Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Junior Moderators
Started by [E] Browse

I had an idea and talked a little with Hei. I got some info so i thought i should make a few suggestions about how it may work.

First, Recruit through applications a few Junior Moderators, These junior mods would be given limited or no powers, enough to do miniscule tasks. Basically their job would be to help any players in need of help. Because so many players tend to come and go from minetown there are a lot of people asking mods for help when others could just as easily help them (ex. how to set up shop signs, how to add players to regions, etc.).

-They should have a separate application thread

-They should be given a designated color/tag ingame

-They should be familiar with minetowns plugins, rules, and minecraft in general.

-These junior mods should be members of the community who have shown great interest in helping there fellow minetownians (or w/e).

How this would work if at all possible is all junior moderators would be able to see petitions sent in by minetown members, They would read through these and each one they would decide if

a. They can solve it themselves (which they will do and then proceed to close the petition).

b. They need mod powers to solve it, in which case they would simply send the moderator a message saying the petition number that needs to be serviced.

I believe this would drastically cut down on a moderator's workload because they seem to be constantly working from the time they log on the the time they log off.

Please let me know what you think of this and any suggestions that they could use would be great!
thisisrelevanttomyinter.jpg
I'd rather call it a helper rank.
I believe staff have already mentioned this to sawine (not 100% sure though), like assistants that can solve arguments and answer general questions, maybe have the power to mute and kick. This will also be like a step towards becoming a Moderator, first become an assistant then a mod.

People can add members to their regions anyway, its been fixed recently. Only owners of that region can add people.

/region addmember regionname player (e.g. /region addmember YourTown DanniDorrito)

To check the owners its:

/region info regionname (e.g. /region info YourTown)

Would be good if this happened x
Let the juniors have /jail but limited to 15-30 min.
Maybe give them the

TP commands (not TPA)

Ability to set warps

Just the basic abilities that would cover a large majority of the petition list. I wouldn't suggest them having Region control until full MOD, for obvious reasons.

@Danni- Can we also designate areas within our regions? Or am I gonna have to get a protection set over each lot individually first in my town?
Thanks for all the suggestions! keep them coming i'm sure there likely to be taken into consideration!

And Danni i was talking to hei about the regions yesterday and we tried to add new members and we weren't able to. I'm not sure why but maybe theres some small error in it?
I TOTALLY SUPPORT THIS
Yes i'd like to see this.
No worries guys, something along the lines has already been planned and is expected to be implemented shortly after the new server comes up