Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Event] Why I Chose Minetown...
Started by [E] Matt [5]

There's been an overall feeling of negativity lately, and that is NOT what this server is about! So in this forum-only event, I'd like to get your feedback on why you chose Minetown as your server to play on!

Follow the format below, and receive 2,500 MT Credits! Don't be skimpy on your responses or you won't receive the money - your responses will help make the server better!

I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.)

My first impression was...

I kept playing here because...

My favorite memory is...

A few things I'd change are...

I'm looking forward to your responses! This event will last over two weeks, ending on April 13th.
I found Minetown from... a server list. I can't remember which one, but we were ranked really high on it.

My first impression was... wow, the people here are actually nice! I hadn't played on any mutliplayer servers for more than a few minutes before, because nobody was friendly and I was very confused. On Minetown, people talked to me and welcome me into the server.

I kept playing here because... the people were just mature. I didn't care about the ridiculous lag with 120 players on, it was still really fun to be with all the people of Minetown.

My favorite memory is... waking up early in the morning to stock cake before school! Even at 6A.M. on a weekday, there were still 20+ people on doing the same thing.

A few things I'd change are... making guests feel more welcome, and encouraging play on the main server. I feel like things are far more confusing when I joined, now that we have so many servers on the proxy. It's not too obvious that for normal minecraft play, you'd type /server main. A lot of applications come in daily, yet I never see those people online on main. The current state of main is kinda just boring... there is no active economy, or even enough people online to work on something together with.

I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.) One of the server lists, back when I was new a noob to SMP.

My first impression was... Confusion, lol. Found the Guest World and entertained myself by jumping about on floating debris in the everlasting ocean.

I kept playing here because... Whilst I was playing on this debris, a player named 'bogeymanh' (Who i've 're-found' recently :'3) came over to me, and gave me an apple or two (Generous, right? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>) Anyway, to me, this was a 'friendship-offering' :3 He took me to his house, and taught me a few things. His house was in Maplebury, Nemenix's old town. I then bought a plot next to his, built my house, and got to know Nem :') This was almost a year ago, hopefully we're still friends today. Haha ;D

My favorite memory is... I can never answer this question... I have soo many good memories and conversations, I couldn't pick one out from the rest. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

A few things I'd change are... Hmm... Not sure how i'd do it, but increasing the forum activity would be absolutely awesome. Ingame is going really well, a Tutorial World being created is a great idea, and will help new members learn the ropes easily. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Nice Event Matt :'D
I found Mine town from... Found it on a server list some think like planet minecraft i do remember it being i page 2 or 3

My first impression was...Didnt get it taken we a while to understand the portals at spawn hub and what was what.

I kept playing here because...When i got on the pvp the people where nice and my friend came on and i remember asking someone to tp him to me

and they gladly did it with out even knowing me.

My favorite memory is...when stick was wearing my head and it looked so weird with his skin couldn't stop laughing.

A few things I'd change are the control of players and the spam plugin on pvp because say if i spell a word wrong and i do *word it says im spamming and i don't believe that the message you get stops people from doing it.

My brother's old friend (and my previous server's owner) was talking about you guys (you guys meaning this server) I origonally presumed this server wasnt worth my time (because of the white-listing aspect) but on Jun 8th I applied and got in :33

You guys are all super nice (thank God I neever spent any time as a guest) I found it to be a nice welcoming coimmunity. (Much different than the other servers I played on)

I LOVE YOU GUYS! I am so not happy that I cant get online and say hey but I will soon!! :3

My favorite memory is...

Oh wow. I'm going to say the day I got promoted to full helper. Lom totally failed in trying to tell me about it. IT was great.

The fact that a) We are over-staffed to begin with and b) our staff are leaving us. It just makes me sad to see such great people leave us.
I found Minetown from...Youtube.. :3

My first impression was...Woah, this is a cool ass server, with nice players, and sick builds <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>.

I kept playing here because...It was the first server I ever found, and it actually made me buy premium (I use to be cracked) I also keep playing here cause of all the fun and cool players on the server.

My favorite memory is...1HWtR1H.png

A few things I'd change are... Get rid of the hub, and make Minetown just 1 server
I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.) A top servers list, it was number 5 or 6 at the time and I had tried a few of the higher ones on the list and did not like them so I kept going down the list.

