Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Event] Why I Chose Minetown...
Started by [E] Matt [5]

I found Minetown from a server list. Cannot for the life of me remember which.

My first impression was:

1282786204310.jpg

I kept playing here because of so many things. I had tried numerous other servers before coming across this one. The main problem with the others was a lack of organization and communication. Everything was so chaotic with players griefing and abusing everything in sight and any admins/mods that got on had no interest in running the server and the owner was nowhere to be seen. No griefing, region protection and a staff that actually cares about their server and players were a huge draw to me. The stability and lack of map resets was also very important to me as my friends and I wanted to have our work saved for everyone to enjoy.

My favorite memory is every build I've completed in my little region with my friends. All the arguing and laughing and burying each other alive was a blast. I've also had many laughs and conversations with other players and staff who are, for the most part, very friendly and helpful. I think building a strong community and staff were vital in the success of this server.

A few things I'd change are:

1. Work on the lag on main. I understand that the lag situation has been immensely improved recently, but I feel there is still more that can be done. I think the server should back off on the amount of plugins running and move closer to a more vanilla experience. What plugins we keep or toss should be decided by everyone together.

2. Limit spawners! And no, I don't mean limit the mobs they can spawn, just limit the amount of eggs people can have somehow. This way it will be much more difficult for people to construct economy-breaking, server-crushing, lag machines. If people want to build massive mobs traps they will have to pool their eggs together and share in the profit.

3. Make Main2 more fun and worthwhile to visit. Add some sort of gimmick to draw more players. This server just seems to be wasted space and offers nothing new compared to Main. I don't have any ideas as to what could be done as I don't know what options are available.

4. Move back to an items based economy and rework voting. Now this is a tricky one. I think voting gives you far too many credits for each vote. This has been alleviated somewhat with the new voting system but it's still a little too generous. But reducing the reward also runs the risk of losing votes which are incredibly important for drawing in newer players.

So I'd suggest that voting rewards should changed to temporary privileges. Similar to how the top voters are rewarded with donator packages, why not give players access to certain perks if they had met a certain voting quota the previous month. For example, I vote a certain amount of times the month before so I am rewarded with something like the /jumpto command, but only for a limited time like a week or the whole month. If I fail to meet the voting quota the next month, that command is disabled for me. Of course /jumpto is a donator perk, but you only get it for a limited time so there's still an incentive to donate for permanent access. Different rewards would have higher quotas to meet based on usefulness. This sounds incredibly complicated and would probably be a complete nightmare to implement, but I feel it would be beneficial to the server as a whole.
Also I don't want your dirty money Matt <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.)

minecraft forums

My first impression was...

such a basic spawn...

I kept playing here because...

everyone was friendly (all 3 of them)

My favorite memory is...

causing cody to use an offline world editor to remove the rails i placed because at the time they caused huge memory leaks

Edit: actually ive tonnes

• blowing up ever increasing amount of tnt
  • making the creater where wwe build the original minetown
  • nearly banning sawine because i thought he was duping (later found out a was right)
  • building WR2 base in the pvp sever
  • building mob farms with cryston (skyfarm and the mobtrap at /warp WR)
  • dropping bacon drop ever increasing hights
  • pranking leaf,bacon and zdeath
  • building knoxx with oki
  • the firenation on the old new pvp server
  • nether exploration for the first time it was available on multiplayer
  • building netherstuff with zdeath and predspread
  • crashing the server hundreds of times
  • getting sawine to crash the server
  • watching sawine build rediculous redstone lag towers
  • getting danni to crash the server by making her world edit out half the nether

A few things I'd change are...

dont know

:v

can you tell ive been here forever?
I will think out of more favorite memories later
griff, use the nether base that we made <_<

It all started when I I got bored of SP, so I went to google. After hours of searching and going through server after server, I found MT.

Hmmm. This is a really good spawn. Im going to apply!

My first application, was denied... It took a week to get any response from it. SO I was just in my little hut, in the GW, looting all the abandon mineshafts and villages. I had spent alot of time collecting my resources, I didnt want to just throw it all away, so I reapplied. this time it was accepted. MT had an amazing community, friendly, nice, very talkative.

My favorite memory is...

Wow, I dont really know where to start. I remember so many early mornings on the FTB server with Luggious. Getting trapped in the event staff tree with T-Man... Screwing around with Barney and halos, finding all those mob spawners.

Like it has been said before, id love to see less lag on main. It is most player's first impression of the server, and lag is a big thing that turns players away. I would also like to see the spawn town cleaned up. I know we are trying to preserve the older part of MT, but we need to allow the newer players to have a chance. Minetown has been an amazing server since the day I joined. Its had it's ups and downs, but it is always an amazing server.

