Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Format, Wtf is that?
Started by [E] GACKT

Fettuccini wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
It is true that what nemenix said about the steal traps these traps are really tricky

Which part is tricky? The signs surrounding the chest that say "GRIEF TRAP DO NOT STEAL", or the signs surrounding the chest that say "IF YOU STEAL YOU WILL BE BANNED"?

Why Would there even be a grief trap?

Its just getting players a feeling like .... OOOOOOO SHIT if i steal i might get banned but maby i will get away with it ...

Such a trap isnt even necesary in here

you only make the amoun of bans higher ....

Why not ban the ppl that steal from acctually people their NON TRAP chests....

I think the grief traps are a kind of luring ....

If you dont want ppl to steal

DONT MAKE A FREAKING steal/grief trap....

Dawh
I understand it can be "sad" that some not-so-smart people are contacting random people to get support with their ban appeal... but I don't think there is anything to gain by making the ban appeals more idiot friendly.

Unless anyone comes with a very good suggestion to counter "this issue", the current ban appeal system is alright in my opinion.

Cya
sawine wrote:
I understand it can be "sad" that some not-so-smart people are contacting random people to get support with their ban appeal... but I don't think there is anything to gain by making the ban appeals more idiot friendly.

Unless anyone comes with a very good suggestion to counter "this issue", the current ban appeal system is alright in my opinion.

Cya

then i have a question for you sawine

What are your thoughts about grief traps
I dont think people are saying there is a fault in the ban appeal system. There saying that people dont know how to make an appeal because when they make there thread saying 'Can i be unbanned, im sorry etc...' and a mod replies 'Do this in proper format' they mightnt know what the proper format is, or where to find it. Obviously it would be a select few who wouldnt be able to find it anyways..
To those saying new people have a hard time navigating forums. Try this on for size:

Why the hell are you banned? I don't know... maybe because you broke the rules, which you agreed NOT to break by applying for this server? The ban appeal section shouldn't exist at all. Why does it exist? Because idiots break the rules all the time. They ignore them. Why bother making it more "idiot friendly," like Sawine said, if they won't even bother to follow the rules they AGREED to follow?

EDIT: They know they have to make a thread for a ban appeal. They click forums for it. They can see "ban appeals" on the forum page. They click on that. Third one down, ban appeal format. OMG! I did it mommy, I was able to pull my pull-ups up. It's not that hard to follow common sense. I find it hard to believe that everyone banned has autism or any other common sense impairing disorder.
sawine wrote:

Cya

If this is possible with enjin, we could have the banned player have a pop-up window with the appeal format when you click to create a new thread under ban appeals.
dunsjohn wrote:
To those saying new people have a hard time navigating forums. Try this on for size:

Why the hell are you banned? I don't know... maybe because you broke the rules, which you agreed NOT to break by applying for this server? The ban appeal section shouldn't exist at all. Why does it exist? Because idiots break the rules all the time. They ignore them. Why bother making it more "idiot friendly," like Sawine said, if they won't even bother to follow the rules they AGREED to follow?

EDIT: They know they have to make a thread for a ban appeal. They click forums for it. They can see "ban appeals" on the forum page. They click on that. Third one down, ban appeal format. OMG! I did it mommy, I was able to pull my pull-ups up. It's not that hard to follow common sense. I find it hard to believe that everyone banned has autism or any other common sense impairing disorder.

I find that piece very disturbing ...
ikailaz wrote:
Fettuccini wrote:
ikailaz wrote:
It is true that what nemenix said about the steal traps these traps are really tricky

Which part is tricky? The signs surrounding the chest that say "GRIEF TRAP DO NOT STEAL", or the signs surrounding the chest that say "IF YOU STEAL YOU WILL BE BANNED"?

Why Would there even be a grief trap?

Its just getting players a feeling like .... OOOOOOO SHIT if i steal i might get banned but maby i will get away with it ...

Such a trap isnt even necesary in here

you only make the amoun of bans higher ....

Why not ban the ppl that steal from acctually people their NON TRAP chests....

I think the grief traps are a kind of luring ....

If you dont want ppl to steal

DONT MAKE A FREAKING steal/grief trap....

Dawh

Grief traps are made to more actively catch people with a blatant disregard for the rules. If they are arrogant/stupid enough to steal from a chest that is OBVIOUSLY monitored by staff, then they are more than willing to steal from other players first chance they get. With how well the traps are marked, this is EVEN LESS sneaky than just leaving an unlocked chest in your own house, which is obviously not sneaky.

As for banning people who steal from non-trap chests: Seriously? Have you even glanced at the ban appeals section before? Probably 80% of the appeals in there are for EXACTLY that.

Grief traps only get people banned who would inevitably be banned for stealing anyway. This just save some would-be unlucky player from being dragged into by being stolen from.
@ikailaz

...Why are you mad over traps ? I don't get your point here...

It just get rid of the weed faster... ... trap thieves are usually the top end of not-so-smart people...
ikailaz wrote:
I find that piece very disturbing ...

Why is it disturbing? Autism is well known for it's common sense impairment. I highly doubt those whom are banned all have such or anything else that destroys their ability to tell right from wrong, as well as destroys their ability to read and understand. The average person (of literate countries) is able to read and understand their language. Considering this is a mainly English server (application and rules are in English, so they at least need understanding for those), I don't see why they are unable to make a proper ban appeal.