Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PvP Revamp Poll
Started by [E] WhatItDo [1]

@268376 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
TNT is enabled

Danni pls

TNT was originally disabled because of the loop holes players were finding to get mass amounts, also I intent on keeping it disabled to a certain extent because if you go outside spawn on the current pvp server it looks like we opened the server to mass amounts of griefers and in my opinion, it takes away from the look of spawn and the server.
@213781 wrote:
@268376 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
TNT is enabled

Danni pls

TNT was originally disabled because of the loop holes players were finding to get mass amounts, also I intent on keeping it disabled to a certain extent because if you go outside spawn on the current pvp server it looks like we opened the server to mass amounts of griefers and in my opinion, it takes away from the look of spawn and the server.

You should read the full idea and the comments after before completely dismissing this :/
@637590 wrote:
@213781 wrote:
@268376 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
TNT is enabled

Danni pls

You should read the full idea and the comments after before completely dismissing this :/

I was hoping he would, but in all fairness, I honestly did stop reading after those words.

Also, in regards to the base protection, just use massive amounts of obsidian.
@803951 wrote:
So I guess we're letting cats run PVP now.

He's a raccoon
@637590 wrote:
@213781 wrote:
@268376 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
TNT is enabled

Danni pls

My comment was in general terms about how pvp is now, I have read the comments and i know that you would want it enabled and have a limiter on it. but what I am saying is that for ideas like the basic pvp where its the same map and everything outside spawn is the cause of the idea in the first place.

The team loves your idea and they are considering rethinking it, which was the intention of making this thread, but in your ideas particular case, it would be one randomly generated city with without explosion protection and which is, correct me if im wrong, but your "All out war" world and then the idea to add a randomly generated world that has its limits on it.

Let me know if im still off the right track.
Danni,

I like your idea of multiple worlds, others have been suggesting something similar too.

I do still prefer the Factions plugin we have had. It isn't too hard to understand, and with the Welcome Book we will be making for the PvP server, new players may have an easier time with it. Also, many servers use the Factions plugin, (such as yours), so it might already be familiar to most people.
@213781 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
@213781 wrote:
@268376 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
TNT is enabled

Danni pls

My comment was in general terms about how pvp is now, I have read the comments and i know that you would want it enabled and have a limiter on it. but what I am saying is that for ideas like the basic pvp where its the same map and everything outside spawn is the cause of the idea in the first place.

The team loves your idea and they are considering rethinking it, which was the intention of making this thread, but in your ideas particular case, it would be one randomly generated city with without explosion protection and which is, correct me if im wrong, but your "All out war" world and then the idea to add a randomly generated world that has its limits on it.

Let me know if im still off the right track.

If you read it, those TNT worlds would be reset and have a points system. This promotes those players who want to just PVP and blow things up to play. Then theres the third world which wouldnt not have TNT and wouldnt reset, which would be more for those players who don't like the idea of just fighting without gaining. This idea was mainly to cover the ideals of all PVP players. Some like to blow bases up, some prefer to have a more tactical approach and know their rewards will not be reset.

If you want a decent player base on the PVP server you'd need to consider all the different types of PVP players and try to accommodate for them in some way or another. Some will love nothing more than basic fighting one-on-one while others would prefer teams and tactics. Then theres adding the whole RPG element to it which some would love and some wouldnt go near by.

Like I said, PVP servers can be very difficult to work with because of the broad range of styles everyone wants. If you focus on just one of those styles you wouldn't get as big of a player base as a server that can offer a choice of PVP styles.
I think you should just get rid of pvp I mean like no one plays on it and its just using RAM so I mean just use that Ram to make a better server then that. That's my idea of the pvp revamp
@637590 wrote:

If you want a decent player base on the PVP server you'd need to consider all the different types of PVP players and try to accommodate for them in some way or another. Some will love nothing more than basic fighting one-on-one while others would prefer teams and tactics. Then theres adding the whole RPG element to it which some would love and some wouldnt go near by.

Like I said, PVP servers can be very difficult to work with because of the broad range of styles everyone wants. If you focus on just one of those styles you wouldn't get as big of a player base as a server that can offer a choice of PVP styles.

This is the purpose of the poll, we were going to take from the poll itself and the suggestions everyone has on different playstyles. From the current look at the poll, its pretty much split in the middle, so multiple worlds would be necessary for the majority of players to enjoy the playstyle they like.
@4434737 wrote:
I think you should just get rid of pvp I mean like no one plays on it and its just using RAM so I mean just use that Ram to make a better server then that. That's my idea of the pvp revamp

This is extremely wrong, maybe you should go on PvP a bit more.
I know that some people still use it, they have put good long hours into it, I get on there sometimes even, (not for the next 3 months :'( ) So I think that the basic pvp is good, like the good ole days <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>