Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Where does your username come from?

My name emanates from a combination of two parts of my name. My last name, being Dunsford, and my first name being John. Ford is too common of a name, therefore I chose duns. This was done when I was creating an email account for more professional use when applying for universities five years ago. After that, I used it for skype, user names on websites, xbox gamertag, and now eventually Minecraft. As well, people here at Uni call me by my last name all the time, whilst my personal friends call me by my first name, so the law of averages dictates that my name is to be dunsjohn. YAY MATH! lol
I created an RPG character named 'Vampyre' back in highschool and everybody started calling me 'pyre' on the game/forums even irl from some friends, so it kinda stuck. Sadly, 'Vampyre' is taken like everywhere so I coined 'Pyrefangs' (Vampyrefangs) And by coined I mean... it just kinda makes sense. Lucky me, nobody has taken 'Pyrefangs' like anywhere so it's all me. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
My name comes from 2 parts of my life. I like Apple, and I love their devices. Their portable devices are their iDevices. So, I put an i in front of my name <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>. The second part comes from my soccer career. Soccer is fricken amazing, and I am flat out addicted to it. I play on team Wyoming, (I'm only a teenager) and we travel across the US, and play in some international tournaments.

Combine those two things, and you get me, iSoccerplayer.
Well, My friends and I were making up 4 letter names for ourselves. I ended up with Kong. I then made my MC username Kong999 because I like the number nine, lol.
When I first started playing WoW waaaaaaaay back in Vanilla (I started playing December of 2004 so yeah, ORIGINAL WoW) I thought being an undead Warlock be awesome, but I wanted a cool sounding name. I came with Lomanic cause I thought "The Warlock Lomanic" Sounded pretty cool. Problem was In my mind it was pronounced "Low-Manic" but people started calling me "Lom" for short so it ended up being "Lom-a-Nick" in pronunciation. It stuck and I still use it for everything to this day.
well my name is mikel and its spelt that way but pronounced michael and then i wanted just my name for a few things (xbox live mainly), but it didnt work out so i came up with mikeliskewl and now i use that for all my games
I absolutely ADORE the Worms games. Worms 3D was my favorite game for a long time, and during that time was when I began to take interest in things like Xbox live. I needed a name, and the only thing that popped into my head was Worms related. I called myself Happyworm360 because Worm seemed too small, and Happyworm seemed too bland.

It's stuck because I've never been motivated to change it. I've recently been calling myself Hades, but since you can't change your Minecraft account I'll remain as Happyworm to Minetown.
My Name ..LOLPWNT
mine? i needed to come up with a name on the spot and my friend hunter was next to me and on the T.V the last 4 digits in the commercial's phone number was 9340 :/
hunter9340 wrote:
mine? i needed to come up with a name on the spot and my friend hunter was next to me and on the T.V the last 4 digits in the commercial's phone number was 9340 :/

I LOL'D!