Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] SERVER CLEANUP
Started by [E] Cryston

When the map border expands, that'll create more than enough new chunks for everyone to get the new block types. No need to destroy anything.

I suggest a fund drive to move us to a dedicated box so we can expand the border when hMod gets updated.

-- CSLLP

Edit: Seems I wasn't the first person to suggest expansion as a solution.
they wouldn't be identical, but they should flow. Remember, they weren't randomly jutting out the first time they were generated, and there's no seam where the map was expanded and new chunks generated.
I agree completely that we absolutely have to preserve inventory across the reset if it happens. we can't put people at square one and we could let people pick up the valuable blocks that are currently placed.

Now after seeing post update and the fact that so much of the mechanics hinge on the dyes and lapis, I think we need to reset the server map. We should take the most prominent structures from the regular server and save them and then move them into a new map with sufficient space between them. I'm looking at the new mechanics and thinking about all the changes that'd have to be done with the current map that would be just too much work.

Also if we do re-generate parts of the map we have no idea where the mines are of people and will cause lots of trouble that way. the connect over chunk rule would possibly make every opening from a mine connect to a cave so we would end up with quite the swiss cheese of land.

I suggest we move immediately into a request for carryover thread and see which cities would best combine to let most people keep at least one home. All items stored in vaults should be carried over for this purpose as this isn't an attempt to go to square 1 but instead to make room for all the new things that won't exist if we start up the old server with this update in place.

we will try to stay off of people's toes but as i see it it's the only way to integrate a whole new type of ore we never had. if this was singleplayer we'd have to restart too or explore farther from home, so it only makes sense that we'd have to do this for our server since it's pretty much community multiplayer. i'm going to repost this in another thread and post a poll to see the response to the revision but the current poll definitely supports clean up with partial preservation and this seems to be the method to do it.
^

Why are you still here? Take a hint.
Mrpiggy, it's not your fault. You're not harming anybody by chatting on the forums. Just don't let yourself believe that you will be unbanned for your presence here.
You really should find a new server though lol... don't you miss being able to play?
Mr Piggy can we get back to the topic this thread was made for instead of brooding on the fact that you are still in the forums even after being banned.
I apologize, Cryston
Oh man.

RESTART.

People say that minecraft is about exploring, and I agree.

Dr.pepper, who as far as I know is new, has started ANOTHER DAMN TOWN. Wallrunner made that floatcity (I love that) Drae made the skycity Nate made frozen GACKT is making China (just lol) goggy made chestville Crial made crescent (I think) And Jp made espero (Didnt you?) AND Pompous and.. other made Valor. Now, most people dont want an update due to items. You are not risk takers. Minecraft is about making something epic, dying then doing it all again, dying then going somewhere else to live. Thats the fun of it. Also, people dont want to do this because of their towns, and thats COMPLETELY missing the point, there is currently TOO MANY DAMN TOWNS. A reset would work. We have so many people who create towns, so It will soon become like the current map, full of towns and population and stuff. so yeah.

Reading back on that, I'm making absolutely no sense. but you get the idea <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>