Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Nether Rules
Started by [E] sawine

This has Officially been determined?
Sawine, and anyone who reads this post, listen to me. People like James, and Lomanic say that these items are supposed to be "rare" and "almost unobtainable", but seriously. Sawine has made it so you can buy DIAMONDS for just voting on the site!!!

As far as i know, Diamonds are much harder to mine than to find nether wart and farm them! Also spawners! Finding a dungeon encased in stone, tens of blocks underneath stone is even harder to find than diamond, and a HUGE fortress! So i am EXTREMLY confused on why people are talking about inflation and making things "less rare", when we already have chests full of diamond blocks! It makes no sense!

Another point, Sawine has made enchanted items much less rare by letting us pick up mob spawners, AND giving us xp by simply breaking blocks. I hope you read this sawine, and if the desicion has been made against this, to please repeal the rule.

P.S. The nether shouldn't be "hell" when in my opinion makes the nether, and ultimately minetown less fun. Just because it looks or was meant to bee "hell", it does not always have to be what it looks like.
keoni108 wrote:
Sawine, and anyone who reads this post, listen to me. People like James, and Lomanic say that these items are supposed to be "rare" and "almost unobtainable", but seriously. Sawine has made it so you can buy DIAMONDS for just voting on the site!!!

As far as i know, Diamonds are much harder to mine than to find nether wart and farm them! Also spawners! Finding a dungeon encased in stone, tens of blocks underneath stone is even harder to find than diamond, and a HUGE fortress! So i am EXTREMLY confused on why people are talking about inflation and making things "less rare", when we already have chests full of diamond blocks! It makes no sense!

Another point, Sawine has made enchanted items much less rare by letting us pick up mob spawners, AND giving us xp by simply breaking blocks. I hope you read this sawine, and if the desicion has been made against this, to please repeal the rule.

P.S. The nether shouldn't be "hell" when in my opinion makes the nether, and ultimately minetown less fun. Just because it looks or was meant to bee "hell", it does not always have to be what it looks like.

I understand what you mean. However, you must know that diamonds, gold and xp are a form of currency on the server. If they'd be not buyable for credits, the whole market system would collapse. It's like only being able to pick up euros/dollars/pounds from the ground, and not withdraw them from your local bank. It simply wouldn't work.

I do agree though that being able to pickup spawners makes them more common and less exciting to discover. However, they supply the market very nice, making it possible for everyone to realize their projects. The stuff is there for sale, few shops are out of stock for a long time. All you need is the cash.

Yet I remain loyal to my first opinion, make the nether free for all: PvP forced, no protections and maybe a reset every now and then.

Or else the Nether and it's adventures would become too common and there wouldn't be no challenge exploring it.

This would lead to (more) boredom.

And this leads to less fun.

PS: I find it a good thing that we get credits that are convertible to diamonds by voting on the site. Sawine rewards us for our loyalty with the one thing we all cherish: DIMONDZ!!
If there is no protections and all pvp then it should be reset every month so we can get more nether wart

Then there is no need to farm it cos it is always restocked every month

But then con one can build in it...

Also

Is ther a plugin so you can exchange xp

If not could there be one
Bump

*btw Barney if you are going to reply to ANY forum post, or do any writing at all, you will sound much better if you use correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. People have smart ideas, but the way they put it on paper may make them sound like a dumbass. *not saying you are =)*
i like the reset once a month idea. keep it fresh <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Bump, closing poll in 24-48 hours.
See, i do not care if protections are removed, but i would like the nether to not be wiped because of the hard work that we have put into this project (me, Grifff, kai, pred, tibbs, if i'm forgetting someone else, then sorry). This is a big project in the nether and it is the only thing that is making us some money right now. If you could decide to not wipe the nether, that would be awesome.
Zdeath I know that is good for you but other people starting in the nether cannot find any nether wart because people like you have massive farms and take it all

So I still think if it is going to be lawless it should be wiped every month or so.

If it isn't I am not going to be happy!

(thanks koeni)
I approve of the reset as well once people are given the chance to claim their spawners and have a last chance to harvest their crop. Still think pvp should be optional on all worlds however. And lava killing as a no-no