Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Nether Rules
Started by [E] sawine

After extensive discussion in the staff section, we weren't able to conclude the best solution concerning the nether rules.

A lot of points have been brought up to the topic and I would like to know the opinion of the community on the case.

Most arguments/suggestions that were presented were:

- Nether should remain "hell" , a place with no safety and constant danger, with PVP and no protections at all.

- Nether shouldn't be protected because it would bring devaluation to Nether warths, making them easier to obtain from protected farms and "killing the adventure" of getting them.

- Nether is smaller than regular world, too many protections could ruin its gameplay.

- Regions could be allowed but PVP should be forced.

- A limit of 1 region, with a specified size, per player could be implemented

- Nether should be dealt with just like regular world.

- ... and a bunch of other specific suggestions

Known problems:

- Nether portals don't always take you to the appropriate portal (Minecraft bug) and you may end up in someone's else portal. If this player region is protected, you will be stuck in his region and your portal will be useless.

If you have suggestions that are not included in this post/poll, feel free to post in this thread so they can be discussed.

THE POLL:
Voting for first choice because the 1 protection per person is practically impossible to enforce
OkiFool66 wrote:
Voting for first choice because the 1 protection per person is practically impossible to enforce

We could use a plugin that let them define their own region of a specified size by themselves.

but again.. that could lead to other problems...
What would be cool is if you could just protect the netherwarts, if there is a plugin to do that. SO you could make a pe saying "can i have these netherwarts protected, and then have all netherwarts protected in that area, but dont protect anything else. Not sure if that is possible in the coding, but would be a good idea if you asked me
The biggest barrier I have to saying one-per-person (or none) is the potential to limit communal activity. "One per person", at the least, should only apply to the owner(s) of the region. Just being a "member" of a nether region should not meet the limit. As well, staff (even if just mod+ or admin) should have the discretion to override the limit/exclude a protection from counting.

Irregardless of the overall limit, aside from absolutely no nether protections, "unused" region protections should be subject to removal. Not as an active search, but if someone makes a petition/post about a protection and the owners have apparently done nothing there for a month or three, have it removed. This isn't too far from current overworld practice as I understand, but the buffer time would be less on the nether.

Honestly, while my vote is with keeping pvp optional because I understand getting interrupted is frustrating, there's more common threats in the nether than PKs and people should be prepared to protect themselves to start with.
Bump
I voted for the third option but I don't really care if it has protections or not. It'll make nether warts a lot more rare though, and near impossible to get after awhile, because they'll all be tucked into someones cprivated chest in the main world. People won't grow them for fear of losing them, and people won't sell them because they want to use them.
I can see why this became a poll.

I was on another server where they regenerated the world about every month. It gave people a chance again to get resources (similar to Minestatus vote resetting) but it also devalued the Nether as another world since building in the Nether would go to waste.

Like I said, easier to make a poll and see what the majority say <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Give the 1k+ donators private nether towns, where they can rent out large plots of land.

Hmm? Hmm?
I don't like nether cus of the whole lawless part

and lol i just saw the google chrome plug on the bottom of the screen