Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Event] Why I Chose Minetown...
Started by [E] Matt [5]

Everyone has been paid up to this point. Thanks for your submissions so far!
I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.) From another server actually, I use to play on a server with members that sort of 'branched off' from Minetown, and it when died, I came here <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

My first impression was... Wow this is a lot bigger than *Insert server name here*

I kept playing here because... Actually, I really don't know why I did. I didn't like it at first honestly, because members treated people with white names like they were the plague. Then I donated 100 dollars and everyone suddenly liked me... xD

My favorite memory is... Thats a hard one... I have many great memories that I shared with lots of people on Minetown, don't think I could single out one.

A few things I'd change are... If I answered this a few months ago, I would have a list the size of Texas, but recently. Everything is just great <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Don't want your money, save it for in-game events <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>
I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.)

My friend Arvila found it when we were both looking for a server together <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

My first impression was...

I was impressed, had a look around the spawn and market before my application was accepted (Back when everyone joined in main spawn) and enjoyed the building and designs I saw. Players were friendly and enjoyed talking with me.

I kept playing here because...

Arvila had already set up a home by the time I joined. I enjoyed starting the server with him and some of the staff were really friendly and helpful with my noob questions.

My favorite memory is...

Trying to drown myself because gackt was stalking me, checkers saved me and we married. We always made the ongoing joke of me running off with all his money (:< I never did lol, I'd feel bad if I took without permission.

Another good memory was a build event I did, I had 40-50 players participate, stressful was an understatement lol. I had to beg arvila to come and help me manage it D: It was an awesome event though, just garden building. One team made a pond, one of their members changed the skin to be a gnome and stood by the pond throughout the entire event. Was very funny.

A few things I'd change are...

More communication between staff and new players would be nice. Everything else is going great and just its normal self, minetown changes slowly, people come and go, kids panic and think its ending, the usual lol. I've been here long enough to have seen "Minetown is dying!" come up at least 3-4 times since joining. People dont like change, noobs believe them and panic lol.
I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.) Xtremetop100 server list. It was ranked 3rd at the time.

My first impression was... ..How do I talk..

I kept playing here because... With all the warps to different city's at the warp lounge there was so much to explore. Then savage (I think) paid for my membership with a guest pass. After that he gave me a tour of his city.

My favorite memory is... I cant think of anything atm...

A few things I'd change are... Nothing really
I found Minetown from: (server list, friend, etc.) Some server list...

My first impression was: 'Twas pretty cool, and much more simple in terms of plugins, things to do and tags in chat than other servers I had been on, when first starting out.

I kept playing here because: I thought it was a nice place, with nice people. I also didn't like anywhere else I had been.

My favorite memory is: Building mob farms, and parts of the zoo with Ron and Nick.

A few things I'd change are: The member applications.
I found Minetown from...

I actually Googled "Minetown Servers". I found that minetown was in the top 5 of a few sites that ranked them (Later, I discovered that this is what we're voting for). So I just decided I'd join up <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

"Will I ever find land?!"

I started out in the guest world, and was wondering in a boat for a very long time! I eventually got out of my boat and dived down, and built a little base (which took me HOURS!" <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> It ended up being quite enjoyable, and a big accomplishment.

Well, I liked how there were people online whenever I was, so I ended up donating and joining the main server. I traveled around for almost two hours to find a home. It was amazing at how big the server felt, I very much enjoyed that. I also really liked how you could craft spawners and build mob traps. I play minecraft more like a "how much can you horde" and tend to be more of an industrialist type player.

Also, I really enjoyed that Minetown has a shop mod. I believe it adds to the game a lot.

I also thought that the Lavafurnace plug-in was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I loved it! (now the hoppers do the same job)

My favorite memory is...

Crafting my first spider, and then skell spawner mob farm. I actually went afk all day so that I could collect a bunch of items. I remember how excited I was to get back from work to see how much I ended up with. After completing every farm, whether I'd go afk to bed, or afk to work, I would wake up, or come home very, very excited.

I'd re-work the afk timer. Like extend it by 1min per 1$ donated or something. Or get rid of it entirely. Also, I'd re-work the mob spawning limit. At the moment both seem to be more limiting then helping. (Most of the time when I'm online, there are only 3-10 players, so lag isn't an issue any more).
I found Minetown from... From kutha1 <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

My first impression was... Ugh I have to make an app?

I kept playing here because... when I first joined someone sent me 1k and I thought I was rich

My favorite memory is... Staying on Minetown for 24 hours with Sydneya11

A few things I'd change are... Nothing
I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.) Server list, pretty sure PMC.

My first impression was... ohhh, creative, I LOVE CREATIVE!

I kept playing here because... The community was just awesome, I moved to PvP then to main.

My favorite memory is... My first Charazard pixel art! (It got griefed)

A few things I'd change are... The chat back to normal...
No need to pay me Matt

My brother (Unverify) use to let me play on his account, and then i decided to get my own account the day AFTER the $5 whitelisting was enabled. I paid the $5 and then got on as zdeathclock

Back then, the community was much smaller then it was today. My impressions were still very nice from the old spawn. The first thing I did was try the quest station that broly made way back when. People were very open to talking to new people because the amount of people that were there.

I kept playing here because I knew that this was going to be a great community to stay with, and I have never regretted joining this server. One person that I met in the earliest times that I had a fun time with was Natedog, him and I were citizens of a town called crescent. We were both sales people in the town, I sold items that the admin shop sold but for cheaper and still made a profit while Nate was a general store.

My favorite memory is...

Besides from meeting my friends, was when I became a mod. I had wanted to become staff for the longest time, but either no mods were needed or I just wasn't ready for it beforehand. Once I become a mod I did and still do my best to help out whenever I can from the little things to people who need money to start a project (when I have some to give). Another good memory is when I participated in a building event for nature, and everyone thought that my fountain in the middle of my field looked like a toilet XD

ATM there is nothing I would really change. People have opinions on everything about minetown and about staff, I just wish for the best of both <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Cytocraft was the one to introduce me to minetown. Before that me and cyto played on one of my friend's server. When it died I decided to come and check out Minetown.

My frist impressions was, this is freakin confusing. I had no experience with any big SMP server. The main ones I played on to that date were small servers that had up to 6 or 10 ppl on at a time. The commands were soooo confusing and I thought I could never master all of them. However by now, i feel as though I am fully a part of this community and am so happy that cyto convinced me to join.

The main reason that kept me playing here was the people. The people were (almost) always nice and acted respectably. There were rarely any griefers and no-one made me mad. I have also kept playing because I want to help the other new players that come onto minetown. The atmosphere here is just great and really friendly. The multitude of servers didn't hurt either <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

My favorite memory is...

My fav memory here would have to be when the pvp plugin was down and anarchy reigned the streets. I remember gotmilk had invaded cordoba and we had a huge street fight. That was one of the greatest moments ever. Although I was a little frustrated I felt that afterwards i began to truly understand the community. It was truly a lot of fun.

Hmmm, this is difficult. I guess for one, I would love to see more events on main server. We need more people to start playing on Main and the lack of voting isn't helping. Also another thing I would like to fix is the amount of plugin problems that minetown faces each day. The clan plugin derp made me quite nervous for a few days as did the mob spawner plugin debate. However I must say that Xcoaster and Zionia000 did a great job in fixing those problems respectiably.