Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Questions and thoughts about MCMMO
Started by [E] antonyoo

Okay I've tried really hard not to say anything, but dunsjohn you really need to lay off of subignition. He's provided nothing but well thought out replies with stable evidence, showing no signs (from what I can read) of immaturity or ignorance. Its impossible for him not take your comments personally when most of what you've said in this thread has been directed at him, and you continue to unjustifiably call him a child.

Unfortunately you're the only one being immature in this thread :/

edit- I think the best way to fix the disarm would be to just have the item move directly to the players inventory (if this is possible I don't know) that way they have to spend a moment putting it back giving the dis-armer a chance to strike. Also double drops ruining the economy was the first thing I worried about when MCMMO started up, but with the shear amount of time it would take to get to lvl1000 I don't think it would be all that much of a problem. Most people will leave the server after a month or two anyway and it gives players who enjoy the server an incentive to keep coming back. Personally I love MCMMO, and even if they have to take out double drops to balance things I would still love to see it back on Minetown. Honestly I wake up everyday hoping its back, and check every time I log on.
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
You are ignoring several things Antonyoo, it is near impossible to get to 1000 within even a months time. Disarm can have the facet of stealing swords, but it's the only way someone with disarm can win a fight. Without it, the skill is useless.

When I say look at your own benefits, I'm talking about the bleed effect on the sword and the faster leveling/extra damage you are getting through it. This allows you to hit people very hard, very fast, regardless of the type of sword.

And the sword doesn't fling forward, it goes straight down where the person is standing, so unless they move, they keep it.

Just because it is hard to MAX OUT a skill within a month does not mean it is hard to train. Even if it took several months to max it out, I believe we need to consider the long-run consequences. This has been mentioned before.

And also, I do not believe that it is our job to give unarmed people a fighting chance against those who have brought a weapon. This point has been made by several people, including myself. And if you disagree with this statement, than we just have a fundamentally different way of viewing what constitutes a fair balance for unarmed people.

And I personally believe that the function swords and axes provide will add a new twist to PVP. And I feel as though it is unfair of you to compare the effects of swords and axes to disarm, because the former two skills does not lead to people simply trying to steal and run away. They encourage people to kill their opponents.

And let me remind you that I am not the only one benefiting from the skills. Before mcmmo was implemented, most if not all pvpers used swords. So I disagree with your claim that this new change has given me an advantage over others. If you would like to consider "others" as those people who focus on disarm, I disagree with your view that they are "pvpers" in the first place. In my opinion, they are robbers, who "steal" rather than "kill".

antonyoo wrote:
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
You are ignoring several things Antonyoo, it is near impossible to get to 1000 within even a months time. Disarm can have the facet of stealing swords, but it's the only way someone with disarm can win a fight. Without it, the skill is useless.

When I say look at your own benefits, I'm talking about the bleed effect on the sword and the faster leveling/extra damage you are getting through it. This allows you to hit people very hard, very fast, regardless of the type of sword.

And the sword doesn't fling forward, it goes straight down where the person is standing, so unless they move, they keep it.

Just because it is hard to MAX OUT a skill within a month does not mean it is hard to train. Even if it took several months to max it out, I believe we need to consider the long-run consequences. This has been mentioned before.

And also, I do not believe that it is our job to give unarmed people a fighting chance against those who have brought a weapon. This point has been made by several people, including myself. And if you disagree with this statement, than we just have a fundamentally different way of viewing what constitutes a fair balance for unarmed people.

And I personally believe that the function swords and axes provide will add a new twist to PVP. And I feel as though it is unfair of you to compare the effects of swords and axes to disarm, because the former two skills does not lead to people simply trying to steal and run away. They encourage people to kill their opponents.

And let me remind you that I am not the only one benefiting from the skills. Before mcmmo was implemented, most if not all pvpers used swords. So I disagree with your claim that this new change has given me an advantage over others. If you would like to consider "others" as those people who focus on disarm, I disagree with your view that they are "pvpers" in the first place. In my opinion, they are robbers, who "steal" rather than "kill".

Late reply but I agree with everything save the first sentence. The only consequences I see are leveling up too quickly and the disarm skill (as you mentioned and explained quite thoroughly about how it is unbalanced). Because everyone has the option to use skills, there'll be little no no economic impact (in fact I'm certain prices for items will remain the same, despite what others have said). Sure, maxing out a skill will take a month or more. Consider this, though. All skills are passively leveled up through every day activities, on the hypothetical that someone gathers everything needed for their own survival.

I also agree 100% with you about disarm in pvp, in that disarm will have limited to no use in actual pvp combat. Seriously, who brings a knife to a gun fight, right? The person with a gun has a significant advantage. The person with a sword should have a significant advantage over someone with a fist.

IMPORTANT: I'm not attacking you by disagreeing with one of your points. This message will be attached to each and every post I make from now on because of everyone believing I'm attacking them. I am merely disagreeing with your idea and/or thought on a topic and attempting to explain why. Please don't take offense.