Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Take some words off the chat filter ?
Started by [E] Coffeey

I have never thought of, or even remotely considered 'lololololololol' and 'LOL' as spam darth.

I also think that these 2 simple words add to conversations greatly. No matter how simple these 2 words are, I think banning them would actually cause chat to be a lot more boring. 'LOL' and 'lolololololol' express how funny something is in chat. Reducing it to 'lol' is just taking away the fun, no matter how silly that sounds its true.

I have never seen anybody complain about the words 'LOL' or 'lolollololol' and banning it in my opinion is just for the sake of adding to things to the filter. Because you can say 'how can these words contribute to chat', well i can say 'how do they contribute to the filter'

They dont, its not spam nor was it ever. There has never been a big complaint over the words 'LOL' and 'lolololololol' and i doubt there ever will be.

I can understand why the common words like Fuck, Nigger, Bitch are all banned, and I have no problem with that. But taking simple words like 'lolololololol' and 'LOL' is frankly ridiculous. Not only is it not protecting anybody from anything, since its not spam, it is, even though 2 small phrases, taking away from a whole lot of humour on chat, and It adds nothing to the filter because its not spam.

I really think you need to listen to the community on this one Darth, You can ban all the curses you want because thats what the censor is for, but PLEASE unban words like 'LOL' and 'lolololololol' because it servers no purpose

I personally dont care about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ?????????????? because ive never seen it in chat before regularly anyways.
I don't like how i can't say assistance, assignment, assitosis,Glass, Pass, Mass, Grass ,Crass

Bass, Gassy, Hassle Massive Passive Lass Compass .... anything with ass in it seems to get replaced with pie on my client .___.
Actual curses and slurs are fine to censor, but things like lololololol and lag are not spam, and not offensive, therefore should not be blocked.

I also want out with the caps filter. Not just the new one, a cap filter altogether. I mean, if bigger letters hurt your feelings...
Xx Komfy598 wrote:
I don't like how i can't say assistance, assignment, assitosis,Glass, Pass, Mass, Grass ,Crass

Bass, Gassy, Hassle Massive Passive Lass Compass .... anything with ass in it seems to get replaced with pie on my client .___.

The first two should have been fixed as of two days ago, and the rest should have been fixed as of a week or two ago, back when I started trying to fix/improve the filter.
Cankles Mcgee wrote:
I also want out with the caps filter. Not just the new one, a cap filter altogether. I mean, if bigger letters hurt your feelings...

Big letters don't hurt my feelings... they hurt my chances of having my post read.
Xx Komfy598 wrote:

You need a compPie? Well I think I can Pieist you. I also have a whole mPie of glPie and grPie if you need some
Well i think its pretty clear that the community doesnt feel that 'lololololol' and 'LOL' are spam, nor hurtful to anybody.

There is now officialy no reason of having them on the filter. Can they please be removed
I don't mind most of these words only nigger bastard and faggot. I would keep those blocked because they are derogatory terms that people shouldn't use at all.
I think all those words should be banned except lag, LOL and lololololol. these three words are not offensive in any way and it is just silly to ban them. However, although the majority of the pepole on minetown will not mind about many of those words, there are children on the serverand all of the words that I didn't mention could be used or taken offensively. However, one other blockage that is really anoying is the blockage on "u mad?" whenever you ask someone something like "have u made it yet?" it comes out as something like "have pudding e it yet?"
I am only deeply offended by the phrase "lololololololol"