Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MineTown Zoo
Started by [E] ronvandorp

MineTown zoo promotional video

MineTown zoo wiki page

Zoo2.png

FAQ

Who built the zoo?

I (ronvandorp) designed and built almost the entire zoo alone. I had some help from Nickuru (interior design of three cages) and KennytheKidd (helping me to fix the nether cage after the ghast outbreak). Many mods have helped me with several things, including donations of rare blocks, making the warp, helping to check the outside of the zoo for errors and killing the escaped ghasts. Drobac, ryanblm and Krystalin helped digging out the jungle biome floor. Thank you all for helping me!

Which city is this?

The city is called Nimaro, short for Nickuru, KingMark and ronvandorp. There will be a warp to the city as soon as the spawn point is built. The city has free to take cactus, cooked pork and rotten flesh. Lots were built but destroyed in the 14 hour rollback and will have to be built again.

Currently, the following public warps are in Nimaro:

/warp nimaroshop: 1st floor of the shop has wool and dyes

/warp nimaroshop2: 2nd floor of the shop for buying and selling of many items

/warp zoo: the zoo

/warp babe: free cooked pork!

/warp notre dame: Notre Dame de Paris and Atomium, both built by ronvandorp

/warp ronstorage: house of ronvandorp

/warp nickuru: house of Nickuru

/warp kenny: house of KennytheKidd

/warp pirate: enormous pirate ship built by Landr0 but part of Nimaro.

/warp nimarostadium: our football stadium

Can you please let me in with the <slimes / ghasts / blazes>?

No. It is a zoo, but not a petting zoo.

What material is the outside of the zoo made of? How did you obtain the blocks?

The zoo is constructed from approximately 150 stacks of giant (red) mushroom blocks. I obtained them with silk touch enchanted tools. I mined most of it myself.

What material are the walkways made of?

The walkways consist of note blocks (made from 2 wood / 1 redstone) and jukeboxes (made from 2 wood / 1 diamond).

How did you get a <name of mob> ?

Everything comes from spawners except tamed wolf. The spawners are hidden from view unless I want you to see them (blazes and cave spiders).

How the f*** did you get the credits for all these spawners?!?!?!

We were saving up with three people, not just one. I also traded many things for credits, including other spawners and diamonds to get hundreds of thousands of credits. The net worth of the spawners in the zoo is well over twelve million credits now.

Why no <chicken / ender dragon / magma cube / mooshroom / slime / snow golem> ?

I used to have chickens in the zoo (spawned from eggs), snow golems (spawned from snow and pumpkin) and mooshrooms (spawned by a mod+ and maintained by breeding. However, maybe because there are so many mobs in one chunk, mobs now randomly despawn. The same goes for cows and sheep but I have spawners for those now.

Currently 4 spawner types are broken: chicken, magma cube, mooshroom and snow golem. These spawners cannot be created at the moment, even by staff. Until the mbox plugin if fixed those types of animals will not be in the zoo.

I have a slime spawner but it needs to be moved by a mod+ from the current location to the zoo. Expect slimes soon.

I will never have an ender dragon spawner because ender dragons destroy ALL blocks except end stone, obsidian and bedrock. They even destroy dragon eggs and (ender dragon) spawners. Having an ender dragon in the zoo is not a realistic option!

Why is there a giant ghast made of wool outside?

To commemorate the great ghast outbreak of 2011 where approximately 40 ghasts escaped and roamed the city. Zionia000 killed them. The Nether part of the zoo has since been protected in two ways. One: ghast fire balls are turned off in the region, meaning ghasts will still shoot but can no longer harm players or blocks (but they can still kill other ghasts). Two: the walls are three layers thick, with the middle (invisible) layer being explosion-proof.

Can I please mine the diamond in the slime cage?

No. I put it there with a silk touch enchanted tool for all to see.

Why is the <mob> in the <other mob>'s cage?

Sometimes there is natural spawning too. I do not kill the creatures off because they will de-spawn eventually, even the passive mobs.

Why did you put the skeletons and zombies in a cemetery and not a dungeon?

Dungeons are boring boxes of moss stone. Although I wanted accurate biomes in the zoo, this one was too boring so I changed it to something more fun.

What is that weird purple grass on the fourth floor?

It is called Mycellium. It spawns naturally in mushroom biomes and can be obtained with silk touch tools.

What is this weird ass thing in the walkway on the fourth floor?

For reasons I do not fully understand, villagers tend to escape from their cage. They are harmless so do not worry.

Why is the glass so weird in the creeper / villager cage?

Due to a lighting issue, glass cannot be built over solid blocks like stone or it will appear really dark. To avoid this, there is no glass there. It was done on purpose.

Am I really in the nether?

Genuinely a number of people have asked me this. No, you are not in the nether, I built something to look like the nether. I am happy people think it is so accurate they actually believe they are in the real nether.

More pictures!

Zoo1.png

Zoo3.png

Zoo4.png

ZooFloorB3-MushroomBiome3.png

ZooFloorB4-Nether.png

ZooFloorB1-WinterForest.png

ZooFloorB-1-WaterTank.png

Lovely Ron <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Nice Job ron, I will take a look when I get home from work tonight!
This looks cool! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Im gonna visit and hold a... I mean look from a distance at the mooshrooms <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
i got attacked by a blaze on the nether floor because there are a few holes in your netherfence
Tabbystripes wrote:
i got attacked by a blaze on the nether floor because there are a few holes in your netherfence

You can thank a certain moderator for that who wanted to get ghast tears / blaze rods and keeps breaking the zoo in the process. I will fix it as soon as the scheduled Minecraft maintenance time has passed.
Okay, it is repaired.

No more dead people!
Amazing. If I could i'd bump up this post 500000 times.

Ps- Stealth and I helped with the Ghast Outbreak too lol.
Hubabu wrote:
This looks cool! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Im gonna visit and hold a... I mean look from a distance at the mooshrooms <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Sometimes Hazel the Mooshroom escapes from her cage... Find her in the end and hug her all you want.

But watch out for Landr0.
lol, I was looking around and he spawned on me XD