Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] World clean up
Started by [E] sawine

SpaceNarwhal wrote:
Notch may implement Bukkit into Minecraft itself.

And for the trees, I dont see the point in the new trees.

Add the new trees to the admin shop.

One is covered in black dots, and the other is slightly darker.

If you want to tree shape, buy leaves.

~SN

Actually, we might not add anything to the shop, and I think that if you plant a sapling, it will grow the new trees.

So... its only now that I realise I made this poll for nothing. Thanks for voting, but option 1 will be taken.

Closing this thread in 2-3 hours, if ever you feel like commenting.

Edit:
Quote:
So... its only now that I realise...

I actually realised it 2 hours ago, but its now that i say it.
If you plant a sapling, it will grow as a normal tree.

Sadly.

But how do you know if things are griefed/untouched?

I have some secret uhm, "outposts" with stuff in them .-.

~SN

Aw man, I'm sick of the same old place, lol, not really, just hard to find resources.
^
Reload the public mine.

~SN
SpaceNarwhal wrote:
If you plant a sapling, it will grow as a normal tree.

Sadly.

But how do you know if things are griefed/untouched?

I have some secret uhm, "outposts" with stuff in them .-.

~SN

I will mainly clean the big areas that looks like slums and abandonned places. Idk where your secret place is, but if its secret enouph there should not be any problem.

The major part of what im going to do is re-landscape big areas that people dont want to use since they just look too bad.

Example: the westside, behind the cathedral.
Option 1 included expanding the map, so running out of resources shouldn't be an issue, but I'd really be surprised if even 1% of blocks have been mined.
sawine wrote:

Actually, we might not add anything to the shop, and I think that if you plant a sapling, it will grow the new trees.

It will only grow the old trees in old chunks, growing new trees requires planting them in new chunks, and even then they're more rare. (1-in-40 chances have been observed)

From,

Chris.
Hmm, I see.

Theres nothing visible on the surface, and its on the extreme edges of the map <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f620.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":x">:x</object>

~SN
WallRunner wrote:

It will only grow the old trees in old chunks, growing new trees requires planting them in new chunks, and even then they're more rare. (1-in-40 chances have been observed)

From,

Chris.

Hmm i see, well, its just wood afterall. And the map is going to be expanded some more anyway...

But, idk how notch made the game work, but its a bit odd that the new trees will only grow in the new chunks... i guess its just one more reason why im not notch and didnt made 20+ milions this year.