Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Nether Rules
Started by [E] sawine

From what i see, most of the people want at least one protection, which would be a good idea. Having a lawless nether has caused problems before and if we can get one protected region then the problems will probably go down
I think that too much protection in the nether kills it, but a no protection is fatal. What you need is some protection, to find a middle point...
No Rules. No Protections. PVP toggle is disabled; be ready for a fight everytime you go...

The simple thing is, is that it's Hell. Plain and simple. Where you must face your sins, and face endless torture and trial. There is no respite there. No Salvation. No Hope. No sanctuary. Just death; destruction and Hardship.

If we changed it into something else, past what it is now, it completely takes the point out of the nether.

I vote no; keep it as it is.
Since we're already allowing protections down there, there is no sense in going back and removing all of them.

Let people select 1 small area for protection, but otherwise it's "Hell" and everybody dies. No PvP toggle. That's how I voted. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
isoccerplayer wrote:
There has to be some happy medium, like maybe a public Wart, and blaze farm? The people that would want a pirate warp farm, could run off and try to find one that isn't protected, and do that.

The problem is these are supposed to be rare items. If we make them too easy to access it ruins the original gameplay concept. These are supposed to be hard to come by items.

I am not singling anyone out here but it seems people have forgotten the original intent of this game. Go into the world with nothing and make everything. Some things are supposed to be harder to get then others.
True, but a lot of us put effort into finding these things, and if the world is just clean picked of Spawners, and Nether Warts, were all screwed.

Thats essentially whats happening, with protections, and without protections. Thats why I said there has to be a happy medium.
My input: if the nether becomes what the guest worlds become, every one looking for a nether related item is screwed. it will be constant death, griefing, and theft, and no one will get anything useful. there has to be some kind of protection, or the nether is pretty much useless except for the scenery. on the other, hand, if anyone can get anything the find with no problem, then you're screwed again. somebody's going to get a monopoly eventually, and prices will still skyrocket. so, the best solution may be to have, I don't know, a nether shop or something? right at the entrance? so, you go in, and have the option to buy it at a relatively fair price. or, you can choose to go find what you want/need instead. not sure.... would this be overly complicated or impractical, etc.?
you should make a sexy nether like etho :3
So are we any closer to fixing this?

Erm

Nope!

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
So has this come to a conclusion now?

I don't want to make any new regions in the nether in case the rules change.