Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Cyber Bullying Video
Started by [E] Sayomie

If someone seriously lets an anonymous person get to them that much they have a lot of other deeper issues.
LucyLooseLegs wrote:
I have an epic laugh. Wanna fight about it?

lawl no but i wanna get on mumble more so i can hear it cuz it geeks me the eff out <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I'm mumble banned - sad face.
rokitchikin wrote:
If someone seriously lets an anonymous person get to them that much they have a lot of other deeper issues.

which is exactly the problem. you never know what someone you are making fun of online has going on in their life, so the things you say could be being said to them IRL or some shit who knows, you dont....so why would you do it?

edit: Sad Face Indeed <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
That's basically one of the worst definitions that you could use to try and support your argument iSoccer.

Cyberbullying is the use of the Internet and related technologies to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner

Much better. I don't think this situation fits that definition at all.
rokitchikin wrote:

That could also be said for both sides in this situation.
Lucy, in my opinion instead of the laugh, you could have guided Oki and Arv into not doing what they ended up doing. This is just my opinion, though, about the situation and not about you personally.

As to the others (Oki and Arv): Arv did the right thing, and is a righteous man. Yes, he screwed up and went too far with his words. However, we are all entitled to our opinions, so long as we can control how they are put out. Arv realized this (from what I've seen of his leaving statements) and has apologized. This is why Arv is a good person, at the end of the situation. However, I cannot condone the actions taken (personally, I mean). As to Oki, he went along with Arv while still being a staff member. As soccer stated in another post, staff must be the example of Minetown. In my opinion, Oki should have maybe a one month ban (because cyber bullying is a no) and removed from staff, however with that you take the chance of another caudweller appearing. That's not a literal statement, for those that don't know. What I mean is... there's always people we don't like in this world. Heck, there's people at my university that hate my guts and attempt to verbally bully me daily. What do I do? I just deal with the situation in a respectable manner. I ignore them. If they become too persistent, I report them to the dean of agriculture (our college at our university).

As to everyone claiming that cauldweller purposefully did this to get them banned. We can't say for sure, as he/she hasn't given their opinion yet. In addition, we can't say that his/her words are true, either. One thing is true, though. Cyber bullying did happen. For those of you who think that didn't happen, here's what happened at my high school to some kids after I graduated (roughly 2 years after I graduated, I think). They made a Wikipedia page saying someone is gay... they got expelled from the school district for cyber bullying. Telling someone to go die (or implying such) is far worse than saying "You're gay."

Overall, I do think this situation was handled appropriately for everyone's actions, or lack of action. I do, however, believe 7 day ban is excessive for Lucy, and believe 5 days is appropriate for her lack of action (if that is indeed the cause of her temp ban). Again, Lucy I mean no offense. This opinion is formulated based on the situation, not about you as a person. I still believe you to be an awesome person, just that your part in this situation was handled wrongly.

Again, these are a collection of my opinions. They are not stated facts (well, what was said in the video that I mentioned is fact, but everything else is opinion). As I recall, we're all entitled to opinions (saying this so people don't go saying "You're wrong," when in fact I am not wrong. These are my thoughts, and I've put them into words to share with everyone). I was as respectful as I could be. My hope is that further posts can be a little more respectful, due to the fact that I see many posts that are not respectful and seem a little demanding.
sayomie wrote:
While I recognise that the younger generation does not yet recognise the consequences of bullying, the fact that cyber bullying is recognised as a crime and can have legal consequences would show that it is in fact not made up.

Just because it is a law does not mean that the term itself is not a little absurd. There have plenty of laws that have been made that are completely useless and in the end only cause more issues than they solve. We are facilitating a weak species.
exactly, if you go out of your way to actually bully someone online, u have issues to.

i dont think that if dude went and killed himself that night, that oki would be put in jail for cyber bullying though, as he didnt actually ever tell him to off himself
sayomie wrote:
rokitchikin wrote:

That could also be said for both sides in this situation.

I dont think it does. It didnt sound to me like they were going to go in a corner and cry because of what cauldweller was doing.