Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Too easy to be banned?
Started by [E] BeaSTWiTHiN

Lets be honest with ourselves, nobody actually reads and memorizes the rules word-by-word. It's like fine print.

What should be done is rap them on the knuckles and send them on their way, then save perma bans for repeated infractions. Straight off the mark "Shouldn't have appealed, perma" is terrible.
JELLYJAMJAR wrote:
Lets be honest with ourselves, nobody actually reads and memorizes the rules word-by-word. It's like fine print.

What should be done is rap them on the knuckles and send them on their way, then save perma bans for repeated infractions. Straight off the mark "Shouldn't have appealed, perma" is terrible.

We may not need to memorize the rules word-by-word.

Personally, I've only looked at the rules once when I signed up.

Haven't been banned once.

I use my own special set of rules :

Common sense and the ability to ask staff.
Not sure why players are worrying about being banned...

Something not yours? Dont touch it

It feels wrong? Dont do it

Unsure of something? Ask staff in a pe, over forums or by a message

Simples <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> x
This thread sounds something like this:

James: "Mum why am I grounded? I only borrowed the car without your permission WTF meng"

Mum: "STFU kid you know teh rulez"

EDIT:

James: "WTF I know I wasn't supposed to do it, but I did teh dishes last week, I should be IMMUNE"

Mum: "Dishes or not, you scratched mah bumper up good *Smashes his Xbox* If you can't follow my rules them GTFO outta mah house"
If you arent 100% sure you are allowed to touch it, dont until you ask.

seems pretty simple to me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
Lets say you where to take from a chest but you felt guilty about it so before you get banned you would admit it to a mod or admin and ask them to put it back the way it was and say sorry to the person, would that result in a permenant ban or jail or a temp ban?

I mean its more honest and better to do that then take the items and keep them while saying MWAHAHAHA until you get banned.
Honesty will most likely get you unbanned, unless you've committed a serious offence. Being honest saves the mods doing work investigating the issue, and it also shows you are a truthful member of the community, giving you unban points anyway.

The mods WILL know if you have done anything serious, meaning there is absolutely no point in making lies, stories or excuses. If you do get banned, tell the truth and accept your punishment with grace. (and make a detailed appeal in the proper format, PLEASE! :banghead: )

Also, you might want to know this. Don't say "Yarp."
So if you get in a Drunk driving wreck and you kill someone even if it was an accident, you still know the rules of driving and you still killed someone no matter how you look at it... also isn't it obvious that because you've killed someone, you've committed a crime? obviously vehicular manslaughter and breaking a rule in a video game is extremely different in terms of the effect on human life, but the thing is before you get in that car that has the potential of doing something wrong, dangerous, or stupid you better know the rules before you start driving that car because a policeman or a "moderator" isn't going to care if they hear "it was an accident i didn't know the rules" its their job to penalize you according to what the laws/rules say. (again I know that one is an extreme, but it's a valid and true reality).
Jack_flacket that is called involuntary man slaughter.. you do not get the death penalty if that happens now do you. The death penalty is like the ban hammer its for serious problems not small things like SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM ANNOYING A MOD ANNOYING MOD CONSTANT PE SPAM like a little troll.
XD the banhammer wouldnt be compared to the death penalty.