Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] For the love of God reset the Nether.
Started by [E] Osmosis

I think Wug makes a very valid point, why make the nether lawless, saying that your properties are to be made at your own risk, to only go back on that and refuse to reset the nether on the grounds that people have farms there?

And yes darth, there are many fortresses, the amount of UNTOUCHED fortresses is very different, however.
Quit being lazy.
I find it fascinating how different servers' staff have completely different worldviews on these things. While this server is highly conservative on the matter or resetting, Legendarycraft, for example, will wipe the server clean for every little thing. I don't get how they don't lose a ton of members because of it, honestly..
xgamer888 wrote:
Another question, regarding to Darth's post:
Darth Android wrote:
There's things you can do to keep a place safe from other players.

Being PVP is turned on, are we allowed to create traps for people to defend our farms against looters?

As best I understand, Yes, so long as you're not actively luring players into them without warning. This may or may not be the case for the overworld.
I once found a wonderful place that has a ton of soulsand, glowstone, nether fortresses, and 1 blaze spawner. I found this place recently but I already mined everything I could though. It was very far and almost took the 2 hour trip. I say do not reset the nether because it still has many excellent places in it. You lazy folks just got to explore more. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
fu
TPrezzle wrote:
fu

I'm not exactly sure what constructive comment you were trying to make here. I understand you're not getting your way with this thread, but is it necessary to attack other players providing empirical evidence for one side of the debate at hand?
TPrezzle wrote:
Oh right, I'm not going to argue though.

I'll just have to keep looking, as I have been doing for quite a while now.

Tell me though, why not?

Cos people have large secret farms and if you reset it he price or netherwart will skyrocket as people cannot f,arm it..
TPrezzle wrote:
I think Wug makes a very valid point, why make the nether lawless, saying that your properties are to be made at your own risk, to only go back on that and refuse to reset the nether on the grounds that people have farms there?

And yes darth, there are many fortresses, the amount of UNTOUCHED fortresses is very different, however.

These farms you speak of are not protected in any way. That doesn't mean staff should erase everyone's work just cause you can't find anything. Took me less then 30mins to find an untouched netherfort. Now im so far out that every fort is brand new!

I love the fact the nether is lawless. The nether shouldn't just be a free farm where you protect a large area and your good to go.

You have two choices put some effort into the nether or stay out. Staff have already stated they will not reset the nether.
Ya its easy to find an untouched nether fortress, as it is blaze spawners are already dirt cheap if you reset the nether it will only further decrease the value of them