Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] SERVER CLEANUP
Started by [E] Cryston

If we start fresh, we'll lose everything we've had.

~SN
Paulosaurus wrote:
Dear Cryston,

i understand that u are conserned about the square boxes of houses that everyone builds but not everyone can spawn objects to build there houses with to make it look fancy like u can im not going againjst u but this is not ps home where everything is pretty and well made this is minecraft and how are u suposed to make a fancy building out of square blocks in which u do not have alot of i just dont think its right to just go around and say that house is shit and demolish it wheather the person likes it or not knowing that they worked hard on it i am against ppl just building randiom houses near a city or on the citys land with out permossion but still its going to far with that just figured i let u know my opinion about this fact

a fellow player,

Paulosaurus

lol paul he only gets glass and lava, and look at the stuff in espero, none of it was spawned. we made all of that by hand.
Hi,

i am newbie of this site. i give some suggestion. A clean up of some areas, but not everything! Way to much work, and I doubt Cody, or anyone would want a full scrap.

It would deletes all the illegal stuff, and reset every at the same place.

It would delete all the Ugly stuff that every1 hates so much

Display Counters

Thanks
SpaceNarwhal wrote:
If we start fresh, we'll lose everything we've had.

~SN

Don't be so... whats the word, afraid? RISK THING! I mean, we lose everything, thats a con, but WE GET A WHOLE NEW WORLD!!! Thats a pro in my book.
So we should start over everytime we have a few cities? New maps are not half as fun as you think.

Go play singleplayer if you dont want cities and huge buildings.
Well, ok, I guess we could get a forum that lets people say the buildings they want to keep, and we can get them to the new map with MCEdit, so we can keep all those cities.
Clean up the server

29 votes 43.9%

nuff' said
Ok... Ive looked around a bit and I think the best way to do this would be to use MCEdit, a out of game program that allow you to do mostly everything. Its a map editor.

There are 2 options:

1- Clean the griefed and ugly areas of the world and leave the towns where they are atm and expand the world of 1000 or 2000 more blocks.

(This option means that the new features of the latest update like the new trees and lapis will only be found in the newly generated 1000 or 2000 radius wide area)

2- Copy and Paste the currents cities and areas over a newly generated world. That would mean that the ressources would be found everywhere, but the location of your city would change, as the whole world map.

(This option is also very more time consuming and complicated because you would have to specify the areas i need to save.)

Since i cant make polls in a thread answer, please vote on the following topic:

http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/462607-world-clean-up
SERVER ASPLODED PROBLEM SOLVED
i think a map recet cuz i think it would me nice with a new start dont get me wrong though i would still help cleaning up the server.