Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Correctly handling 1.0 world
Started by [E] zαк∂αηк

BARNEY626 wrote:
Ok

I am seeing Zak take a different take as I thought he was...

You are saying no one can build in the wilderness

Erm

No way!!!

John when you said most resources will be directed to the new world how is that POSSABLE to say without the knowledge that you will or won't be able to transfer mats from one world to the other, plz don't make wild asumptions like this...

(lol I like playing lawyer!)

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

This is not an assumption, it was stated in a previous thread, when the new server hardware was first announced (that was like what, a month ago? I don't feel like pulling the thread up, as I never commented in that thread so it'd be very hard to find with the billions of threads we have). So, you want to play lawyer, huh? I take that as an insult that you'd be so ignorant of what I say. I never say anything unless I know it is true. Otherwise, I'd state I'm unsure. So Barney, don't try to correct me without proof. Also, look at the title. MAIN world... kind of obvious most resources will be devoted there. It was also stated that you CAN bring items from the old world to the new, and vice versa. It would be connected via a portal just like the event world and guest world are. So Barney, just shut up... and I'm not going to apologize for this paragraph as you did insult me. Good job making yourself look like an idiot. (I assume you'll be deleting your post shortly or editing your post, but I quoted you so that people would know what you said, regardless of what you do).

Now then, to the more respectful debate with zak: About the first paragraph you wrote... I was saying guests spawn at the main world spawn. That's my point... they don't spawn in the guest world. They have to go to the guest world by reading the signs (which function as instructions on how to get started on MT). Sorry, but I think I confused you with it. My point was that, that the guests go to the main world first then the guest world as guests, then back to the main world as members. Again, sorry if I confused you before.

As Danni said, it's a 10000 block radius. = 10000*2=20000*20000=400000000 surface area... 400 million blocks. Sorry, I don't use commas in numbers which is why I wrote it two different ways. Back on topic... that's a lot of area. Of course the spawn city will look nice. Look at our current spawn city. It looks nice. It has cobble structures that even look good with the default texture pack (mainly the admin shop).

Your third response... you only proved my point with "which means everytime someone is near some derelict cobble structure." That's exactly what I said, however you added some more detail...

As to the hardware, it runs I think two other games and the mumble server. Not very much resources spent on those. However, they do prioritize resources according to use. The creative world gets less resources than the main world (always has, but right now it is down while they are making a new creative world... wanting it back so I can test some builds). I also know that war world gets less (or so I believe due to observation). When in the war world, I notice a lot more lag (even with 50 people on) and the map renders far more slowly than the main world (which led me to the assumption that resources are split among worlds).

One time product companies only account for 30ish% of the world market... the market would fall due to those companies disappearing. I also did not say companies should advertise. Please re-read what I said. I said their main goal (ask ANY business professor or whatever you want about this, they'll all agree with me) was to appeal to returning consumers. Look at the media today. A lot of it is due to people like you or me. We tell people about this company that we like. Our friends get curious, go there, and become returning consumers as well. Which reminded me of another thing. Do you know of any one time products that are NEEDED for survival in the real world? I sure don't. Don't give me bull about vaccines, they aren't needed. Sorry, but someone tried that argument with me and failed miserably... we don't need vaccines to live.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. I hate seeing all these crappy places. However, I'm taking the objective seat here. You (no offense) seem blind to being objective, and are put for personal bias. Every post you put (not every, but you get my idea) on this thread says something along the lines of "I hate seeing these crappy buildings, I want them out." You use "I" way too much, which only goes to prove this is your personal wanting rather than something that would actually benefit all of minetown. Yes, Minetown would look freaking awesome of all these crappy buildings disappeared. However, many members would disappear (leave to another server). I might be one of them, even. No, I don't build crappy looking things, however I like the diversity and freedom MT has to offer. Internal image isn't as important as the external one. The external image is this: You're free to do what you want so long as you don't do anything against another player. Internal (the one you want is): Build what I want or gtfo. That's pretty much the basis of it. Sure, you can' build whatever you want, but you only have limited options of what supplies to use. Do you see what I'm saying now?

Fettucini pretty much said what I wanted to say (which I'm saying in this thread) except the short and not so sweet way, hehe.

Wug went to prove my previous points even further.

The new world is being made because we are going through a revolution, so to speak. Mainly because there have been many complaints. Also, the new world is being made due to the fact that the server has issues when we explore too much in the current main world. I've been told (and threatened of temp ban) to stop exploring sometimes... yup... no more exploring for me, hehe.

Why do we need to be professional? We don't charge our members, I see no need. We're a donation only server.

"Its saying ''look at this pretty place, maybe i can live/build here one day!'' LOLOLOLOL Maybe I can live/build here one day means you can't build there NOW. Danni's point proven.

