Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Nether Rules
Started by [E] sawine

zdeathclock wrote:
It's just that i put that in there expecting it to not be wiped (since from what i know have it has never been before

Actually it has been wiped before. The old Nether was reset a while before we switched to 1.0.0, and then was reset again when we converted the server over. I lost a massive castle, and many items inside chests, but that's just the way it goes... it is a game.

It's not that big of a deal to lose your wart farm so long as you go collect all the wart before that happens. You can then continue to farm as you normally would, only you're going to have to be clever about it to avoid theft and monitor the farm daily. This adds an element of fun to the Nether which is sorely lacking atm.

The point in resetting the Nether once per month (at least, more like every week), is to prevent people from hoarding warts and spawners, and to give all players a chance at discovering live Nether ruins and not just empty husks.

Ask not "what is the best for me?," rather "what is the best for the maximum number of people?," and you will find the correct answer.

If we don't implement this Nether reset idea then there is basically no point in most new players entering the Nether, as everything worth going in there to collect is long gone due to greedy people who entered at an opportunistic time to thoroughly savage all the local resources.

Truth.

I know your massive wart farm is valuable to you, but is it valuable to everyone else? No.

EDIT: I love it! These days nearly everyone shouts for "revolution", "change," and "equality," but when it comes right down to it: "'Equality' is only good so long as I don't lose any of MY stuff!" <--lol? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Ace and I lost our faction castle, along with a double chest full of obsidian. But do you hear us moaning? #contradiction

I'm still vouching for a wipe every now and then.
Ok guys, what Is so magically golden about nether warts? Yea I get that they are used for potions, but what does that one potion magically do? Give you x ray vision? As a new guy on the server, I don't have a chancs to look for nether fortresses cuz Its all claimed.
I know the nether has been reset before DZ but the fact remains that resetting it every week will simply not work. It will no make it more fun, I'll have to sit in the nether every single moment on MineTown with my netherwarts for my potions which is where I get most of my money from.

Look, the nether plays a key part in the economy. BASIC economics. The prices will either plummet because when the server gets reset people will have a lot more to mine, or prices will inflate rapidly, especially netherwarts.

A good idea would be each user gets a small schematic that could be loaded up by worldedit. Either that or people pay for each block of nether they could buy. For example, a 200 x 200 x 200 limit could be set, then the user pays a certain amount for a 50x50x50 piece. 1 Diamond per 50x50x50 would be 4 diamond per week, loading the schematic to a location and setting a single warp there. This would solve all problems, except it would be problematic and labourious for admins / mod+'s (which, in my opinion, is why they don't want regions or warps in the nether anyway, because it's effort (even though it's minimal)
DarthZimmeris wrote:

****And please stop crying over spilled Nether wart! LOL! They're digital items! (Not real -- facepalm)

You've donated to something that's not real? Yet we're talking about the same thing. So, you donated so much to something that's so insignificant, why would you? My whole HOME and all my items and everything are in the nether. I practically live there.
zdeathclock wrote:

pred, there is no need to get mad, just state the facts. When you get mad at someone, if makes yourself look bad

I'm already minus 11 votes, at this point I couldn't care less. However I did go a bit crazy
Zionia wrote:
Pred, please restrain yourself from using offensive language. a good portion of our user base is below 18 and it is inappropriate.

I'm 16, by the way.
IbeChasengirls wrote:
Ok guys, what Is so magically golden about nether warts? Yea I get that they are used for potions, but what does that one potion magically do? Give you x ray vision? As a new guy on the server, I don't have a chancs to look for nether fortresses cuz Its all claimed.

No they don't give xray vision. But I can run around and jump in lava like a little girl and sing and shit.

All the nether forts are claimed? HELL NO, you wanna see a nether fortress? Mine some of it out? Fine. Talk in game, I can give you 10 that aren't protected. Besides, go find some yourself. There's tonnes untouched. Take some ender pearls, food, fire resistance potions and a sword and go fucking search for them yourself, instead of moaning they're "all claimed" (which I've only seen 2 claimed out of the 20 or so I've found)

-pred