Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Take some words off the chat filter ?
Started by [E] Coffeey

This is a poll to see how people feel about the swear filter.

What words should be banned:

And also im implying that the words least voted on should be unbanned...
Ooooh Coffeey you swore....youre gonna be in so much trouble!
My opinion :

Recently some words have been added to the censor which I, and others strongly disagree with.

The words I personally agree with on the swear filter is F*ck, C*nt and N**ger.

The words I disagree with on the filter which is in order of Strongly disagree downwards to just basically disagree:

Ass, Crap, Nazi, Shit, Asshole.

I find it ridiculous that words like Ass and Crap are censored, and words like Faggot and Bastard arent...

It is frankly, ridiculous that words like Crap and Ass are censored, because i doubt there is an age group on the server which can count these as curses. Everywhere a person goes they are going to encounter foul language, there is no point in trying to stop it, people will just have to deal with it.

I would also like to point out that writing 'lolololololololololol' is shaved down to 'lol' when you type it...

Also typing LOL is dissalowed.

I would like to propose this poll to staff to re consider the censor and adjust it to make it friendly for ALL age groups, including the more mature.

It is the internet.. not a childminders. We should not have to worry about small children getting offended by words on the internet, leave that to the parents.
Whats a childminders?
playschool, people who minds small children for a living.
I have voted for N*gger and Faggot.

These are the only words that people would be offended by - and I understand that.

To people who are offended by any of the other words in the filter, leave your bedroom. There is a whole world out there for you to discover!

Where people swear a lot, deal with it.
Crap, ass, and nazi should not be filtered in my opinion. Crap is not considered a swear word, it is used as an unoffensive replacement for them. Ass is the mildest swear word imaginable and more often than not, it isnt used to be derogatory. Nazi is a member of an extremist olitical party. While Nazis did, and continue to, commit terrible crimes, the word itself is not derogatory in any way, ESPECIALLY when used in a historical context.

The word lag should be filtered. This is NOT opinion like the first part was. Its fact. Any sentence containing the word should be converted to this, or something similar: "Hey guys, I had something useless and whiny to say, but you already know so I'll just shut up!" We will just have to think of something else to call Imthelag. The sheer amount of chat that will be removed by filtering the word lag will probably remove most of the actual server lag as well.
Coffeey wrote:
playschool, people who minds small children for a living.

Oh, like a daycare. Got it.
some one voted for lag and lololololol?

darn puritans trolling the server

(puritans thought books were a waste of time and fictional ones were a sin because they were made up )

EDIT: sorry Fettuccini, didnt know you were the one who voted for it, didnt think of what you put as an explination for it, kind of agree with you on it now.

your post wasnt there when i started typing
The people who voted for "Crap" and "Lag" and "LOL" must have pretty overprotective parents to not let them say crap...