Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Take some words off the chat filter ?
Started by [E] Coffeey

I still done see the point of this thread - I mean I agree censoring crap is a little ridiculous...bitch is not even considered a swear anymore, and can be played on the television....lag, is dumb to censor...

but really though coffey; I see no need to change the chat filter. Like I saw someone said before, none of the words on the list really contribute to a positive conversation or add anything constructive to the chat - and the words that it says instead are somewhat humorous. Asking to take nazis off - well i think that word being added goes directly back to a kid a month or so ago who mad a swazticka and had a hitler skin. Me and a few other users started joking they should change it to fluffy bunnies. Any reference to nazis can be perceived as derogatory to someone who is jewish, and even to some germans; no matter how obscure like "grammar nazi"

When people are saying lololoooolool aand LOL and shit - its udually just spam and they are being annoying anyways - maybe not always but still....and lag....every time it starts to lag this is the chat;

bobby420: LAG

jesus666: LAAAAAAG

randomdouche: LAG

coffey: lag

Mac9999:lag

all the while the mass spamming of the word lag is not helping the lag that you are experienceing <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> its just stupid - I can see its a little ridiculous to have this filtered but rlly its not a big deal....
Ghostass wrote:
I still done see the point of this thread - I mean I agree censoring crap is a little ridiculous...bitch is not even considered a swear anymore, and can be played on the television....lag, is dumb to censor...

but really though coffey; I see no need to change the chat filter. Like I saw someone said before, none of the words on the list really contribute to a positive conversation or add anything constructive to the chat - and the words that it says instead are somewhat humorous. Asking to take nazis off - well i think that word being added goes directly back to a kid a month or so ago who mad a swazticka and had a hitler skin. Me and a few other users started joking they should change it to fluffy bunnies. Any reference to nazis can be perceived as derogatory to someone who is jewish, and even to some germans; no matter how obscure like "grammar nazi"

When people are saying lololoooolool aand LOL and shit - its udually just spam and they are being annoying anyways - maybe not always but still....and lag....every time it starts to lag this is the chat;

bobby420: LAG

jesus666: LAAAAAAG

randomdouche: LAG

coffey: lag

Mac9999:lag

all the while the mass spamming of the word lag is not helping the lag that you are experienceing <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> its just stupid - I can see its a little ridiculous to have this filtered but rlly its not a big deal....

Yeah i have no problem with the censor blocking lag and nazi. I have exlplained why LOL and lolool shouldnt be banned. You should propably read my whole post
If possible, the filter should be a bit "less smart".

"Can I have a bit Chris" comes out as "Can I have a Cookieris"... I like Cookierises <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
This is off topic, but since this is coffeey's thread:

I found out the name of your creepy profile picture and i found a video which made sense.

Your Movie is creepy as shit but this make it better.
schaefer1231 (The Troll) wrote:
This is off topic, but since this is coffeey's thread:

I found out the name of your creepy profile picture and i found a video which made sense.

Your Movie is creepy as shit but this make it better.

At the end: I was cured alright.

Coffeey is a bunny!!
So its pretty clear, everyone, wants LOL and lololololol unbanned.

If the community, the people who use chat, want LOL and lolololol unbanned, then there is no point in keeping it banned.

If it is going to be kept banned, I would be very grateful if someone who has a say in this plugin could reply to this and explain to people why it is being kept banned...
I was a sailor... I want SPAM to be unbanned. It's an important part of my diet.

It's the only way forward.
It should be required by law to watch A Clockwork Orange. Used to be an icon everyone knew... Now there's just Justin Bieber.
bump

can a dev or admin read my last post
Oh wow I remember when we first got the filter, We hated it of course.

But 'lol' and 'lag' is banned? Really? That's a joke right, you guys are pulling my leg!