Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PvP Revamp Poll
Started by [E] WhatItDo [1]

Keep in mind McMMO is fully editable and depending on the opinions we get we may take bits and pieces from the plugin, something that will benefits both sides.
I would just take out combat skills and leave all the gathering skills worked fine in the past no problems
@2528572 wrote:
I would just take out combat skills and leave all the gathering skills worked fine in the past no problems

ill_be_back_terminator.gif

If that happens
Thanks for the suggestions up to this point <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Anything else anyone has before the poll closes?
First of all, Build-in-a-Box looks amazing. Maybe you could have an event on the event server to build different buildings that it would use since it doesn't come with any. The idea of multiple servers sounds pretty nice too.

I also have a suggestion or two of changes I'd like to see, as well as some ideas from some of the guests on the server, which I included whether I agreed with them or not so they could at least be considered:

Enchantment Tables (I heard these are most likely coming back, but I still thought I'd throw it out there just in case)

TNT: TNT is a really important part of raiding on PVP/Faction servers because, without it, you don't have to put any effort into your base to prevent yourself from being raided. All you have to do is keep your power above your land (to whoever suggested setting it to where a faction with higher power can claim your land, this would just force people to invite as many people as possible, whether they should be in the faction or not, just to prevent their land from being overclaimed by someone that invites 20+ people) and your stuff is safe. If necessary you could obviously limit its use, but it shouldn't be disabled completely. If it IS disabled, however, you should at least be able to open other factions' chests that are in their land.

No bank chest or ender chests: Although ender chests are disabled, there is currently a bank chest that allows you to store a limited amount of items at the admin shop. Because of this, raiding is essentially useless because it's unlikely that you'll be able to get a faction's diamonds or other valuable items, aside from the small amount they decide to keep at their base for convenience.

TNT-able Obsidian: xMoralThreat already suggested this and I definitely agree it is a good idea. With obsidian the way it currently is, it's easy to make a raid-proof base by mining a stack of obsidian then making a tiny vault that nobody can break into. Obviously it should still be very durable to make it worth mining, but it shouldn't be unexplodable (either a set amount of TNT hits , or set to where if TNT explodes while touching the obsidian it will be destroyed).

No more PVP Timer: The PVP Timer, to anyone that does not already know, is a timer that prevents you from being able to fight other players for a certain amount of time after teleporting unless you use the command /pvptimer remove. This is extremely inconvenient if you accidentally tp somebody into your base and are unable to hit them for ~30 seconds, giving them plenty of time to set a home, have a look around, and teleport back home. Additionally, there is at least one bug with it that I've noticed, which causes it to stay on infinitely until they choose to use /pvptimer remove.

Ender Pearls: As the former members of Rebels and Masters can tell you (YOLO raid), ender pearls can be extremely useful when trying to enter a base, causing player to think of creative ways to get in. If they are enabled, however, it would probably be best to disable them during PVP so you aren't able to run away easily after starting a fight.

Warps in the wild: There could be 4 or so warps somewhat far away from spawn from which you could begin exploring. This would make spawn-killing less common, and make it easier to travel from one end of the map to the other.

FACTION-RELATED

Respawning at faction home after death: Currently, when you die, you respawn at spawn, even if you have a faction home set. This is usually (for me at least) an inconvenience, and it also makes it much harder to raid. Normally if you're able to enter a faction's base and locate their faction home, you are able to raid them by spawn-killing them until their power is low. They are, of course, able to log off, but most people tend to at least try to kill you a few times before giving up, and even then, when they log back on they'll still be at their base, so if you're patient enough you can wait for them to come back. If you respawn at spawn, however, once you die one time, you simply wait 5 minutes to regain all of the power you lost.

No Faction Economy: Right now, it costs money to claim land, and because of it there is a faction balance to which you can add your own money. Land-claiming shouldn't be dependent on the amount of money you have, but also, some people might put all of their money in without knowing faction mods can take the money, then mod people that they think they can trust. While I think that betrayal is an important part of faction servers that should definitely be allowed, I feel like being able to take all of someone's money is a bit too much.

Free/Cheap Factions(thanks, mobrush123, for reminding me about this one): Factions cost $7500 to create. I understand that the economy will be fixed during the revamp, and that there will be many ways to earn money, but 7500 still seems like a little much. Many people (myself included) like to be able to create a faction as soon as they join a server, and having to go a few days without one can be annoying. Also, sometimes, for strategic purposes, it's useful to give the ownership of your faction to someone you trust, leave your faction, and create a new one.

No faction messages in global: Whenever a new faction is created, it says in global who created the faction and the name of it. This also happens whenever a faction's description or owner is changed, or when it's deleted. If factions are free or cheap (as suggested above), then this may happen pretty often. A lot of times, the person that creates a faction is immediately spammed by people asking to join their faction, which can be annoying and cause people that are new to the concept of factions to be raided easily (if they invite someone that then betrays them).

MCMMO

I personally think MCMMO should not be used on the server. Not only are the combat skills way overpowered, but certain skills can be abused in ways that are illegal and most likely difficult to catch (not going to go into too much detail for obvious reasons, but if any staff members don't know about these then send me a message for more information).

