Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Take some words off the chat filter ?
Started by [E] Coffeey

I swear if Crap stays on the filter and n*gger isnt im goanna start shooting people in the knee with my arrows and you will be all

"I used to be a trolling dumbass who pissed people off, but then I took an arrow to the knee"
As i do somewhat agree with you guys on what words should and shouldn't be censored, i think the fact is that there not censored because of what they are, or what they mean, but to people abusing them because they can, saying it multiple times, or using it to one target many times. but then again, i did not censor any of them, so that is just a mere opinion/guess.
Ass should really be unfiltered... I rarely see people using it and it gets annoying when trying to type assistant or assassin....
CubicCrack wrote:
Ass should really be unfiltered... I rarely see people using it and it gets annoying when trying to type assistant or assassin....

Agreed. I don't know how many times I've been censored for assistant or assassin. Worst of all, I love physics, and sometimes I talk in local to my friend and I like using words from physics... like mass... mass is a form of weight/gravitational acceleration... mass is mass... why the hell is that censored? As well... isn't it quite easy to code the script in a way that ONLY the word ass is censored? I mean, on many other games with language filters you can type assistant or assassin or mass or anything, but the words by themselves get censored.
Also, if you say something like "oh it's ok, i'll finish it" it comes out like "oh it's ok, i'll finiPUDDING"
I vote nigger and faggot be censored as those are the only words on the list that constitute as hate speech whos sole purpose is to bring somebody down.
agreed ^^^^^^^^
A lot of the obvious words are obvious.

However Coffeey.

I think you need to consider that Minetown hosts a lot of younger players ages 12 and under.

Banning most of those words may seem rediculous to older poeple, although I think that the filter is in place to have a good influence over our tiny todlers.

While I agree banning words like "LOL" is unnecessary.
I only think really offensive words should be censored. As others have said, it gets really annoying when it censores words like Brass.

Also Ass could refer to a Donkey...

So I voted for (excuse my language, as these are all words I hate) (Typed in random characters as a precaution) N!g9er, N@z!, and F@g90+ to be censored as well as Fuck and Asshole, but Ass, Crap and Shit should not be censored but are still offensive. Lolololololol, LOL, and Lag shouldn't be censored at all.

Also i think for abuse of words taken off the censored list should be a few minuites jailtime.
^Noob typing FTW