Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] For the love of God reset the Nether.
Started by [E] Osmosis

Basically, the nether has been stripped of 99% of anything worthwhile for thousands of blocks around. This includes fortresses, soulsand and glowstone. 'Wug' said that he had to spend hours walking 6000 block to find anything worthwhile, such as spawners.

The whole place is an absolute mess. What is the point of keeping it if all valuable resources have been removed?

PLEASE reset it, no point going there if we can't get anything useful from it.
This sounds good! Im voting for it!
Keep walking, you will find stuff. Not all of the nether has been explored.

We've had multiple requests for it, and the answer is still no, the nether will not be reset.
7zHvt.jpg

Doesn't look stripped to me.
The nether has a 11000 border on it ( The same as the main world ) We may look into redoing and increasing the size of the spawn area in the future though
The nether is still quite full of valuable resources, well within the first couple thousand blocks of spawn. Don't just walk in a straight line. Everyone has walked in a straight line. A straight line is not exploring. Explore the nether. A 1000x1000 block area has about 25 fortresses in it, and they are easy to find for those that look. There is glowstone everywhere, soulsand everywhere. Yes, it requires more work to acquire the resources than in a fresh nether, but I still wouldn't classify it as "hard".
Why would you not reset the nether? Everyone has to walk for hours to get anything. I've walked 3000 blocks without a fortress, everything's been stripped.

Dragoness, hilarious. You know full well what I'm talking about.
Oh right, I'm not going to argue though.

I'll just have to keep looking, as I have been doing for quite a while now.

Tell me though, why not?
Modern and I have gone on nether excursions and found plenty of untouched places.

Valuable resources are valuable because they are not easy to obtain.

There are still plenty of these resources in the nether, if you actually look in the right places.
I don't think you get it

Resetting the nether would take countless hours, the server has to be shut down in order to do this so every time we reset it, nobody would be able to play for a long time until it was done.