Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Too easy to be banned?
Started by [E] BeaSTWiTHiN

Believe it or not kids, Jallaf was once a trollin' trouble maker on the server and look at him now!
GACK† wrote:
Believe it or not kids, Jallaf was once a trollin' trouble maker on the server and look at him now!

I dont see a difference...
Yeah that statement bemused me a little too, I must confess...
In all honesty i do have to agree that the Mods have been doing most of the recent banning and some of the bans were a little how do i put this without offending mods "Debatable" the recent people who have been banned for certain reason's really deserve it but for the past few i have read like the Watermelon shaft being taken but all a complete mistake really kinda of showed me how some of the mods (Yes i am speaking on a specific group) can be very harsh and rule binding. Some of the rules have been less implemented, but with recent happenings the mods have gone a little overboard on some of them. Hence the reason why i kinda of just walked away from minetown other then the forums i dont wanna get on and see "HAY YOU'VE BEEN BANNED BITCH" for no apparent reason. I will be back on though later some time.
If you are banned, there is ALWAYS a reason for it. We cannot ban people for simple things, they will only get jail. BUT, if you do something, duping, griefing, etc, WE WILL BAN YOU!

Play the right way, and you won't be banned. If you go out of your way to do something bad, you can kiss this server goodbye.
I was wrongly jailed because of a claim another person made.

The mod did not even bother to check whether or not the claim was true and jailed me.

The mod defended her position by saying that I never refuted the claim, but I actually did. It was the third post on the thread...

Although I still believe that people are overreacting to many of the recent bans, I want to point out that the mods have been short with many players.
Watch out for them mods and admins man, That Sayomie fella is a real thug huhuhuhud6sg4jpg.png
Im not criticising all the mods in this post but i feel that in some situation the ban command is used over mute or kick or even jail.

I think that the jail, mute and kick command should be used in most situations before a ban
This is simple. We have rules.

General Rules

1. Be Considerate of Other Players

* Ask before entering someone's area; leave if told to

* Do not troll, bully, or otherwise harass people

2. Be Respectful to Staff

* Use the available methods (petitions, forums, site messages) to request help

* Do not demand/beg for staff to do things for you

* Do not ask for Ranking/OP

* Do not interfere with staff duties

3. Use Chat Appropriately

* Use regular case or title case, not all capitals

* Refrain from explicit language and "1337 sp34k"

* For general talk, use the global channel.

* Use /msg for private conversations

* Use other channels as intended

* No spamming of any type

4. Follow Building Guidelines

* Do not make one-block wide towers or holes

* Do not build right next to spawn without permission

* Do not build close to someone else's construction unless you have their approval

5. Do not use hacks/cheats or exploit glitches, including (but not limited to)

* Any method of duplication

* Using "x-ray" mods/texture packs

* Flying

* Speed hacks

* Exploiting game glitches

* Using a cheat client

* Using any scripts which allow for cheating

* Accepting inappropriately obtained items

6. Absolutely no advertising of other servers

Account Rules

1. It is your job to keep your account secure

2. Anything done on your account, regardless of who is/was playing, you are responsible for

3. Refrain from having an explicit user skin

Donator Rules

1. Donators are expected to follow rules as well

2. Donation privileges may be adjusted at any point

3. Donations are non-refundable

World-Specific Rules

* Griefing is anything that is destructive to the work another player has done, whether taking materials or placing them. Creating a player death trap is also considered griefing.

* In PVP-allowed situations, you may keep items dropped by a player you killed.

1. Main World

* Griefing/Stealing is not allowed

* PVP is optional

2. Nether World

* Griefing/Stealing is allowed

* PVP is enabled

3. End World

* PVP is enabled

4. War World/Castle Seige

* PVP is enabled

5. Other Worlds

* Observe public announcements for information

Forum Rules

1. Familiarize yourself with the search function

2. Use the most appropriate board for your post topic

3. Use proper language

4. Do not post on Ban Appeals unless you're the banned person or have relevant details to the situation.

Voice Chat Rules

1. Try to be in the correct channel for what you want to converse about

2. Do not be a nuisance to other users

3. Do not come on just to demand staff do things for you

4. Refrain from explicit language

It cannot be emphasized enough that if it's your name connected to a rule-break, it doesn't matter who really was playing on your account, you are responsible! The best defense against getting banned is following the rules and not allowing others to access your account.

This is the second time I have posted the rules in a thread.

IF YOU BREAK THESE RULES YOU CAN BE BANNED.

If you do not break these rules, you will not be banned. This is pretty simple.
Lom, this isn't about the rules. Everyone knows there are rules. It's more how dire the consequences are, and how half the time you don't even allow a second chance.

Also, I reckon no swearing whatsoever is stupid. I mean, it's the internet and people are going to holler out obscene things all the time, and putting a filter is just annoying. The server is turning a might too "Child friendly" for my liking.