Here's something about crap cities. If you don't like them, go to a different city. Most cities are planned, with residential districts. You're probably looking at cities that originally started off with regional self service, and not mctowns. Using mctowns, cities are organized and neat looking (for the most part, not including the cobble/rack blocks).

pvp is not disallowed. You can choose to turn it on, go ahead. That is perfectly fine, it's not against the rules. If someone else has pvp on, you can take their items too. You won't get banned, as both of you had pvp on.
I have to agree with the censorship point. Some people hate cobble, others love how it looks. Same goes with other blocks and styles. There is no universal standard of beauty, everyone has different interpretations. I like to be free to do what I want, I'm personally a huge opponent of any sort of regulation like that, and I personally don't think I'd stick around if the server was regulated. Also, what if people don't like to live in towns where a small handful of people make massive profits selling something there is plenty of: land. Some people like being surrounded by wilderness and building however they feel like.
wrote:
Where did you get this data? Even if it was true, why would we spend time and energy catering to players who are so impatient that they expect join a 1.5 year old server for a sandbox game and immediately do whatever they want so they quit after one]

As I expect you're aware, this server is one of many others like it; it's very easy to lose a newcomer as there are plenty of alternatives. Also, a lot of newcomers come straight from singleplayer where things like land protection don't even exist and everything is confusing and alien. It's not that people just want to come on and screw around, it's that they are unfamiliar with SOP's The less confusing it is, the better the retention rate of newcomers will be.
Ok i see what people are saying, and i think my idea would be best ( the one with a shell ). The idea behind that one is that the cities protect newcomers from eyesores, yet... beyond them cities its free build. People would be able to build, but it would be away from spawn - this fixes most problems as factions will have their own land, newcomers see only good builds yet people are free to build what they wish in the wildernesses.... I think this compromises everything ( also dunsjohn, i use i a lot because this is subjective, its a suggestion, its not object, this isnt going to happen, just something i believe should but the newer idea seems to incorporate all
I thought that's more or less what we have now... o_O Maybe a wider area of regulated buildings, but that seems very similar to the current setup
ⓩⓐⓚ ⓓⓐⓝⓚ wrote:
Ok i see what people are saying, and i think my idea would be best ( the one with a shell ). The idea behind that one is that the cities protect newcomers from eyesores, yet... beyond them cities its free build. People would be able to build, but it would be away from spawn - this fixes most problems as factions will have their own land, newcomers see only good builds yet people are free to build what they wish in the wildernesses.... I think this compromises everything ( also dunsjohn, i use i a lot because this is subjective, its a suggestion, its not object, this isnt going to happen, just something i believe should but the newer idea seems to incorporate all

Danni already stated that the city would have a protection outside the walls where NO ONE can build due to planned projects that will happen there. Your "new" idea was already addressed before you had it. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> hehe. Danni wins.

EDIT: If you knew it wasn't going to happen, why try to argue with everyone to get them to see your point? We were never blind to your point. In fact, everyone who posted agreed they didn't like cobble and such, but to regulate building is to create differentiation, which no one likes.
Ok John

I take your insult...

I will not be editing any of my posts as I am sure many people can see it was a little bit of freindly humor, I am astonished to find you especially, who I thought as respectable and I could have a little joke with, to have such a massively over done reaction, I am not showing any anger in anyway as you seem to of

I was not trying to out do you if it seemed that way, I was just massing about...

I apologise for offending you so much and hope that we can still get along in the future...

As for information, I am sorry for my fault, please next time correct me in a orderly fashion and don't over react!

It is little mid understandings like this that make the community look bad. I am in fault for not making it so obviouse that I was joking, and I apologise again.

Ok, with that said

Jak

I see reason in having a new world as it renders the new features of the updates and is secure (unlike guest world) which I think is a good bonus

This new world, if we are allowed to transfer items between then I see it more of an expansion to the current world than a totaly new world, in the way that I mostly travel by warp, so from warping between worlds it seems I would be in the same world as I would see no difference.
wag just cross that bridge at spawn ( go through the tree then keep going that direction )
Barney, I'm a serious person. Also, you may call me duns for the purpose of this community (as I dislike my English name, and I dislike my birth name even more, ).

I'm a very serious person. I don't tend to joke around except with two people. My best friend, and my girlfriend. Both of them are women, and have done a lot for me. I think of a sense of humor being something that should only be shared intimately. Intimately not meaning extracurricular activities... more like meaning personal. I don't know you, or anyone on this server. I feel no need to share something I consider intimate with any of you, no offense. Along that note, text is INCREDIBLY hard to tell tone with. I mean no offense, but you have tons of grammatical errors, and with those grammatical errors I cannot tell whether you are joking or being serious. So I apologize for not being able to tell that you were joking. So yes, it was a misunderstanding for my insult towards you and I take it back, however the information bit I was still correct on. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

You can't warp between worlds, from how I understood it when the new world was first announced. I think you have to go through the portal. Mod/admin correct me if I'm wrong please. I'm not 100% sure on this bit, but I'm probably 70ish% sure.
I really dislike the way you put it. Minecraft is all about creativity. Some people prefer simplistic designs and certian materials. I have no problem with cobblestone, wood, and dirt houses and prefer a simple one or two story design than a fancy, near impossible to build mansion.

Don't like box-y buildings? Dont play minecraft. Sure its possible to make other shapes but the whole appeal to Minecraft is cubes and blocks.
I would just be happy if I could get my complex moved into the new world.. I don't care where in the new world. Hopefully somewhere I could expand.,