Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MineTown Zoo
Started by [E] ronvandorp

I remember this haha this place was one of the coolest in Minetown ^^ you build solo you say? Besides a few helpers and the funding for the supplies? Very prestigeous.
HS1342 wrote:
This zoo is AWSOME!

But i still don't understand how you managed to get different spawners, isn't mbox down?

Mbox is not down, it is just not functioning properly. You can still use it to identify spawners. The fact that broken spawners revert to pigs is also not due to Mbox but due to Bukkit. Bukkit no longer saves the information of the spawer type in any kind of inventory, including chests and personal inventory.

Most of the zoo was built before Bukkit broke.
Briggers810 wrote:
That's a pretty awesome zoo.

Only thing I noticed was that the nether spawners were not working, when I went in there. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

The nether spawners all work fine. However, depending on how many people are online, there might be a lot of lag. Spawners produce a mob every number of ticks (499 ticks on average). In single player this would translate to approximately every 25 seconds, but in multiplayer with a lot of lag this time can be considerable more. Stick around for a while and mobs will eventually spawn. The ghast spawners are placed such that they will ONLY spawn ghasts if someone is on the top floor to prevent noise pollution in the area.
Ziminite wrote:
I remember this haha this place was one of the coolest in Minetown ^^ you build solo you say? Besides a few helpers and the funding for the supplies? Very prestigeous.

I built it almost solo, like 95 %. I had some help with building from my fellow town owners.

As for the supplies, the most important / expensive supplies in the zoo are 130 stacks of mushroom blocks and the spawners which are worth hundreds of thousands of credits.

The mushroom blocks I supplied all by myself, including the silk touch pickaxes required to mine them.

The spawners was a combined effort of three people.
How about we gather with several people, make an endstone box, put all our credits together and make an ender dragon spawner? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Landr0 wrote:
How about we gather with several people, make an endstone box, put all our credits together and make an ender dragon spawner? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Ender dragon spawners don't exist due to the plugin being broken

Even if the plugin was fixed you wouldn't be allowed one...

I know mods and stuff will know you, a respectable player of minetown, would trust you but the fact is that it could go wrong and ender dragons escape

That is worse than a ghast

O wait

If you think

1) ender dragons cannot spawn in main world

2) ender dragons destroy overworld blocks and would destroy everything

But this can be avoided with a layer of obsidian which they cannot destroy

Any way

The

Pont is you cannot do this
Landr0 wrote:

Had you actually read the entire post, you would have found the following FAQ question:

Why no <chicken / ender dragon / magma cube / mooshroom / slime / snow golem> ?

I will never have an ender dragon spawner because ender dragons destroy ALL blocks except end stone, obsidian and bedrock. They even destroy dragon eggs and (ender dragon) spawners. Having an ender dragon in the zoo is not a realistic option!
BARNEY626 wrote:

1) ender dragons cannot spawn in main world

2) ender dragons destroy overworld blocks and would destroy everything

But this can be avoided with a layer of obsidian which they cannot destroy

This is NOT true. Ender dragons cannot destroy obsidian, but they can fly through it. There is no block that can contain ender dragons, so they would always escape.

The zoo has been updated with the following things:

- Added Chicken spawner

- Added Mooshroom spawner

- Added Magma cube spawners

- Put double glass in the Villager cage to stop them from glitching onto the walkway

- Added more lights to the Squid tank walkway to prevent mobs from spawning in the walkway

- Built new (still empty) floor that will hold a jungle biome and an ocelot spawner once 1.2 comes out
i do agree with ronvandorp but it kinda confuses you when you say you have all 22 mobs it is kinda misleading i would prefer all possible 22 mobs
Ron did you use villager eggs or is there a spawner for them? Also are there blaze spawners?
Jahaoronnie wrote:
Ron did you use villager eggs or is there a spawner for them? Also are there blaze spawners?

Ron uses spawners, conceals them quite well. He told me the silverfish one is under the pillar in the stronghold habitat
Jahaoronnie wrote:

There were already Villagers in the Zoo before 1.1. In other words, spawner.

The blaze spawner is the only spawner clearly visible in the nether cage, because I wanted to be. It is on the nether brick platform, just like the ones in the real nether.