Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MineTown Zoo
Started by [E] ronvandorp

We tripled the glass to avoid escapees.

We removed spiders because they did not really give the visual effect I desired and kept killing themselves while trying to climb the walls.
Adam wrote:
donated 3k =D poor now T.T XD saw a demo of the mob show earlier, looks like it should be fun. NOTE TO RON - your spiders and creepers were escaping in the mobshow area.

Nice redstone work on the door btw.

You are on the donator's board!
Update.

MineTown has switched to 1.2. This means a higher sky limit and three new mobs. Time to make some changes! The zoo has already hit bedrock, which means there is only one way left to go: up. New floors will be added, since we now have significantly more room.

The following things have already been changed:

- New jungle biome! Bottom floor. There is full access inside the cage.

- Expansion of the mushroom biome! It is now a full floor which is fully open for the public. Villagers have been moved. Creepers and Endermen will be relocated later on a new floor.

- New floor: NPC village! This floor will hold villagers and iron golems. Full access for the public.

The following things are on the agenda:

- Buying a giant spawner. The floor is ready, time to get a spawner!

- Buying an ocelot spawner. The floor is ready, time to get a spawner!

- Buying a snow golem spawner.

- Buying an iron golem spawner.

- New floor: The End (Endermen) and a cage for Creepers.

- Expansion of the nether part of the zoo. With the new, much higher zoo, a larger mushroom cap is required to make it look natural again.
I love the whole Public Access idea! Just a question- Are we allowed to kill/tame the mobs there?
Also...Just a thought...Why not make the iron golems...?
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
I love the whole Public Access idea! Just a question- Are we allowed to kill/tame the mobs there?

When possible I will get spawners for everything. So yes, animals can be killed. As for the ocelots, they are meant to be tamed.
Crux_T wrote:
Also...Just a thought...Why not make the iron golems...?

The zoo has to be maintenance free once it is done. That will not be possible without spawners, for the following reasons:

Both iron golems and snow golems despawn from time to time, even though they shouldn't. For iron golems is the additional issue that they can be publically accessed and therefore can be killed by the visitors.
I love the zoo...but I notice that a building infront of my house seem walking away.....@.@ where it gone?

Plot 7 Nimaro Town (cykoh77)
There were issues with a plugin that did not work well in 1.2. That area was heavily affected by chunk errors and had to be given a rollback. I am sorry for the inconvenience, the entire area was a big fat mess.
Update.

You can help the zoo in the following ways:

- Make a donation. There is a donation sign on the first floor or you can wire it directly to Nickuru or me. We need mushroom blocks (especially stem blocks) and credits.

- SELL us mushroom stem blocks for 10 diamonds per stack at /warp nimaroshop2.

- We are auctioning a castle in the city of Nimaro! You can buy it with credits, which will also go to the zoo. You can participate in the auction here: http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/2576694-donate-to-zoo-gain-castle/page/3

Things recently done:

DONE - Re-activating spawning in the Zoo Show.

DONE - Rewiring the Zoo Show dispenser array. It now fires twice as many arrows per second with a maximum limit of 320 arrows per second when there is no lag.

DONE - Replacing 1/9th of the arrows with fire charges. Expect an inferno!

Things still planned:

PLANNED - Placing two ocelot spawners in the jungle biome (floor -4). FREE ACCESS. (planned for tonight)

PLANNED - Placing a snow golem spawner in the taiga biome (floor 2). (planned for tonight)

PLANNED - Placing an iron golem spawner in the NPC village (floor 5). FREE ACCESS. (planned for tonight)

PLANNED - Building more floors, starting with a larger version of The End. (floor 6). (planned)

PLANNED - Building a new, larger creeper cage. (floor 6). (planned)

A quick update!

The following things have been done recently:

DONE - Ocelot spawners didnt work in the jungle habitat we created near bedrock (they only spawn above sea lvl) so we had to world edit the whole thing up and redo all mushroom blocks.

DONE - Placed new ocelot spawners, we now have have FOUR spawners in the jungle biome! (freely accessible)

DONE - Placed a snow golem spawner in the taiga biome!

DONE - Placed an iron golem spawner in the NPC village! (freely accessible)

DONE - Made a hidden cave in the Jungle habitat, go check it out!

Things still planned:

PLANNED - Expand the cave system in the jungle biome.

PLANNED - Increase the size of the cap (hood) of the Zoo to match the stem now its increased in height.

PLANNED - Expand the nether area in the Zoo with the upgraded size of the cap.

PLANNED - Building more habitats, starting with a larger version of The End.

PLANNED - Building a new, larger creeper cage.

Like the Zoo and want to help us grow and maintain it? You can help us out by:

- Donating. We need credits mainy, but materials (look below) are needed as well.

- Help us farm mushroom blocks (especially stem blocks), you can donate these or sell them to us at /warp nimaroshop2. We give 10 diamonds to every stack of mushroom blocks, thanks!