Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Too easy to be banned?
Started by [E] BeaSTWiTHiN

That should not make difference if you put the rules into the application. You are better warned than, than when you post a link to the rules.
Nem... than and then are not the same word.

It's really not so taxing, if the person doesn't read the rules, then they simply aren't going to read the rules. It doesn't matter how they're referenced to them... So they'd end up getting banned anyway because they skimmed the rules like a license agreement.
Nemenix wrote:
Nickuru wrote:
Its fairly simple, read the server rules and just use your common sense. If you can handle those simple things getting banned is like impossible.

Trust me, a link to the server rules doesn't mean the person read's it too. So am i right saying you do? Its just the same.. The application form should have the rules in it with questions about it. That makes them read and makes them even aware of it. In my opinion, this will drop the people getting banned for rule breaking.
ΤΣΟΚΟ™ wrote:
But Thats Because A Year Ago When I Joined, Our Max Population Was Like 50-60...now 150+

I'm sorry but i haven't seen that for a while.. Normally at my time 5pm, like now (GMT+1), it was supposed to be 80 people.. There arent even 30 online as speaking of now.

Nem, a lot of people updated. The server population tends to go down until we update, from what I've heard.
simworld wrote:
Just give my personal opinion...no offence

Actually I am not against ban. however, no one is born perfect, but we try to be perfect....some negligence is always probably appear.

For donate member, they donate the money to support the server, if they wrong.....they should be punished, but a donator got a permanent ban I personally feel a bit weird. Possible to change the punishment of the donator maybe like 2 weeks jail (which i think is a pretty long, because you gonna on and join the server and do nothing for 2 weeks...it's a long boredom and it's about 336 hours)... if 1 days u use 2 hours just login and jail..it takes you nearly 6 months to finish the 336 hours.

Really, I been jail for an hour before because of I "post on other people ban appeal"...yeah...really I really cant remember all the rules every time i play...and I tried to remember and never grief. The an hour jail is really bored me dead...

Guess wat? whenever I play in minetown now....I tend try to talk less (scare making any mistake and got ban or jail), try to get less interaction and less friend...it's really do becomes a tension playing now....And it's like someone hiding in a jungle of nowhere.....pretty lonely....and sometime feel there's no different playing single and multiplayer.

Yeah...rules is rules, i do understand.......I am just express my experience. Hope Mod/admin probably can revise the punishment. really...a 1 week or 2 week jail is really torture a player already...

Just because a person donates, doesn't mean they get a less harsh punishment. Donators are not customers, they are just that - donators. And before you argue that they buy perks, therefore they are customers, let me just point out that it says on the donation page that you are not buying perks, you are receiving perks as a thank you for donating money to our server. Being a donator doesn't mean you are above the rules or will get special treatment. If you break the rules, quite frankly it's your own damn fault for breaking them. It's not our problem if you're a $5, $50, or even $4000 donator....we treat everybody equally.
90% of bans we issue are temporary as a lesson to teach the players to follow rules. Permabans are from serious offenses that we have solid proof from (such as duping, Xray, hacked clients, or Major Griefs/Thefts or multiple bans from smaller reasons). We do a lot of kicks and bans to keep the community from turning to hell. Some days it may seem like we ban a lot, but you also cannot see all the No-Cheat messages we get from players (usually brand new players that are still guest or just were accepted) breaking rules in-game.

The channel mute/kicks are from people abusing the channel use rules or spamming. These are rarely permanent unless they blow up and cause havoc for the rest of the community.

So long as you pay attention to the main server rules and are respectful to the staff and community and dont grief anything...its actually pretty hard to get banned...
Zionia wrote:
...its actually pretty hard to get banned...

Explaining why I haven't been banned yet <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
i can fix that for ya <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
If its so easy to be banned...why haven't I been banned, considering i've been here since Cody was still owner. I've seen old friends like Richard and Crial be banned for what they did. If you just don't cause any trouble, you won't get banned...
Natedog85137 wrote:
If its so easy to be banned...why haven't I been banned, considering i've been here since Cody was still owner. I've seen old friends like Richard and Crial be banned for what they did. If you just don't cause any trouble, you won't get banned...

I'm surprised I'm still around as well Nate, how the staff is now...But it's completely understandable, we aren't the same trouble causing trolls that we use to be, because ether everyone left or got banned. I honestly don't want to meet new members, because honestly they aren't very interesting people.

I only like the original staff, when I say original I mean sawine's original staff, I can't remember all the mods and admins from when Cody was around.
I dislike people who don't read the rules as much as the next guy (depending on... who the next guy is :eek: ), there are so many people who can't be bothered to read a page on what not to do, and they end up getting banned and posting with improper appeal format, and the hilarious excuse "I didn't know that was against the rules", "No one told me", et cetera.

If you read the rules, and stick to them, there's little chance you'll ever get banned. And if you do get banned after doing all that... blame Jallaf.