to this kind of forum.
It's a sticky thread that you see when you click on "ban appeal forums"

You see multiple threads with how-to's and such

Idk why it's so hard for people to pay attention.