I played cracked Minecraft that I hosted and let my friends play on for about a week when it crashed and could not get it back. One of Said friends was Jonesing to play so he checked out a top 100 server list. Not sure why he picked mt or where it was on the scale but he suggested it to me and i got a couple other friends to join too.

Wtf they have a badass church! and a market?! (remember, one week with just my friends who also never played it before) after wandering spawn in awe for at least an hour Okifool66 asked me about my user name and then told me his town was called knoxx, so I warped there looked around quick and decided I need to find some resources and buy a plot. I headed east and eventually found sand and water that was not protected. I had no idea where I was on the map and just made a quick sand and glass shelter. which kept growing down, and turned into a staircase to no where. Eventually I decided I wanted an upside down pyramid. Sadlly it began as cobble as I could not find any sand stone and i did not know about making it from sand. Today stands a very large region called 902 with a massive cobble pyramid only half covered in sandstone and many other half finished project myself and others have started in the past year and a half plus. to this day I never ended up getting a plot in Knoxx from Oki or Griff lol

I put too much time in my region to even seriously think about going anywhere. when MT goes down, i try other servers and have never come across a server quite like this. Great responsive staff. Owner will make you happy when sky's are gray. as well as a great community that our whitelist helps maintain.

My favorite memory is...

When cakes were hot.. You have to have been around long ago to know what I mean <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

The return of the livemap! I miss it so much. The world map used right now looks great compared to past ones.. I just with it was live and showed player locations. I had a laptop set up just for it...

Perhaps a Potion for temporary flight on main? Would come in great handy for building awkward things(upside down pyramids for instance)

Double Jump on main! this would be an awesome feature for exploring

On a server list, I can't remember which one. It was actually one of the first servers I have ever joined, as I had been going through a list online and happened to stumble across it.

Being new to servers, I was initially amazed at all the plugins and such. Not to mention the architecture our server displays. I also found a community that was really easy to become a part of, friendly players, and a good environment for playing.

On most other servers, it can often be really hard to become part of a group. It is apparent that this is much easier to do on Minetown than other servers, but due to my sporadic playing, I have not yet experienced complete integration (something I am looking forward to changing <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> ). I also really liked how the economy worked, and the staff that was always helpful (if not a bit overworked). Beyond this, the plugins selected for use and the reliability of the server also put it on my A-list. I have tried many different servers in my time, before and since joining Minetown, but I always seem to gravitate back here.

My favorite memory is...

Building my first town. It was a good experience, and although I never finished it, taught me a lot about how servers work and let me get to know some of the players. However, I am looking forward to creating some better ones.

Its undeniable at times, as displayed by long wait times, that we can be understaffed. Other than that, the server has a great feel, and I don't think I would really like to change much! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
I found Minetown from...

a server list, dont remember which one. Since i wanted to play on a big server i had the choice between LegendaryCraft and Minetown.

overwhelming. Never saw such a developed server with that many friendly people on it. I already played on several big german servers but the kinds of architectures was still foreign to me. So many building styles on 1 Server.

I kept playing here because....

of several reasons.

1. I joined about 1 year ago, even then MT already had a giant Map. It was easy to find a nice spot for me to build, far away from griefing morons and unwanted visitors.

2. Mt had and still has a nice community with friendly mature people and a low rate of, lets just say less firendly people.

3. The amount of plugins which improves the game

4. A working economy

5. A nice and interesting staff

6. Events like building events or drop parties (has been a long time sice the last one)

My favorite memory is...

When i finished my garden fence, took me 2 weeks to build it.

1. Stop worldediting large parts of the maps, the current one looks more than awkward with these desert stripes in the middle of a snow area

2. Introducing new players. When i started playing on MT I first feelt kinda lost. There was no really help for new players (exept Neils Pigsauna, man my character only eats porkchops since the begin)

3. Pls bring back the item repair sing at the bank, I got high enchanted tools which are almost broken and recreate them could take weeks

4. Improve the weather, its actually always raining when I get on MT which is really depressing.

Matt keep your money and make the rain stop^^
I found Minetown from... A server list

My first impression was... OMG this place, look at the church!!! It's amazing!!

I kept playing here because... Well, something told me to stay, even though I couldn't speak and couldn't build, and I eventually submitted my app, I was approved, I became a member and I am still loving it!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

My favorite memory is... Building my house in the old Guest World and listening to all the members chat and watching those old MTnews posts come and go....

A few things I'd change are... Nothing, I really can't think of anything other than censoring the skyblock world Lol