Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Cyber Bullying Video
Started by [E] Sayomie

Ghostass wrote:
i really still dont see how it was bullying. i can see where oki was in the wrong in not banning him...and idk who else has ban rights on mumble, but them too if they were on...i can see why arv maybe gets punished since he went off the most and was the closest to bullying...but honestly, it was more a telling off than a bullying. and lucy temp ban for laughing? i woulda been laughing too if i heard this...its just so ridiculous...that and lucy's laugh would have made me laught....oh wells. whats done is done i gotta stop in these threads lol

If you read my post, I explained that a few years after I graduated high school, other students I knew still there were expelled from the entire district for making a Wikipedia page saying that "this person is gay." This was done with the person's name. The situation I described from this school is a lesser offence than what happened here.
Ghostass wrote:
im on the side that says this isnt cyber bullying, i think the punishment was harsh but cant change it, and i think that cookies arent the same without macadamia nuts in them. thats what side im on.

ah ok it sounded like you were disagreeing with me. I too like the nuts in mah cookies.
Cyber bullying, like normal bullying, has a range of severity. This falls within that range.... Where it stands EXACTLY, is debatable, but this is a form of cyberbullying.
WE LOVE MINETOWN!!!!! <3
I don't debate that there were element of bullying in this recording.

However, as I have maintained this whole time - If you provoke people enough, you put a target on you back.

While I don't condone what happened - YES I should have left the channel instead of chiming in with a random giggle.

How do I put this?

Don't poke a bull in the nuts

Don't put your finger in an ants nest

Don't stuck your head in a bee's hive

Yes is should have been dealt with better, but wasn't and it's a shame.
dunsjohn wrote:
Ghostass wrote:
i really still dont see how it was bullying. i can see where oki was in the wrong in not banning him...and idk who else has ban rights on mumble, but them too if they were on...i can see why arv maybe gets punished since he went off the most and was the closest to bullying...but honestly, it was more a telling off than a bullying. and lucy temp ban for laughing? i woulda been laughing too if i heard this...its just so ridiculous...that and lucy's laugh would have made me laught....oh wells. whats done is done i gotta stop in these threads lol

If you read my post, I explained that a few years after I graduated high school, other students I knew still there were expelled from the entire district for making a Wikipedia page saying that "this person is gay." This was done with the person's name. The situation I described from this school is a lesser offence than what happened here.

completely different situation. that is just cruel - whether said person was gay or not.
iSoccerplayer wrote:
Cyber bullying, like normal bullying, has a range of severity. This falls within that range.... Where it stands EXACTLY, is debatable, but this is a form of cyberbullying.

tomatoe tomato - you say cyber bullying, i say taking out the trash with a vengeance <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

lol but no i guess i see what you mean. I still dont think it was bullying, but its close enough to fall under the same category for sure :\
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
If you repeatedly poke a bull in the nuts enough, its going to poke you back.

lucy said it better in a different thread lolol
iSoccerplayer wrote:
rokitchikin wrote:
wow thats it?!?!???! thats BS. cyber bullying is a made up term and even if i were to accept it as a real one that seriously falls short of any cyber bullying case ive seen read or heard. Oki did say he was banning him from mumble.

While I recognise that the younger generation does not yet recognise the consequences of bullying, the fact that cyber bullying is recognised as a crime and can have legal consequences would show that it is in fact not made up.
cy·ber·bul·ly·ing noun \ˈsī-bər-ˌbu̇-lē-iŋ, -ˈbə-\

Definition of CYBERBULLYING

: the electronic posting of mean-spirited messages about a person (as a student) often done anonymously

Seems to be a real word.

Also, if he would have simply banned him, and move on, as it should be, the situation would have NEVER happened. Its the fact he went out of his way, to be immature, and Cyberbully Cauldweller.

It's real, but it's one of those umbrella, catch all, vague, "butt-hurt" terms used by parents of children who are probably wankers to begin with. I'd be okay with it during the very are occasion the bullying is unwarrented and extreme. The term was mainly made up as a result of star wars kid's civil case against his peers... Because he shot a video of himself in the school A/V room, left the video in the camera, and it was promptly found and posted online; as we'd all expect to happen to anyone in that situation.

From that moment on, anything anyone said online that was hurtful to anyone was cyberbullying... Regardless of how much they may have been asking for it.
ModernDragoness wrote:
The lack of sympathy expressed is disturbing...as is the lack of personal responsibility. Being on the internet doesn't give people a "guilt free card" to forgetting how to treat other people right.

Where is the personal responsibility indeed, cauldweller was free to leave the room at any time. Instead he chose to sit there, record the video, and not record what he was saying to them.

I will be the first to admit I lack a lot of sympathy for people, it's not because I'm a bad person, I'm just realistic and see no point in exhausting myself on the woes of people who are undeserving. In addition, I believe in cause-and-effect, if someone is intentionally causing a disturbance then they are clearly fair game for relentless "guilt free" insult... If for no other reason than my own amusement of the situation.

Honestly if he did get his little feelings hurt at any point of that sad and tame excuse of bullying (guarantee he didn't) then he has only learned a lesson in social interaction. "I even told you to practically go kill yourself" and "Piss off" were the harshest words, I don't know what kids are like in school anymore but back when I was in school, that wouldn't even warrant a second thought.
TheBadFox wrote:
iSoccerplayer wrote:
rokitchikin wrote:
wow thats it?!?!???! thats BS. cyber bullying is a made up term and even if i were to accept it as a real one that seriously falls short of any cyber bullying case ive seen read or heard. Oki did say he was banning him from mumble.

While I recognise that the younger generation does not yet recognise the consequences of bullying, the fact that cyber bullying is recognised as a crime and can have legal consequences would show that it is in fact not made up.
cy·ber·bul·ly·ing noun \ˈsī-bər-ˌbu̇-lē-iŋ, -ˈbə-\

Definition of CYBERBULLYING

: the electronic posting of mean-spirited messages about a person (as a student) often done anonymously

Seems to be a real word.

Also, if he would have simply banned him, and move on, as it should be, the situation would have NEVER happened. Its the fact he went out of his way, to be immature, and Cyberbully Cauldweller.

It's real, but it's one of those umbrella, catch all, vague, "butt-hurt" terms used by parents of children who are probably wankers to begin with. I'd be okay with it during the very are occasion the bullying is unwarrented and extreme. The term was mainly made up as a result of star wars kid's civil case against his peers... Because he shot a video of himself in the school A/V room, left the video in the camera, and it was promptly found and posted online; as we'd all expect to happen to anyone in that situation.

From that moment on, anything anyone said online that was hurtful to anyone was cyberbullying... Regardless of how much they may have been asking for it.
ModernDragoness wrote:
The lack of sympathy expressed is disturbing...as is the lack of personal responsibility. Being on the internet doesn't give people a "guilt free card" to forgetting how to treat other people right.

Where is the personal responsibility indeed, cauldweller was free to leave the room at any time. Instead he chose to sit there, record the video, and not record what he was saying to them.

I will be the first to admit I lack a lot of sympathy for people, it's not because I'm a bad person, I'm just realistic and see no point in exhausting myself on the woes of people who are undeserving. In addition, I believe in cause-and-effect, if someone is intentionally causing a disturbance then they are clearly fair game for relentless "guilt free" insult... If for no other reason than my own amusement of the situation.

Honestly if he did get his little feelings hurt at any point of that sad and tame excuse of bullying then he has only learned a lesson in social interaction.

100% concurrence from me my friend.
Ugh, this has blown up too. I am locking this. Please refrain from making comments that don't really help the argument at all.