Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Too easy to be banned?
Started by [E] BeaSTWiTHiN

nick7269 once said:

the rules are like the bible.

no one read them but everyone accept them.

those few who read them stay for a very long time

- ive read them. ive been here for a year now.
Ok..Yeah, You Can Use/ Make Hacked Clients For Minecraft...And To Be Banned, You Have To Dupe, Be Majorly Disrespectful, Grief/steal, Harass members/ staff, Or Just Be Plain Rude....Etc... But Yeah...It's A Great Server To Be On...And I'm Not Saying That Because I Am A Mod, I Say That Because It's True! Alot Of People Will Say It Has Changed Alot...But Thats Because A Year Ago When I Joined, Our Max Population Was Like 50-60...now 150+ So...Rules Are A Bit More enforced But We Still Give Players Second Chances And such For Minor Mistakes...So Yeah, just Follow Rules And Get Along With People...So Go Out There And Make Some Awesome Friends And Build A Dirt House...lolol But Seriously, Have fun
Ever stop and think that maybe we have the longest ban list is because we have one of the longest running servers?
id say the reason that the banlist is so big is that so many people use this server over others. oh... and there are jerks everywhere who just try to screw with people.
BeaSTWiTHiN wrote:
As a GM (Game Moderator) in past WoW Private Servers

^Not a sandbox game.

The unlimited possibilities of Minecraft also allow for unlimited ways a user can cheat or ruin/degrade the game for others.

And see what Oki said above me concerning the life of server vs ban list size.

There is just no comparison. Welcome to Minecraft, and hopefully Minetown <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Its fairly simple, read the server rules and just use your common sense. If you can handle those simple things getting banned is like impossible.
First off, insight*, incite means to urge or persuade someone to act in a violent way.

Minetown has such a long banlist because, like Oki said, it has been running for a long time.

But, we also have a lot of rule breakers who like to screw around, which in turn gets them banned!

It's quite simple. Follow the rules, and you won't get banned.
Just give my personal opinion...no offence

Actually I am not against ban. however, no one is born perfect, but we try to be perfect....some negligence is always probably appear.

For donate member, they donate the money to support the server, if they wrong.....they should be punished, but a donator got a permanent ban I personally feel a bit weird. Possible to change the punishment of the donator maybe like 2 weeks jail (which i think is a pretty long, because you gonna on and join the server and do nothing for 2 weeks...it's a long boredom and it's about 336 hours)... if 1 days u use 2 hours just login and jail..it takes you nearly 6 months to finish the 336 hours.

Really, I been jail for an hour before because of I "post on other people ban appeal"...yeah...really I really cant remember all the rules every time i play...and I tried to remember and never grief. The an hour jail is really bored me dead...

Guess wat? whenever I play in minetown now....I tend try to talk less (scare making any mistake and got ban or jail), try to get less interaction and less friend...it's really do becomes a tension playing now....And it's like someone hiding in a jungle of nowhere.....pretty lonely....and sometime feel there's no different playing single and multiplayer.

Yeah...rules is rules, i do understand.......I am just express my experience. Hope Mod/admin probably can revise the punishment. really...a 1 week or 2 week jail is really torture a player already...
Nickuru wrote:
Its fairly simple, read the server rules and just use your common sense. If you can handle those simple things getting banned is like impossible.

Trust me, a link to the server rules doesn't mean the person read's it too. So am i right saying you do? Its just the same.. The application form should have the rules in it with questions about it. That makes them read and makes them even aware of it. In my opinion, this will drop the people getting banned for rule breaking.
&Tau;&Sigma;&Omicron;&Kappa;&Omicron;&trade; wrote:
But Thats Because A Year Ago When I Joined, Our Max Population Was Like 50-60...now 150+

I'm sorry but i haven't seen that for a while.. Normally at my time 5pm, like now (GMT+1), it was supposed to be 80 people.. There arent even 30 online as speaking of now.
Another thing....dont forget the player age range from kids to adult....