Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] SERVER CLEANUP
Started by [E] Cryston

I Agree with Draedner, If my fucking buildings got destroyed i would snap. theyre not made out of mud... smooth stone and glass is a fucking bitch to produce on the scale that i have.

i would be slightly annoyed if we just kept cities and wiped out everything else. some people (like me) don't like building in cities but prefer going out into the countryside so they can create their house with more freedom to use different shapes, sizes and forms.

i agree that there is too much clutter, and random small stone houses, but a lot of the cities are also full of boring box houses, they're just surrounded by giant cobblestone walls rather than out in the countryside.

i do think however that keeping say at least one home each then resetting the chunks is a good idea, as it means we will keep only our favourite homes or objects and the best things will survive. it will improve the aesthetic of the map as a whole.

i have two homes, and have never built anything else. both are out in the countryside, one in the shape of ET and one like a glass conservatory built into the mountainside near the south tower, which is incomplete. to be honest i rarely travel to the ET one anymore, so could sacrifice it if neccessary, and i'm sure other people could do the same with stuff they've built but largely abandoned.

but i don't think we should only keep the cities and reset everything else. a lot of the most interesting designs are out in the country.

Dear Cryston,

i understand that u are conserned about the square boxes of houses that everyone builds but not everyone can spawn objects to build there houses with to make it look fancy like u can im not going againjst u but this is not ps home where everything is pretty and well made this is minecraft and how are u suposed to make a fancy building out of square blocks in which u do not have alot of i just dont think its right to just go around and say that house is shit and demolish it wheather the person likes it or not knowing that they worked hard on it i am against ppl just building randiom houses near a city or on the citys land with out permossion but still its going to far with that just figured i let u know my opinion about this fact

a fellow player,

Paulosaurus
Keep all manmade structures, delete untouched land .-.

~SN
Would you leave the server completely if we restarted?

And Isn't Oasis griefed to hell and no one ever goes there.
SERVER-RESET FOR MOAR LAPIS LAZULIII!!!!
TEFAlpha9 wrote:
Just to add to this... I don't really like the main minetown spawn area, i seem to get horrible framerate for a while if im walking around there...

And was that church MCedited in?

I hope not, i think everything should be hand built.

But i'm a purist like that...

Whats wrong with the spawn ? I visited more than 50+ servers and our spawn was the one of the best.... how would you like it to look, like a big square ?

Exactly.
Why don't we use a sort of Passover method:

The server cleanup is set for a specific date. People are notified well in advance and are given a couple weeks to post a sign with an admin-defined phrase (for uniformity) at all exterior doors of any buildings they own which they wish to preserve. On the cleanup date, anything without the sign on the door will be destroyed.
i rather we start fresh instead of a cleanup.

why? because most of my buildings have been griefed and i don't really have the time or resources to fix them up at the moment. my buildings will definitely end up in the clean up list and i don't want that.

also there is a brand of excitement in starting fresh. we get to explore and will probably find better locations for whatever we are building. also with the influx of new players, it allows them a chance to catch up with us already established players when we are all now in the same level.

also a lot of people have probably left/inactive (like me inactive <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>) so we also cannot take care of our works and have plenty of wasted land.