Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] SERVER CLEANUP
Started by [E] Cryston

Happy If you've ever explored the possibility of creating something out of anything other then dirt then i would respect your opinion.
I like you have to buy ground to make a city on it mambye is it a idea so you get al over the places cities
Raventeeth wrote:
I like you have to buy ground to make a city on it mambye is it a idea so you get al over the places cities

That's my point, albeit it not very well written.

If you want to make a town for people to live in you should have to pay the Minetown council tax for the land, because no doubt you'll be selling lots for like 5 gold each

Profit!

If you don't want to pay for a large amount of land/town deed, then buy a lot in someone elses town, or live in the wild on your own!

Simples <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

The 'town deed' which you would need to buy could include certain goodies as standard, such as a warp portal, a vault/bank and a city hall & hospital

I like it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
To everyone who thinks we should completely reset or destroy everything but the cities and a few select places:

I'm going to be blunt. Those ideas are retarded. You have obviously never spent countless hours and hours into a single massive project, that looks impossible to finish from the start. You have not faced the hardships of fixing your mistakes, such as going back to fix broked places, spots you missed, places where your measurements didn't add up the way you wanted them to. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, but I am someone who doesn't stop on his projects. There is no end to my sky city, there never will be. I will continue extending it until my clicking finger curls up and falls off my hand, and even then I'll find a way. Seeing something you have spent innumberable hours working on, fixing, building, extending upon, seeing it destroyed over some fucking dye and a pretty blue stone, it is a horrible horrible thing. Until you make something large scale, and have it destroyed on you, like my tower on the old Creative map, you can not know the feeling. People who have not put time into a creation should not have a say here. Several people, such as cryston, some of the city builders, monument makers, and myself should be the ones deciding this, not the people who have made like three tiny shacks over by that mine. It is unfair to those of us who have spent time and effort into making grand things on the server, quite a slap in the face in fact. That is really all I have to say on this matter. Do what you like, but keep this in mind for all the rest of us.
Just to add to this... I don't really like the main minetown spawn area, i seem to get horrible framerate for a while if im walking around there...

And was that church MCedited in?

I hope not, i think everything should be hand built.

But i'm a purist like that...
Well worm, lets take a another game into example. Like The Legend of Zelda. It Has Lots of towns. And A Good Balance of Plans and Castles. that what i say we has <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Draednar wrote:
To everyone who thinks we should completely reset or destroy everything but the cities and a few select places:

I'm going to be blunt. Those ideas are retarded. You have obviously never spent countless hours and hours into a single massive project, that looks impossible to finish from the start. You have not faced the hardships of fixing your mistakes, such as going back to fix broked places, spots you missed, places where your measurements didn't add up the way you wanted them to. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, but I am someone who doesn't stop on his projects. There is no end to my sky city, there never will be. I will continue extending it until my clicking finger curls up and falls off my hand, and even then I'll find a way. Seeing something you have spent innumberable hours working on, fixing, building, extending upon, seeing it destroyed over some fucking dye and a pretty blue stone, it is a horrible horrible thing. Until you make something large scale, and have it destroyed on you, like my tower on the old Creative map, you can not know the feeling. People who have not put time into a creation should not have a say here. Several people, such as cryston, some of the city builders, monument makers, and myself should be the ones deciding this, not the people who have made like three tiny shacks over by that mine. It is unfair to those of us who have spent time and effort into making grand things on the server, quite a slap in the face in fact. That is really all I have to say on this matter. Do what you like, but keep this in mind for all the rest of us.

^This

I would be extremely pissed if my consulate building, which I took a week to plan and another to build by myself, my observatory, all of Oasis, and Azimuth were gone.

Not saying that my structures are anything as monumental as say the Sphere, or Atlantis, but I would be PISSED to see them just dissappear.

If the map expands, we'll get these things, no reason to blow up everything we've already done.
What if you could keep a town and place it wherever you like on a new map, does that not sound promising?

I'm sure the people in charge feel the same way about their projects, but with a clean slate comes a blank canvass for something better.

I have spent a large amount of time on projects before, but its not like im unwilling to do it again... It's the point of minecraft.

But my first point I stick to.

*has nothing to do but post on the forum because the server isnt working*
That was the idea TEF so that we could maintain the cities and projects and just make more room for other places as well as dealing with the update shift. just taking hte best parts of this map and importing them into a new one that will take into consideration the change in resources
Sounds great.