My first impression was... This is pretty cool, its like playing in living world. Everyone building their homes and towns, selling in the marketplace, and friendly staff, the staff was what differed from other servers, one of my first impressions was how the staff were open and accesible easily to the members.

I kept playing here because... The community drew me in. People were friendly, staff were quick and helpful and overall it was the best server I had ever found. As time went on I became staff and saw that on the otherside the staff were all friends, everyone knew everyone else and the staff were just as likely to be chatting with members as they were each other.

My favorite memory is... Before minetown had the open map I set out one day with Swiftywinds, this was sometime in october 2011, to find the edge of the map cause we needed clay. We equipped ourselves with weapons and armor (this was before enchantments mind you) and just kept walking in one direction till we found the edge of the map. We walked through Vegas and many other smaller towns until we found it. It was a real feeling of accomplishment, everyone wanted to tp out to us to see "the edge of the world", I still remember how much fun it was to just set off on an adventure on the server.

A few things I'd change are... Nothing really, minetown has become a living breathing thing, it changes itself, it evolves and grows as it needs to, members and staff come and go, new servers pop up and sometimes close down, new friends are made and old ones log off never to return. In the end to think anyone could actually change minetown by themselves is foolish, minetown adapts as it needs to, we just help it get along in the rough spots.

I found minetown on a server list. but all my irl friends that i play with herd about It from me.

since it was my first server that wasn't cracked was like wow this is great. online multiplayer is awesome it was totally worth my 20 bucks so

i kept playing on minetown through all these times, because their really is no other server that gives you the sense of family minetown gives you. I guess its our white list, but i would never ever think about removing that whitelist ever.

My favorite memory is...

I have so many I used to spend 8 hours or more a day on minetown. on a regular basis. all the projects have built are still here

A few things I'd change are.. if it were up to me I would completely re work this server. out of all the servers i have played on minetown probably needs the least work, however lately things have changed too much. and our staff is dropping like flies, spawner limiter, beacon limiter and afk kicker would go under a public vote an weather they were to be removed. the vote would be limited to people who had registered on the forums before their implementation... I'm sure you all heard about these on the forums. and I'm sure you heard the staff yelling at me for telling you how to circumvent these. (bad me) all in all minetown is still the best server I have played on. and as much as i may want to leave i simply cannot.

EDIT: i don't want any MTC all i wanted was to share my opinion
I found Minetown from... (server list, friend, etc.) My friend told me about it when I first got the game and I joined and I was walking around and looking around I thought it would be fun so I deiced to join because my friend Pkmnmewtwo showed me the server.

My first impression was... I was amazed as soon I as joined with the warps and plugins you guys had and all the building were awesome at spawn I just knew I had to join as a member so I did.

I kept playing here because... Minetown is like another family of mine and they always helped when I had questions and they still do and im just very thankful of that.

My favorite memory is... When we had the firework shows that japan hosted, when all of the new/coolest updates came out and my fav. and best of all is when I joined was a member it was awesome joining a server like this.

A few things I'd change are... My name lol, I have became a known member of the community.

I found Minetown by clicking on a link in some far out area of the interwebz. I found it when it was first starting out, and since I wasn't all that inclined towards multiplayer at the time, I didn't bother joining at the time (I regret this so much!). After browsing through other servers and briefly playing on many of the highly ranked servers at the time, I came back to Minetown a few months later to give it a go.

I had relatively good first impressions on Minetown. The staff was active, there were lots of players online all the time. I didn't have any ingame friends, so I walked around spawn for the longest time, just looking at the builds.

I was a regular member for a few months walking around spawn as I mentioned earlier, until one day I wrote in chat: "This server is boring, there's nothing to do!" I was IMMEDIATELY teleported by a staff member (Sayomie) and was told to start building. I haven't left since!

My favorite memory is...

When I was playing with Sayomie and Italy on FTB a few months ago, I realized just how fortunate I was to be part of such an amazing community where most everyone is friends and we all help each other out. It was truly inspiring. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

The only thing I'd change about Minetown is the rate at which old staff are leaving, but because I have no control over that, I guess I don't want to change anything! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>