Now for the suggestions given by a few of the guests, since the community may like some of the ideas:

MrDabomb99 | Jobs Plugin: He didn't have the name (that I'm aware of) of a specific one, but basically a plugin that allows jobs, such as woodcutting, hunting, farming, fishing, etc. as additional ways of making money

mobrush123 | More Villages: Plugin (no specific plugin given) or some other way to increase the number of villages on the server

More diamonds: Increased number of diamonds generated to make finding them easier

isaacza | /shop Command: A command that would be used in place of or in addition to the admin shop to buy/sell items from wherever you want

mattyolo | More Islands: Plugin (no specific plugin given) that increases the number of islands on the server

I also looked at the donation page and saw that bedrock is given as a reward for donating. I personally think this is way overpowered since it allows you to make a vault that nobody can ever enter to store anything you want that will be safe from anything, even if your power drops below 0.
wrote:
First of all, Build-in-a-Box looks amazing. Maybe you could have an event on the event server to build different buildings that it would use since it doesn't come with any. The idea of multiple servers sounds pretty nice too.

The original plan was to bring in the build team but if we have time we can make it an event.
T wrote:
NT is a really important part of raiding on PVP/Faction servers because, without it, you don't have to put any effort into your base to prevent yourself from being raided.

We have discussed the use of TNT in pvp and we have decided that TNT would be usable. We have decided to put a limiter on the use of TNT so you will still be able to get TNT as normal but what I will explain in your "TNT'able Obsidan" will explain how we plan to moderate that.
wrote:
there is currently a bank chest that allows you to store a limited amount of items at the admin shop. Because of this, raiding is essentially useless because it's unlikely that you'll be able to get a faction's diamonds or other valuable items, aside from the small amount they decide to keep at their base for convenience.

We have not talked about this yet as a team but im sure someone had brought up an idea of having a main bank like the ones in any other server, built into the main spawn of the server, it would be a safe zone where players can teleport at anytime with the exception of being in combat. (More will be updated on this topic shortly)
wrote:
TNT-able Obsidian

I'm sure you are aware that there are plugins out there that control this and at the end of this week we will pool some of them together and decide if we should use them or not, this issue in particular is at the top of our check list and we may or may not be implementing a plugin like this to control the issue. (More will be updated on this topic shortly)
wrote:
No more PVP Timer

To my knowledge we have decided to take this out in the upcoming revamp and replace it with a more acceptable timer that still allows player confrontation but times other circumstances. (More will be updated on this topic shortly)
wrote:
Ender Pearls & Warps in the wild

We love the idea of both of these aspects and we will most likely end up still using ender pearls for PvP. As for the warps in the wild if you mean to make something similar to the warps on agharta (/warp North/East/South/West) Then yes this idea has been brought to our attention earlier and there will be something similar to this that may be shortly in the works.

We will get back to you on your Faction & McMMO related suggestions soon, that is something we need to discuss before giving a clear opinion on.
wrote:
MrDabomb99 | Jobs Plugin: He didn't have the name (that I'm aware of) of a specific one, but basically a plugin that allows jobs, such as woodcutting, hunting, farming, fishing, etc. as additional ways of making money

It is a good idea, but it depends on what everyone is into, we can try out some of these cause I know for a fact there is a specific plugin for this that we have looked at in the past, but it is up to the community.
wrote:
mobrush123 | More Villages: Plugin (no specific plugin given) or some other way to increase the number of villages on the server

More diamonds: Increased number of diamonds generated to make finding them easier

I am sure that the more villages can be taken care of through the map generation set up. as for more diamonds, we ill have to look into something like this, to see if it will mess around with the economy. It is probably in the servers best interest to leave these alone as they aren't such a big deal as oppose to the other issues being dealt with, also at least I don't see an issue with the current pvp with more villagers and diamonds, but if that's what people want then by all means it is something that can be edited in.
wrote:
isaacza | /shop Command: A command that would be used in place of or in addition to the admin shop to buy/sell items from wherever you want

We will look into this and get back to you with more information.
wrote:
mattyolo | More Islands: Plugin (no specific plugin given) that increases the number of islands on the server

This can be played around with in the world generator but I don't think it is as necessary to go as far as to find a world generator unless its and idea that everyone would like to see.
wrote:
I also looked at the donation page and saw that bedrock is given as a reward for donating.

Edit: This is still added, sorry for the mix up. We will get back to you on this idea later down the road as of right now we are looking at the main aspects that will help us move on.

Thank you for your detailed suggestions. I hope every one of them were taken into consideration and I look forward to seeing your feedback soon!
Hey I think you guys have the wrong idea on where I stand. I could care less about the MCMMO pvp skills, in fact I don't really like them that much. i tend to agree with you guys. But i want my gathering skills. those are what i spend the most time raising. and i will be back if those skills stay.
Hey Foalks! The Pvp Poll ends tomorrow morning (Saturday Sept. 7th 2013), After that we will hopefully be strictly sticking to 1 of the 2 choices as our decision, of course the thread will still be open as we are continuously taking suggestions that will better the server and get more and more interested!

If you have any questions that you prefer to not post here that may be not directly connected to the servers interest feel free to privately message either myself or the rest of the PvP team.

Thanks,

Whatitdo
Whoa whoa whoa hold your horses and don't blow out your sphincter.
Quote:
there is currently a bank chest that allows you to store a limited amount of items at the admin shop.

Remove dis.
Can you specify what you mean and where?