Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Eximus -WoW
Started by [E] zαк∂αηк

Natedog85137 wrote:
Should make a 255 fun realm. Where the level cap goes up to 255, and the gear is way op.

Sorry but that sounds the most un-fun realm thinkable..
Id say keep it at normal cap of 85 now. By the way I would like offer to GM on it. I am a former WoW GM and am familiar with GM commands and ToS to WoW standards.
in order to play on this server would you need a legitamate copy of WoW?

im too poor to pay 15$ a month, i bought the game i just cant afford to pay the monthly cost lol
I would like to sign up as a GM too i haz shit load of knowledge in this game.
Yes you need a legitimate copy of wow, which you can download from the site or the torrent i will be providing.

This will be a WOTLK server as it is stable... level 80 is the cap.

Gm applications wont be accepted until this is set up and may be done through sawine.

EDIT: No people, This is a PRIVATE server so you dont pay for an account like on blizzard servers.
So what do we do if we have a subscription already set up? Do we cancel it or just leave it as is?
your choice, if you want to keep playing blizzard, you can easily just download the 3.3.5a client and keep the existing folder so you can play both or you can cancel and play this if you want.
I will give my input on this. Personally in my opinion as Eximius Gaming is a legitimate gaming network and running a private World of Warcraft server is 100% NOT legal. The gaming network could face legal complications or be shut down if blizzard decided to crack down on private servers again. I believe that it is not worth the risk to operate a Private World Of Warcraft server.

Sayomie
Read my reply to Mr flip. The last crack down on private servers was to pick out servers making excess money for profit, and before anything was done blizzard had sent them several letters asking them to shut down. Like i said i ran a UO server for over 3 years and a WoW server for about 1 year and 3 months. That was for TERRA gaming, One issue which is possible, is a ban from the blizzard servers as you agree to their software terms.

i would also like you to have a look at This.

first look at molten wow:

IN

OUT

668229 <--- HOLY CRAP O.o

Now lets look at current players / Ques
Code:
Players: 2912 Queue: 0 Players: 2425 Queue: 0 Uptime: 2 Days 2 Hours Rates: Blizzlike x3 Players: 2599 Queue: 0 Players: 2767 Queue: 0 Players: 2627 Queue: 0 Players: 2712 Queue: 0 Players: 2082 Queue: 0

And this is classed as quiet, usually ques of up to 900.

Ok back to top 100:

Now scroll right to the bottom of the page.

131184 Sites in our Database thats a hell of a lot of illegal activity dont you think?

And thats just the sites who enlisted on this particular voting site!

Many people think its illegal because of the Terms you sign, but a few paragraphs above the hosting section is the cheating section under the same section. If the same logic was applied, it would mean that cheating on world of Warcraft is a criminal offense, how silly?

The only time blizzard goes after a server is when they are:

1. Using blizzard source code for the server core ( Most Emulated server are written from bottom up by groups , not stolen, although i know a few games which use stolen cores, eg ragnarok )

2. Redistribution of blizzard resources ( The client is freely available on the web, some people make 'custom' client files which is illegal )

3. Make a profit ( 99% of servers shut down was for this reason , Wowscape made $500,000 per month!! )

-Also i would like to note that the few servers that were targeted ( i think there were about 14 ) was just before Christmas, probably to boost sales.

Im pretty sure that we are at minimal risk of being shut down, especially running an outdated client as we cannot be attracting paying customers, so even if there was a legal issue, the bigger servers would go first.
ZakDank wrote:
Natedog85137 wrote:
Should make a 255 fun realm. Where the level cap goes up to 255, and the gear is way op.

Sorry but that sounds the most un-fun realm thinkable..

I'm not trying to advertise, but take a example at Eternal-wow. I want you to go try their 255 realm and tell me what you think.