Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Ore ? What do u think!
Started by [E] dead [1]

Guys .. I meant ADDING IT , AND NOT REMOVING GOLD , DIA -_-
It's hard to predict really

I think that a change to ems would be great, but it has down side too

Ups

Solid medium

No uses so only used for currency

Downs

Hard to change from current currency

Also, only emerald, the point of using gold diamond and iron is you can be more precise, where as emeralds cannot be split up so emeralds would have to be low value compared to diamond to make up for this effect

To be honest, emerald would be an unrealistic economy

It will have a use in the future... That's sure

What we need is an item added into the game just for currency. Never will have any other use

If possable more than one

And I think this will happen soon

As single and multiplayer is being merged there will be more need for currency due to constant player interaction, and I am totaly sure a currency will be added

Wether that be coins or gems it will save the economy on all servers

I predict a way. Sometime , of taking currency from one server and taking it to another

That won't be insane for a long time but... Might happen

So basically

I think it would be pointless, no, totaly stupid to change to ems now, they arnt designed for multiplayer currency, at least they are not effective as multiplayer currency, and I am sure soon there will be with the merge of single and multiplayer. I say we just wait

Keep it the same

In the mean time, maybe add ems as super money, worth stacks or diamonds

Used in huge trades

Stuff like that aswell as normal diamonds and gold

I say we wait....just wait....
jallaf wrote:

Emerald Ore is an extremely rare block that drops Emeralds.

you-dont-say.jpg
'Prezz wrote:
jallaf wrote:

Emerald Ore is an extremely rare block that drops Emeralds.

you-dont-say.jpg
Untitled.png
BARNEY626 wrote:

They're used for villager trading. You can buy items from villagers, depending on their profession (e.g. from a farmer you can get meat and wool, and from a blacksmith you can get diamond and iron items). The cost of an item depends on the item itself (don't expect everything to cost 1 emerald). Some items may come into trade more rarely than others.
I cant wait for it! Emerald is my favourite gemstone ^_^
I think it would make such a good currency because it's useless, but it's so hard to phase in <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

WE SHOULD GRIND UP STAFF AND TRADE IN MOD POWDER.
Palonti wrote:
BARNEY626 wrote:

They're used for villager trading. You can buy items from villagers, depending on their profession (e.g. from a farmer you can get meat and wool, and from a blacksmith you can get diamond and iron items). The cost of an item depends on the item itself (don't expect everything to cost 1 emerald). Some items may come into trade more rarely than others.

I say you've been proved wrong.

That's currency... <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f610.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":|">:|</object>
The hardest part about adding Emerald as a currency is distributing it to the population of Minetown, how is it obtained is it exchangeable with other forms of currency and what is its findablity ratio with diamond (is it harder or easier to find than diamond)?

I personally think the added currency could be really awesome, but i also see inflation in the markets with the currency being added, people trying to just obtain emerald. Another question is, can it be used to make things? or it is just currency, if it isnt used to make things, then it will most likely flop, because what good is a rock that isnt needed to make anything.