Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PvP Revamp Poll
Started by [E] WhatItDo [1]

So...being able to dominate a game because you no life it is not supposed to happen?

Disregard everysingle MMO ever made.
@268376 wrote:
So...being able to dominate a game because you no life it is not supposed to happen?

Would you like to go play on a server and play where one faction that afk'd for days boosted their skills so that they could one hit kill you constantly raided / killed you?
@2901096 wrote:
@268376 wrote:

Would you like to go play on a server and play where one faction that afk'd for days boosted their skills so that they could one hit kill you constantly raided / killed you?

I'm a masochist
For me, PVP servers are very difficult to manage over a long period of time. The longer it runs, some players will have an advantage of being on the server for so long which makes it extremely difficult for newer players to get into.

If you want my thoughts then here goes <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

My 'ideal' would be a PVP hub leading off to two worlds (and a third which I will come back to). A "team" world and a "every man for themselves" world.

Both worlds would be pre-generated cities so gaining materials would be easy, TNT is enabled and it would be all out chaos. The worlds would have a smallish radius (1000 or so) to ensure max conflict between players as they would cross each other often.

A custom plugin for the teams world, allowing players to join groups (With a max limit) and have minimum protections, enough to cover a small base. It can be raided easily if the team is not able to care for its maintenance. Maybe some loot chests spread across the land for players to collect.

These worlds would be reset on a regular basis (Monthly or something), they would solely be for PVP and chaos.

However, this links up to the third world. The main PVP world. It is a long-standing world so no resets would happen. It could have that optional adventure roles and would generally be for factions and bases to hold up and know it would be a permanant situation if they maintain it.

Killing players from the other worlds (and the main world) would gain points, which in turn can be used to buy items or trade items between worlds (moving some good items into the temp world to gain an upper hand or move some found good items from the temporary world to your permanent world to keep before a reset)

This would appeal to all PVP types, those who want longstanding factions and adventure, or those who just want mindless pvp/destruction on something that is fine to completely obliterate.
Of course it could lead to complications, and things would need to be put into place. For example, players who are faction members in the Main World may team up in the "every man for themselves" world to gain extra points. We would need to work on things like this to ensure its fair game all round and the points system cannot be abused.
@637590 wrote:
TNT is enabled

Danni pls
@268376 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
TNT is enabled

Danni pls

Obviously there could be TNT exploding limits, because of people like you.
How about some sort of way to protect bases while you are offline? Not exactly sure how but just an idea.

And no oki, no TNT traps
@637590 wrote:
@268376 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
TNT is enabled

Danni pls

Obviously there could be TNT exploding limits, because of people like you.

:sad:
@744235 wrote:
How about some sort of way to protect bases while you are offline? Not exactly sure how but just an idea.

And no oki, no TNT traps

:angry:
@744235 wrote:

And no oki, no TNT traps

That would be worked on, this is all literally an idea off the top of my head straight into a message, I haven't put extensive thought into this idea so there could possibly be flaws until its worked on as a proper consideration to use lol.

I believe it would be somewhat similar to the factions plugin but a whole lot more simple (Since I find from experience a whole lot of players are put off from a PVP server because of Factions and its complexity. Of course once you have learnt it, its not so complicated, but the initial start is very daunting and off putting to players with no experience of it. Who wants to spend 10mins reading and understanding something when they just want to kill and play? Thats a small group of potential players lost). It would be fair fighting grounds within a teams territory (Unlike factions, which gives more damage if its the factions land and gives less damage for the opposition). No private group chats or ranking systems, just straight and simples so its easy to pick up and just get on with focusing on the killing and tactics.

As for how your teams protections being removed while you are offline. It could work on the PVP points. If your team takes a lot of deaths but does not give enough kills back, your protections come down. For example, your team kills 30 players, but then your team players are killed 50 times, your protection would fall to -20. If you keep your points above -20 your protection stays.

Again, this is all off the top of my head so I'm just rolling with my thoughts. Nothing is set in stone or a permanent decision lol, the idea can be changed and molded to fit. I'm just saying my opinion and what I've thought up (I have experience running a reasonably sized PVP server so am aware of the problems they can face)

x