Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Nether Rules
Started by [E] sawine

My idea es numero uno, all your arguments are now null and void.
i personally am not a pvp player much at all, but i do go to the nether for resources regularly. Having the option of pvp on/off is where i would like it to go. As for regions, i would say any regions must be small areas (lot sized about 15x15x5 ish) and only 1 per person. This will prevent portal issues for the most part as a 15x15 area wont really take away a lot of area. This also helps keep the market up for the rare nether-only items as they can no longer be mass-farmed. Of course, netherforts will not be allowed to be protected as that is where the rare items are. This includes the blaze spawners. Having only one area will also make those who want to farm have to make a choise...wars or blazes (if they ever become mineable).

Any spawner under region protection should be removed. there are ways to protect a spawner without it being region protected and this ruins it for others who want to get themselves a few blaze rods.

Whatever the results of this decision, it looks like either a reset or a complete removal of all protections currently in the nether will be involved.
I could see a problem, with both sides:

If nothing was protected, I can GUARANTEE Blaze spawners would be griefed, and people would clean up all the nether warts, so it would make it hard to find anything.

If we can still protect things, same thing there. Most warts went into a protected area, and blaze spawners went protected as well.

There has to be some happy medium, like maybe a public Wart, and blaze farm? The people that would want a pirate warp farm, could run off and try to find one that isn't protected, and do that.

Im not sure how this is going to work out, but it seems to me like there has to be a happy middle ground.
sawine wrote:
OkiFool66 wrote:
Voting for first choice because the 1 protection per person is practically impossible to enforce

We could use a plugin that let them define their own region of a specified size by themselves.

but again.. that could lead to other problems...

People go to nether cuz of the netherwart , Any Plugin for Netherwart on Original world ?

Or maybe custom one ?
Problem with protection is all nether wart would be taken and none will be left for other people

That is the main problem

So, have small protections 1 per person And like 20x20x20 or something. Then sell nether warts in the admin shop so everyone can get them, but these must be at a rediculose price of corse!

Like 20 per wart. So now people can get nether seed and plant in protected area and grow small amounts. Plus

Spawners should be able to be protected (just the spawner) cos people can buy spawners from admin shop and change to blaze when plugin is updated.
LWC can be used to protect blaze spawners
I do not want the nether to be lawless. One, Nether Warts will absolutely SKYROCKET in price. Why? Because there are people who steal nether warts, and break blaze spawners. The nether is so small, it can only generate so many blaze spawners and warts. Also, I know people will use x ray packs, as I have been stolen from many times before I got land protected, and it was over 50 blocks underground and in the middle of nowhere. If people want smaller regions, I would go with the limited protection, but not only 1 per person. Mabye 2 or three because what if we have a blaze spawner somewhere else, and our nether wart farm on the other side of the world? One of two are not protected. I think PVP in the nether will lead to harassment, and more unnecessary fighting in minetown. I personally like the way the nether is right now. I think it is perfect. Protecting nether farms helps the materials to be extremely high. I do not really care if the warts go to a low price, because everything in minetown is underpriced. We already let people get 20 diamond a day just by voting. And the Nether world is not too small. Even though its 1/8 of the regular world, the regular world is still ABSOLUTELY HUGE. There was a rule that you couldnt build within 750 blocks of another person! I do not think we will run out of space. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but I think some *not all* of the people who voted in this poll were either trolling, or that they dont know what and how we do things in minetown. Thanks for reading.
My ideas:

1 no griefing

2no stealing

3 limited protections 3per person at a limit of 20x20x20

4 toggalable pvp in protected regions

Any other ideas welcome
if we make it lawless then it will turn out like the guest world

Lots o griefing and stealing

Nowhere safe

No chance of settlement.

And that shouldn't happen
The rules in the nether should be just like the overworld.