Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PvP Revamp Poll
Started by [E] WhatItDo [1]

I do like Danni's idea of a conflict driven world (the small one) as a pvp world. I agree that the current pvp server is alittle large to keep conflict going. I dont know alot in the way of servers but having the little world reset once a week/ month would keep it fresh.(this may be too much work).

As for the larger world.

I have been on PVP for about 2 weeks now, and i still dont understand factions. I have a group of folks that i play with and built a base with but we dont understand the faction plug in as of yet. I know this sounds newbish but maybe a small tutorial area or a book like when you first join the minetown server might help?

I like the skills system as of right now. I think the gathering skills are a must. as for the fighting skills if we had the two worlds like danni is describing they would be alittle overbearing for newer players.

Thanks for listening.
@7467859 wrote:
I know this sounds newbish but maybe a small tutorial area or a book like when you first join the minetown server might help?

With the Revamp, I will be writing a tutorial book for every player to receive when they first log onto the pvp server.
@7467859 wrote:
I like the skills system as of right now. I think the gathering skills are a must. as for the fighting skills if we had the two worlds like danni is describing they would be alittle overbearing for newer players.

Thanks for listening.

The skills for the most part are staying as they are now, we are brining back fighting skills to an extent to see how it will work in beta. As for multiple worlds, the one thing we think is criterial for our players is to keep the server as simple as possible but with an interesting twist. In my opinion having more then one world will confuse players and I don't see how it's necessary because we plan on having one main world. The most complex thing being the spawn area. And then having outside the spawn area pvp, I think that is enough to satisfy players pvp needs.

If there are any more questions feel free to ask myself or the other pvp staff.
So i guess the best way to do it would be like a reserve spot for close combat (arena type area) in a larger overall world?
@7467859 wrote:
So i guess the best way to do it would be like a reserve spot for close combat (arena type area) in a larger overall world?

I was planning on making a small arena for people to duke it out in a close quarters area
When you have enchanted weapons (strong enchantments) the combats (x1) last too short, because 2 or 3 hits are sufficient to kill, so... I was thinking about a mod that you have more life, (like 20 hearts), so the combats will become longer <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>. (I`ve saw it on a server these days, if you want me i could post the adress here)
@3889861 wrote:
(I`ve saw it on a server these days, if you want me i could post the adress here)

Please do not post the address here. Feel free to give a link to the plugin website so we can check it out.
When will the server be back up? I can't get in!
@5201829 wrote:
When will the server be back up? I can't get in!

It is working fine for me. Try again?
Do we have an estimated date as to when the PVP server will be revamped and released?

aka a release date for the BETA version <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>